Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
heat-sink with fan? >

heat-sink with fan?

heat-sink with fan?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default heat-sink with fan?

Hi! I plan on buying this heat-sink for my TrackStar 1/18 power system , my question is does anyone know how much of a difference this will make on motor temps? I haven't actually used my motor yet so I don't know if it heats easily (don't have a car yet) But i'm pretty sure that I'll have issues with temps because its for my 1/18 pan car project and i'll be running a 2.7:1 gear ratio with 43mm diameter tires with a 3s LiPo, so I want to protect my motor as well as possible . And yes that heat-sink is for a 27mm motor not a 21mm motor like i have (I saw someone in the discusion that used it for there 20mm motor and just bent it inwards) being so does anyone think I'll need heat-transfer compound?
Old 06-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry since this is my first post theres no url
the product ID is 151000018 and 9171000063
Old 06-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Rookie

on hobbyking
Old 06-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

I dont think I have seen any fans from hobbyking that blow very hard. Get some yeah racing tornado fans. They blow very hard (5-6.5 grams of wind force on a digital scale) and you cant beat the price at $7-10 shipped each.

I havent tried the fan you refered to I cant see it blowing anymore than 1 gram max. It wont cool much at all.