R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2001, 07:38 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Real Race Simulator

I saw an ad for a PC racing simulator called Real Race by Duratrax... this program comes with a Futaba-type pistol-grip controller that is wired into a port on your PC, provides 5 different, customizeable tracks from dirt to oval, and a wide choice of vehicles (nitro truck/car, electric, 1/10, 1/12, etc). It claims the performance of the race cars is highly customizeable, just like at your local track. The whole deal sells for about $80 at Tower.

Has anybody out there used this program? What do you think of it? Thumbs up or thumbs down?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:58 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

My father ordered it last week... I will be sure to let you know how he likes it... I may stop in and check it out....... :-)
brianlisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 01:06 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I've got it, I like it but the trim always is off and that gets annoying after a while. Don't think there are any 1/12th's but I know that there are 1/10th's and 1/8th's. It's not the most realistic but I feel that it's the best rc sim out now. If you have any Q's ask ask away.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 08:05 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

I just got a copy, gotta say it looks pretty good. Lots of ways to customize your set up... my driving skills aren't the best, so I'm hoping this will let me get more practice time in and improve my driving without wrecking my car.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:19 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Try this... take the 1/10 nitro, put in the . 21 engine, yank the track condition all the way up to excellent ... see how it goes. I totally into it. This is the only way you can go falt out, drive straight into the barrier and not break anything ... i say it's worth the money.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocket
I just got a copy, gotta say it looks pretty good. Lots of ways to customize your set up... my driving skills aren't the best, so I'm hoping this will let me get more practice time in and improve my driving without wrecking my car.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 08:22 PM   #6
Tech Regular

i have the same problem ... but still fun to be to drive everynight without leaving my room. Don't you wish you can draw up your own track layout?

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
I've got it, I like it but the trim always is off and that gets annoying after a while. Don't think there are any 1/12th's but I know that there are 1/10th's and 1/8th's. It's not the most realistic but I feel that it's the best rc sim out now. If you have any Q's ask ask away.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:25 PM   #7
Tech Regular

..wish i could race online with someone and double the fun...
Old 10-10-2001, 08:49 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Oh Yeah! Awesome - new and painless ways to crash a car! But I already know how to do that!
Old 10-10-2001, 08:53 PM   #9
Tech Regular

... and driveaway undamaged?!!. what car do you drive?
Quote:
Originally posted by Rocket
Oh Yeah! Awesome - new and painless ways to crash a car! But I already know how to do that!
Old 10-10-2001, 11:03 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Dude I reckon if they added a track editor, fixed the online playing setup cause it's stuffed and fixed the trim it would be totally awsome It's still lots of fun though.

Quote:
Originally posted by stik
i have the same problem ... but still fun to be to drive everynight without leaving my room. Don't you wish you can draw up your own track layout?

Old 10-11-2001, 11:32 AM   #11
Tech Initiate

has anybody tried the serpent's version? would like to know if its good or not.
rcspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 01:35 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rcspeed
has anybody tried the serpent's version? would like to know if its good or not.
What are you talking about?? More info please.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:48 PM   #13
Ron
Tech Adept

Anyone been to my RealRace web page? if you guys wana race lets do it. i have a few really good tips on this game that should really help you.

also the trim thing you are refering to you can dial that out of the remote. its called the steering exponetional. move it to about 50% and it should dial out that twitch that you experiance.

its kinda like adding a deadband to the steering this makes the steering not respond so precicly but you have to move the wheel a tad further to get the little bit of steering you want.

i have managed to get 27 laps in 5 minutes on the parkinglot track with a .15 omega based car. im telling you this car is so fast its almost hard to drive.

the knifedge web site also has a forum you can discuss things about this program. here are the links

http://www.geocities.com/realraceron...?1002847425890
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 09:24 PM   #14
Tech Regular

...wow! that's very fast ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron

i have managed to get 27 laps in 5 minutes on the parkinglot track with a .15 omega based car. im telling you this car is so fast its almost hard to drive.
http://www.geocities.com/realraceron...?1002847425890
Old 10-11-2001, 09:26 PM   #15
Tech Regular

...another thing i like about this game, you can time your self and see how you progress ...