Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Rotor difference >

Rotor difference

Rotor difference

Old 06-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rotor difference

On speed passion website they have different rotors for different turns. The rotor I need is made for 3.0t to 8.5 but does anyone know if I can use the one that is made for 9.5t to 21.5t. They look the same but don't want to buy it unless I'm sure they will fit.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Rotors look the same. Difference is the magnetism, they are permanent magnets. What kills them is heat.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh ok so I shouldn't go with the higher turn rotors. Why would the magnetism be different for?
Old 06-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Layman terms. Without magnetism motors do not work. Brushed motor, permanent magnet is the can, Armature the winding, brushes(commutator) contact the armature. The opposite with Brushless. Armature the can, permanent magnet the Rotor. No Brushes.

Number of turns of motor are winding of gauge wire. lower the gauge more reactive of magnetism it develops. higher gauge less reactive. More voltage the poles from N to S the greater the magnetism.

Brushless motor does not physically brushes in contact with a commutator or armature. Brushless done by Magnetism. Magnetism is a phenomenon in electronics. Field it create from voltage creates the permanent magnet to react.

Layman term instead of the X,Y Z in mathematic or scientific garcon.