R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2001, 11:43 PM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I need you guys' opinion. Where do you currently get your Tamiya parts for the TB Evo, and the TA04R, or just Tamiya parts in general. And would you guys be interested in seeing Speed Tech R/C carrying Tamiya parts?

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 11:52 PM   #77
Tech Regular

I have to order it on Tower Hobbies, because only one of my LHS carries Tamiya parts, but not a lot.

I would love to order from SpeedTech rather than Tower.
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 09:38 AM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Default 48 pitch gearing

I'm posting on several old threads to see if anyone has 48 pitch gearing suggestions for stock motors. Thanks for your help.
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #79
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anybody still race these?
Old 12-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Ya there are some still out there.
I have a couple.
One setup for a Vintage Trans-Am class
Also planning on running on the pavement next summer
Dave
Old 12-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #81
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great because I need some setup tips. I race outdoors on asphalt. You got any setup tips for me? Shock oil, springs?

I asked the lfg's, but it seems that their setups don't really work for me. I was using 60 wt oil with 1 hole pistons, but he said it felt twitchy to him. He suggested 40 wt oil. I tried it, but the car has so much roll through the turns even when using the anti-roll bar kit. Any advice would be helpful.

BTW what's a Trans Am series car look like?

Darrin
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #82
jcr
Tech Regular

I know this thread is pretty dead now but just picking up 1/10 touring again and dusting off my TA04-R. I think with the correct tuning and driving, I can keep up with most tub chassis cars in the stock class.

Just wondering what gear ratios do you guys used on the
  • Team Trinity Monster Stock
  • Team Trinity CO27 Monster Stock

Good thing about the TA04 is that you can still find spares for it since the suspension has all the same parts as the TA05.
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #83
jcr
Tech Regular

Anyone? I guess this car is completely dead now?

I was thinking of going 120T spur and 35T pinion to give me a roll out of 26 since I read somewhere that people are having a roll out of 26-27 with the CO27 motor.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #84
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
Anyone? I guess this car is completely dead now?

I was thinking of going 120T spur and 35T pinion to give me a roll out of 26 since I read somewhere that people are having a roll out of 26-27 with the CO27 motor.
hey jcr. i just dusted mine off for tcs racing i would go with a 128 and 45t for a c027 im gonna run 13.5 brushless in mine i think we should revive this thread. its a great car. if you have any questions pm me and we can discuss setups
Old 02-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #85
jcr
Tech Regular

are you sure about a 128T and 45T? And why go with the bigger spur and pinion? It adds extra rotational weight. Reading this site, the TC3 guys are having a roll out of 26-27 on the CO27. A 128T with 45T we'll get a rollout of 32. Which is similar to my 120x41 gearing on my P2K.

I'm running 120T and 41T on my old P2K motor. Too bad TCS in Canada is restricted to the silver can or black can motor. Not sure how that is in the USA. But I would like to get back into GT2 TCS. Any tips on gearing for the black can?

I rear your thread on the brushless and it looks like we're running similar setup!

I like this car, too bad it is being replaced by the TA05. Funny how my stock TA04R is lighter than a stock TA05 (approximately 100-200g lighter). Although I do like the battery layout of the TA05 (reminds me of my Yokomo MR4-TC).
Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #86
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
are you sure about a 128T and 45T? And why go with the bigger spur and pinion? It adds extra rotational weight. Reading this site, the TC3 guys are having a roll out of 26-27 on the CO27. A 128T with 45T we'll get a rollout of 32. Which is similar to my 120x41 gearing on my P2K.

I'm running 120T and 41T on my old P2K motor. Too bad TCS in Canada is restricted to the silver can or black can motor. Not sure how that is in the USA. But I would like to get back into GT2 TCS. Any tips on gearing for the black can?

I rear your thread on the brushless and it looks like we're running similar setup!

I like this car, too bad it is being replaced by the TA05. Funny how my stock TA04R is lighter than a stock TA05 (approximately 100-200g lighter). Although I do like the battery layout of the TA05 (reminds me of my Yokomo MR4-TC).
well i ran the car on a big track. 100x40 and we rolled out at about 31. the spur gear doesnt really make a huge difference but the car was always better with the bigger gear on the track. as long as you got good infield and straight away thats all that matters tamiya changed the rules. you can only run the ta05 ifs or tb03 ifs in gt2 so i have to run gt1 and 13.5 brushless i have a 104 spur for brushless so we will see how that works. im having fun working on the ta04 again its a nice break from my tc5r
Old 02-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #87
jcr
Tech Regular

Hmm.. I see. The winter indoor track I run at seems pretty small compare to what I'm used to so maybe I should start with a 120x35 as a base then maybe move up to the 120x41 if I need to. Don't want to overheat the motor on the first try lol.

Wow those rules sucks because it means you MUST but the latest and greatest car that Tamiya makes. Not even the TA05 (non IFS) is legal? Good thing the rules over here isn't as bad. http://www.tamiya.ca/2009%20tcs%20on-road.htm I still wish we ran the regular 27T stock motors for GT2. Which brushless is legal? Most likely I'll just do the GT2 class.

Too bad changing the battery on the TA04 is a little difficult compare to the TA05 or TB03 or else I would consider doing endurance racing with my TA04R Check this out http://www.tamiya.ca/tamiya_saturday_night_racing.htm and a video.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hmm.. I see. The winter indoor track I run at seems pretty small compare to what I'm used to so maybe I should start with a 120x35 as a base then maybe move up to the 120x41 if I need to. Don't want to overheat the motor on the first try lol.

Wow those rules sucks because it means you MUST but the latest and greatest car that Tamiya makes. Not even the TA05 (non IFS) is legal? Good thing the rules over here isn't as bad. http://www.tamiya.ca/2009%20tcs%20on-road.htm I still wish we ran the regular 27T stock motors for GT2. Which brushless is legal? Most likely I'll just do the GT2 class.

Too bad changing the battery on the TA04 is a little difficult compare to the TA05 or TB03 or else I would consider doing endurance racing with my TA04R Check this out http://www.tamiya.ca/tamiya_saturday_night_racing.htm and a video.
yeah it does suck because not only do you have to have the car they only allow the lrp vector and novak 17.5 in gt2. i have neither as i run tekin motors so its gt1 only for me its all good though that endurance racing is sweet. i would move to canada just for that
Old 02-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #89
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
yeah it does suck because not only do you have to have the car they only allow the lrp vector and novak 17.5 in gt2. i have neither as i run tekin motors so its gt1 only for me its all good though that endurance racing is sweet. i would move to canada just for that
oh and i like the canadian rules much better. i would love to slap a sport tuned black can in my car and race, its more fun when things are level
Old 02-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #90
jcr
Tech Regular

Yeah the Canadian rules sounds better. Crappy part is if I want to race in it I need to get all new batteries (spec battery) so that is going to get costly again but at least they're only 2400 batteries.

Maybe I'll race in other club events where I can use any battery and any 27T stock motors.