R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Underdog = Understatement! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/87927-underdog-%3D-understatement.html)

Platinum_Racing 10-21-2005 07:03 PM

Underdog = Understatement!

www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/RustlerProject.html

Click on the link...you'll see what I mean! We have been working pretty hard to make a capable on-roader out of a Rusty, and we learned a lot after the Bandit became so dominant at our track. Check it out and post your ideas. If anyone has any ideas we're always looking!

Platinum_Racing 10-22-2005 11:13 PM

Man I thought that all these TC guys would have some ideas for us! I have a TC3 and my team mate has an HPI PRO but we are far from hardcore "TC" guys. We race strictly on-road with these purpose built machines but we have to change many components. What would you guys reccomend we change to make this perfect?

odawg315 10-23-2005 06:10 AM

oh man, platnum racing you guys are the bomb... those custom paintjobs are some of the nicest iv ever seen, how much do you charge?

ChadCapece 10-23-2005 08:31 AM

Go with foam 1/10th truck tires, a nice servo, chameleon 2 motor, Novak Fusion esc, digital FM radio, Team Losi XXX-T shocks, and a 3300 battery. Once you get those parts, that truck will fly.

Platinum_Racing 10-23-2005 09:05 AM

Well we already know we want to run Pro-Line Road Hawgs because we prefer the stability of a truck with foams. Traxxas Aluminum shocks are good and when setup right they won't need any preload spacers. We have a Chameleon motor (along with 25 other mod and stock motors) but we are running Pro-Stock at our track so we have to run a 27T motor. Don't worry, we generally get our trucks to 30-35 for Pro-Stock races so speed isn't that much of an issue. :sneaky: We have GP3300's...10 of them...so I guess we're all set. We may need to look into some more batteries because these ones have taken a massive beating this past season, but for now our 10X matched 3300's will do. We don't know what ESC we want to run but now that we have a suggestion we will check that out. We were probably going to run a Novak, but we weren;t sure which one. I'm looking into a GT7 for my XXX-T MFE so if anyone has one of those PM me! :D

Thank you...submit a questionare on the Contact page and we'll talk to you about pricing for a body.

DrOlds 10-23-2005 10:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics of my SRT-the chassis is different but the suspension is pretty much the same a Rusty.

DrOlds 10-23-2005 10:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more.

Platinum_Racing 10-23-2005 05:37 PM

I see you used rear arms in the front...that must give you more travel.

We're looking for a responsive suspension...something the Rusty isn't quite known for. Our site is loaded with some cool pictures of our Traxxas cars. Yours is top notch! We may get a G10 Graphite chassis sometime...but not for this build up.

ChadCapece 10-23-2005 06:54 PM

I'm just wondering, who makes up "we"? Do ya'll have a machining company that does parts and paintjobs?

howard hudson 10-23-2005 07:24 PM

check out factory works Darrel has some trick stuff

http://www.factoryworks.com/T%204%20...truck%20tn.jpg

http://www.factoryworks.com

Platinum_Racing 10-23-2005 08:28 PM

"We" are Team Platinum Racing. "We" make high performance R/C parts and accesories for popular R/C cars. "We" are as into R/C as anyone can be and "We" take pride in our work. ("I" am also good looking... :sneaky: )

We paint bodies, do custom aluminum work, use Autodesk Inventor, and race. We are also planning a trip to the 2006 RCX show in Aneheim CA, so look for us there.

Go to the site and see for yourself...we try to be as forthcoming as possible so we let our work speak for itself. Anyhoo........

Anymore suggestions? We need some ideas to keep this project rolling.

Stevietd14 10-23-2005 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
"We" are Team Platinum Racing. "We" make high performance R/C parts and accesories for popular R/C cars. "We" are as into R/C as anyone can be and "We" take pride in our work. ("I" am also good looking... :sneaky: )

We paint bodies, do custom aluminum work, use Autodesk Inventor, and race. We are also planning a trip to the 2006 RCX show in Aneheim CA, so look for us there.

Go to the site and see for yourself...we try to be as forthcoming as possible so we let our work speak for itself. Anyhoo........

Anymore suggestions? We need some ideas to keep this project rolling.

So this "We" is more then one person?Or do you just refer to yourself in a wierd version of 3rd person?Just curious...
Steve

Platinum_Racing 10-23-2005 08:36 PM

:lol: :lol:

No we is made up of me and my team who make the parts and keep up the site. The 3 founders are Justin (Me...the good looking one), Taylor, and Ben. This project is Taylor's but we all have a hand in it. There are other people but for the most part when you have any questions or form submissions you are talking with either myself, Taylor or Ben. As far as the bodies go, either me or Ryan do the design work and so far I paint. Soon Ryan will take over as the paint guy and he will also do the design work. I will still stick to the hard bodies and everyone will have a hand in part design and manufacturing. Anymore questions?

Platinum_Racing 10-24-2005 12:02 PM

Would it be worth it to somehow convert the front camber link positions so that they mount perpendicular to the shock tower? I was just wondering if we should worry about roll center that much. The Bandit handles the large oval great but I am wondering if we can make it any better by altering roll center. I know we wil be able to make the suspension smoother and get more mechanical traction from the suspension, but is the cost worth the benefit?

Platinum_Racing 10-24-2005 09:32 PM

Tomorrow we will do some more work on it and take some more pics. Images may not be uploaded until wednesday afternoon or evening but we still hope to get the pics on the camera tomorrow. Still need some instruction on that upper camber position...