R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Robitronic Dyno Software Reg HELP!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/87718-robitronic-dyno-software-reg-help.html)

FreqETag 10-19-2005 05:41 PM

Robitronic Dyno Software Reg HELP!!

I'm hoping someone can offer some help.

Installed the ProMaster II Windows software on XP. Went to register and the page the software links to is dead!!

Anyone else have any ideas? I emailed them (twice) got nothing.

HELP!! :confused:

Thanks in advance all!

Tres 10-19-2005 05:58 PM

Drop an email to:

[email protected]

Drew_Cat 10-19-2005 06:02 PM

http://www.competitionelectronics.com/turbodyno.html

a real dyno ! :weird:

FreqETag 10-19-2005 06:12 PM

thx

Thx for the contact email Tre, we'll see what happens. Maybe its some sort of holiday in Austria??

Turbo Dyno? Didn't have a grand laying around to spend.... not a bad piece of gear but you have to CONSTANTLY maintain the slave motor. Also, those 60amp power supplies are expensive and fun to carry around... :sneaky:

Joe B 10-19-2005 06:46 PM

I know this doesn't apply to what you have, but since it was mentioned ........a turbo dyno 45 only needs a pretty small size 45 amp power supply, or even a smaller 30amp supply if you only do stock or 19 turns like many people........also Iv'e never seen a need to rebuild the slave motor any sooner than dynoing 100 plus motors or more..(unless you do all mods)....Thats a pretty long time without "any" changes in readings :cool:

FreqETag 10-20-2005 07:13 AM

Update

Still no response. Strange. Anyone else know how to reach these people?

I emailed some time ago and was surprised to hear right back from them but now... notta.

Grizzbob 10-20-2005 02:47 PM

I'm not too sure what's going on there either, haven't even been able to go to their site lately(though I'm no longer gonna worry about using the Windows version of the software, I think I prefer the old program, especially since I can easily go back to any previous runs whether I saved them or not, & the fact that I don't have to purchase that one)....... :cool:

Tres 10-20-2005 03:25 PM

Sorry guys, that was the last addy I got a response to.
It was some time ago....

:confused:

FreqETag 10-20-2005 06:22 PM

Uh oh...

www.robitronic.com is GONE!

WTF?? Don't tell me..... they're out of business???

Nice........ :flaming:

How bout this?

Anyone able to run the DOS version on XP? I tried (and so did 2 other VERY knowledgeable guys) to get it to work and NO go.

Again, thanks for the help!

BrentL 10-20-2005 06:45 PM

i doubt they are out of business, they just came out with a new speed control.

maybe website change???

Grizzbob 10-20-2005 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by FreqETag
www.robitronic.com is GONE!

WTF?? Don't tell me..... they're out of business???

Nice........ :flaming:

How bout this?

Anyone able to run the DOS version on XP? I tried (and so did 2 other VERY knowledgeable guys) to get it to work and NO go.

Again, thanks for the help!

Honestly don't know, fortunately my laptop runs Windows 2000 instead of XP(though I've had similar concerns about being able to run a DOS program in XP, sounds like my fears were confirmed & I'm glad now that my laptop didn't come with it), but I do know that the DOS version runs fine in 2000.... :p

DynoMoHum 10-21-2005 06:47 AM

Looks like they have a new web site, but I haven't looked at their site for A LONG time...

I've never owned the Promaster II software, however I did download it today, and it seems to work on my install of WinXP, but I have not registred it, so I'm only in 'lite' mode.

FreqETag 10-21-2005 09:35 AM

Problem Solved~!

Had to call.... geez.. I know thats gonna be pricey!

Spoke to Robert. Got back to me in 5 mins with a reg number.. $60... ouch!

All is good. :cool:

drsfly 10-25-2005 07:44 AM

robi software for xp

I am in the same boat. unfortunatly I have not had time to try mine out since I bought the dyno a few months ago.
Was the $60 for an xp version and if so could you let me know the new email/website because I might as well order a xp version myself.
I about got the car built so it is time to get to work on some motors and get back to racing.
Thanks for the help.
Darrald

drsfly 10-25-2005 08:08 AM

robi xp software

did anyone try running it in the compatibility mode of xp?
I am by no means a computer whiz. I asked one of the IT guys here at work. All he could say was "it might work" if you pick manual in the compatibility wizard and let it walk you through it.

I will try it tonight.