R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2001, 12:11 AM   #61
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 428
Default

thanks for the tip ... i hope u didn't misunderstood me when i ask if your running TA04. I know you were, previously, but i heard you (or your team mates?) were running LOSI XXXS ... if you were on 04 last sunday ... mind sharing the setup?

Quote:
Originally posted by GKC
Try 70 to 80wt shock oils with heavier springs like white in front and blue rear. Try playing around with the camber link positions too. This works well for me on the carpet
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 07:07 AM   #62
GKC
Tech Addict
 
GKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to GKC
Default

Yup, I was running the 04 on sunday, not the XXXs (no money to buy). I was running white springs front, 2nd hole on shock tower and outer hole on arm, blue springs rear, 2nd hole from edge on shock tower and outer hole on arm, both with 70wt shock oil. 1 degree camber front, 1.5 rear. Camber positions are at their longest, using the 6 deg caster, 2 deg rear toe-in.

What I did was to reduce the amount of roll on the car. Car was on rails on sunday, I even dialed down my steering exponential to slow the sensitivity of the steering to make the car steer better. Heavier shock oil would reduce the roll of the car but won't take out much steering in my opinion. If i am not wrong, a harder front set-up would also improve steering response. So far, my 04 have more than sufficient steering (some pple even complained that my car was too twitchy to drive)

Let me know if u still have any queries.
GKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 01:03 AM   #63
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 428
Default

white spring!!! i have to go down to yellow from blue in front ... but i'm on 450 Yok oil ... but your car look good last sunday. Rough race, wasn't it? ...

Quote:
Originally posted by GKC
Yup, I was running the 04 on sunday, not the XXXs (no money to buy). I was running white springs front, 2nd hole on shock tower and outer hole on arm, blue springs rear, 2nd hole from edge on shock tower and outer hole on arm, both with 70wt shock oil. 1 degree camber front, 1.5 rear. Camber positions are at their longest, using the 6 deg caster, 2 deg rear toe-in.

What I did was to reduce the amount of roll on the car. Car was on rails on sunday, I even dialed down my steering exponential to slow the sensitivity of the steering to make the car steer better. Heavier shock oil would reduce the roll of the car but won't take out much steering in my opinion. If i am not wrong, a harder front set-up would also improve steering response. So far, my 04 have more than sufficient steering (some pple even complained that my car was too twitchy to drive)

Let me know if u still have any queries.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 05:42 AM   #64
GKC
Tech Addict
 
GKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to GKC
Default

A very good race with an unexpected result i should say, if I have all SMH packs then results would be better. I have ran softer setup before but the car has too much roll that corner speeds became slower.With this setup the car was fast through the corners on sunday, especially the double S.
GKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 10:54 AM   #65
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 428
Default Batts

i remember sometime ago you said you were using promatch batts ... where/how did you get them? How does your Home-match batts compares to them ... at one site they say SMH rates with 500+sec at 30A...are those numbers true?

Quote:
Originally posted by GKC
A very good race with an unexpected result i should say, if I have all SMH packs then results would be better. I have ran softer setup before but the car has too much roll that corner speeds became slower.With this setup the car was fast through the corners on sunday, especially the double S.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 04:40 PM   #66
GKC
Tech Addict
 
GKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to GKC
Default

Nope, I don have any Promatch batts, I have been using packs that I matched. I don't think you can get 500+ sec at 30A, at 20A it is usually above 500+ sec. So far the SMHs that I had done are similar to those out there in voltage and runtime. Unless you can lay your hands on those team packs racers use otherwise the performance is on par.
GKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 10:25 PM   #67
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 428
Default

...so what numbers are good for ... say ... matched 2400 and SMH

Quote:
Originally posted by GKC
Nope, I don have any Promatch batts, I have been using packs that I matched. I don't think you can get 500+ sec at 30A, at 20A it is usually above 500+ sec. So far the SMHs that I had done are similar to those out there in voltage and runtime. Unless you can lay your hands on those team packs racers use otherwise the performance is on par.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 10:30 PM   #68
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default

Anyone know if I buy promatch batteries online, will I have to pay sales tax?
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 07:46 AM   #69
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,496
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Anyone know if I buy promatch batteries online, will I have to pay sales tax?
Only if you live in the same state that they are in.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 10:09 AM   #70
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default

But there are dealers in CA for Promatch, so I dunno if that "out-of-state" no sales tax rule still apply. Anyone have actually experience with them?
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:37 AM   #71
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington state
Posts: 962
Default New blue from Tamiya

Check out the latest releases from Tamiya. Lots of limited edition blue aluminum hop ups for the '04.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/news/news/news0.htm
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 08:51 PM   #72
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 428
Default mod gear ratio

can u suggest me a gear ratio for mod racing on ta04-pro?
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 09:28 PM   #73
Tech Regular
 
Aurra Sing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posts: 462
Default

For a 10t, I was recommended a 124/33 (8.00). But becareful, the TA04 motor mount may not allow you to fit such a size of gears. So you may have to calculate to find a different gearing which equals the same ratio that will actually fit teh TA04. The internal drive train ratio of the TA04 is 2.13.

good site http://www.arroyoc.com/gear.asp
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 11:56 PM   #74
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 428
Default TA04 Pro Gear

Thanks Aurra, just picked up some smaller pinions today. I'll try it out when i get home. I read from another thread 128/30 combination for 9turns...
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 07:52 AM   #75
Tech Regular
 
Aurra Sing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posts: 462
Default

Actually, I think I said the 128/30 for 9t's, too.

But don't use that, that's undergeared. I recommend using a 128/31-33 instead.

I know for sure that the gearing above will fit on the TA04 motor mount.
Aurra Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proline 40 Series Bowties with 23mm 40 Series Walbash wheels - FOR SALE - XrayRacer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 05-30-2007 03:09 PM
Moab 40-Series/Cheyenne 40-Series Tires/Wheels JEMCIV R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 04-04-2007 09:53 PM
Pro-Line 40 series Bowties on 40 Series White Velocity Wheels KansasCajun R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 02-08-2004 03:57 PM
Tamiya TA04 R Spec, TA04 Parts, F201 Parts, TC3 & Misc. izzyracer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 12-08-2003 12:12 PM
wanted: ta04-r/ta04 nozauta619 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 10-05-2002 11:21 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net