R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-23-2005, 08:14 PM   #46
Tech Addict

Default a bit misleading

"Trinity pulled their ads because RCCA did a story on Chad Phillips cheating at the Vegas race"

I think the use of the word cheating is a little unfair.

I tracked down the original thread. If your read the Mr. Putnams account(in the Las Vegas race thread) it is pretty clear that the "offence" was rather technical and it in no way provided an advantage to the driver. Cheating implies consciously doing something to give oneself an unfair advantage.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i hear so much "rumors" i just like to race, i dont get into politics!!
Alex_kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:18 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Cheaters never prosper. He mixed parts in a motor, and paid the price. Somone at the race even said there was a note on the motor that said to wire it up BACKWARDS. I don't know how you can cheat any harder/better than that.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:42 PM   #49
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjonah
"Trinity pulled their ads because RCCA did a story on Chad Phillips cheating at the Vegas race"

I think the use of the word cheating is a little unfair.

I tracked down the original thread. If your read the Mr. Putnams account(in the Las Vegas race thread) it is pretty clear that the "offence" was rather technical and it in no way provided an advantage to the driver. Cheating implies consciously doing something to give oneself an unfair advantage.
No cheating is when you do not follow the rules, no matter what they are and no matter if you get an advantage or not. No matter how small the infraction you can never justify cheating.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:25 PM   #50
Tech Legend

Chad is no Cheeter !!!!

But what ever you do, never take gum frum um.....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:23 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Those of you who don't know the true story or at least have heard it second hand should not comment on who is or is not a cheater. I find it funny how so many people in this hobby love to propagate rumors.

I am not here to defend either Trinity or Chad Phillips, both are more than capable of defending themselves if they felt it was necessary, but for the crying out loud have we nothing better to do than talk smack?

FYI- when I got home from Vegas I was asked if I was caught cheating at the IIC.....something that was COMPLETELY FALSE.

Butter
Old 10-24-2005, 12:16 AM   #52
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

*** I made a joke using Butter's name and apologize if anyone took it seriously ***

Last edited by jamescam; 10-30-2005 at 10:09 PM.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Default ummmm

I was DQ in my first qualifying round because my wing was 1mm above the roof line even though it passed tech 20 mins before the race. Does that make me a "cheater" ?

I know nothing about Vegas but after actually taking the time to read the thread about the "controversy" , I thought using the term cheating was real unfair to the people involved.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:37 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjonah
Cheating implies consciously doing something to give oneself an unfair advantage.
Exactly. They cheated.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Thanks for your input, Rick.. big help here. While it was "cheating", there was no unfair advantage, and you know that. Or atleast should I think. Don't you own a motor company???

I'm not saying what was done was right, cause it definetly wasn't. To say there was an unfair advantage is just plain wrong.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #56
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Exactly. They cheated.
kapoww!!!!
There it is.

Maybe br00d has bigger crying towels for lil A-Lo?
G-Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #57
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
I'm not saying what was done was right, cause it definetly wasn't. To say there was an unfair advantage is just plain wrong.

If there was no advantage intended, why was it done in the first place? Who at that level does ANYTHING to a motor that isn't intended to be an improvement?

Aside from that, everything in this thread about RCCA is fiction. No one here has any idea what the deal is wtih Trinity or RCCA.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:10 AM   #58
Tech Master

Talking

this thread is productive now?

i know chad a little bit and i know alex alot a bit. and i wouldn't call either a cheater...but they did "bend" the rules and got nailed for it. or maybe it was the lack of rules that caught them in a gray area? alex is cool in my book along with chad. live and learn i guess?

but practicing on a closed track when everyone goes home is cheating! muahhahaahahhaah parkay!
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #59
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCHEATULOSE
this thread is productive now?

i know chad a little bit and i know alex alot a bit. and i wouldn't call either a cheater...but they did "bend" the rules and got nailed for it. or maybe it was the lack of rules that caught them in a gray area? alex is cool in my book along with chad. live and learn i guess?

but practicing on a closed track when everyone goes home is cheating! muahhahaahahhaah parkay!
just like the guys that practice over night at the nats in florida. WTF i was told by somebody that was thier..some racers turned on the lights and started running...why was the track not closed over night, to many trailers , so leaving the track gates open was for wrenching only...thats cheating ...rick does not own PEAK anymore he only runs the orion america motor dept..nice move rick NOT getting last , you have to go out of your way to take out hodapp ..
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I didn't have a 19T motor to run and I couldn't find the parts to make a 19T, there was always the Ampdraw store
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote