Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default http://www.teamtamale.com/

Here is Team Tamale's web site.
http://www.teamtamale.com/

He has a regular job, so he responds within a day or two for questions but he fills his orders pretty quick.

You can't go wrong with the Chubs...

Ohh..I agree with the previous posting...get the spring steel front axles...keeps you from having to fight the bearing when attempting to take apart.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #17
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=olhipster1]Here is Team Tamale's web site.
http://www.teamtamale.com/

He has a regular job, so he responds within a day or two for questions but he fills his orders pretty quick.

QUOTE]

Thanks, I have to get a set of those front c-hubs
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:19 AM   #18
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got the BMI kit for my FK05 and I really like it alot. The BMI just seems to work better, with the same setups, for me than the Xray chassis.

Last edited by DougC; 10-21-2005 at 08:00 PM.
DougC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

Anyone know more about this Hyperform chassis? I went to their website, but it doesn't tell you a whole lot.
thebrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:36 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrad
Anyone know more about this Hyperform chassis? I went to their website, but it doesn't tell you a whole lot.
They just started shipping them out. I have emailed the guy and bought one of his 12th scale chassis. I havent picked up one of the Xray chassis yet, but the 12th scale is NICE
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

I agree with Doug. I've tweaked my stock chassis' (04) and never had the problem with the BMI, yet I still need to get one for my 05. It's a great investment. Jason's chassis are laid in 0-45-90 degrees. Stock is only 0-90. All corners come routed at 45 degrees and the batt. holes don't need filing. A varity of colors, including matte black. Lighter than stock. Just glue your egdes and your done.

If you want to go lighter and tricker, check out ewippler's (AKA Erik) carbon upright posts with anodized thread inserts. Here's his thread. A+ service too.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66286

And I'm with everyone on the Tamale scene. Strongest alum. in the industry. Xray alum. is butter compared to Tamales. Never need replacing.

I'm happy with Xray and there innovations, and if I wasn't into mods I could care less about buying aftermarket stuff. But all the above step up the quality and trick factor a knotch.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Those standoffs are very cool, that's what I'm talking about! I'm looking for the small one-man shops putting out hop-ups because they want to. Very nice.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:47 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrad
I'll have more info up with pictures of the production kits shortly.

For now, besides the info at this link http://www.hyperform-racing.com/fk05_conversion.htm here is a summary I posted on our thread the other day...

I actually spent a great deal of time making sure we didn't change the weight bias/layout much. The best part of the conversion is the quality of the carbon fiber. All components are cut from 3mm quasi with a much lower resin content then all other carbon fiber used in RC that I know of. This gives you the stiffest possible chassis period. When combined with our top deck, the car is a rock letting the suspension do the work.

The chassis is routed 0.5mm deep so that the bulkheads, standoffs and motor mount sit at the same roll center and CG as the stock chassis. We have added a battery tape slot like BMI pioneered as well as diff cutouts both front and back. This was done to avoid interfering with the belt or diff since everything sits closer to the chassis. We also made the spur cutout longer so you can utilize larger spurs with out any modification. Very important for 19t and mod.

The front and rear shock towers are such that no modification is required to slam the body for carpet.

The conversion includes chassis, top deck and shock towers for $99.99
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:19 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Thank you.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:49 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

Anyone else?
Old 10-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

I'm reviving the thread one last time any other ideas?