R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2002, 09:59 PM   #121
Ron
Tech Adept

Im fast, i can keep up. Lets do this

Anyone play nascar 4 or 2002? thats the best game ive played online in along time. I wish Realrace had an online setup like nascar does. you meet in a chatroom, and there are many people hosting races you choose wich one you want to play and the main server connects all the racers together.

Its like a big chatroom but with a list of racees.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 04:14 AM   #122
Per
Tech Initiate

Send an e-mail to Knife-Edge about this.

This game is mainly a multiplayer game. But it's hard to find anyone racing. Because of bad network app.
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 11:00 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Everyone. I just got RealRace. Seems to be a pretty cool game. I had a problem with my Controller "Not Connected". My solution to this was simple. Instead of going through the hassel of reinstalling drivers which didn't work. I just went to my Settings/Controll Panel/Game Controllers folder. From there I installed 2 RealRace controllers. One will be "Not Connected" and the other will be "OK". Calibrate the "OK" one. In the game you can select one of the RealRace controllers. Mine was listed under RealRace Controller(manual). Something like that. I calibrated that one and it works now. Simple fix for me! Anyways, gonna try and download some cars! Catch yall later!
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 12:28 AM   #124
Tech Regular

Default Asphalt Challenge

hey Ron, i hope you didn't ger me wrong or anything. I know you are fast ... really fast! i've downloaded one of your carpark race and up until today I can't catch up with that recorded race.

I'm tired of running the carpark and i'm trying the asphalt that's why I'm asking for your time on that ... any laptime, for that matter - so I that I have a benchmark ( you might be the best benchmark anyone can get ) ... or better yet, maybe i can download one of your races on the Asphalt but i've lost the link ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron
Im fast, i can keep up...
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:37 AM   #125
Per
Tech Initiate

There is one recorded race on the Asphalt challenge on RealRace Internet World . Upload yours if you want.
Ron uses the Xtacy Pro Spec for that recorded race.

http://w1.237.telia.com/~u23704310/
go to: Download / Asphalt Challenge Road Course

Would be great to race against you Online!
Old 03-18-2002, 11:16 PM   #126
Tech Elite

I just measured my XXX-S with the New Carpet Setup on Losi website and put the car on the game. Seems to be pretty good. Acts like my real XXX-S on the track. Anyone figure out any hacks yet for changing the tracks? I'd like to make a small carpet track. Hmmmm Wonder if any of the other game editors would work. Seems to be a pretty good game so far!
Old 03-19-2002, 03:55 AM   #127
Ron
Tech Adept

yes put your cars into the simm and try them i have had good luck doing this also. The only real problem i can see is that the stratus body puts to much down force at speed and can push the car to hard into the track, this causes the car to scrup at speed and drive weird.

I thinnk you need a .Dat file editor to edit the .Dat files, they have the game setup so that the tracks are on the cd. Im not sure if there is anyway around this. all i can say is WAIT! just WAIT its gets better ; )

Dont know about the pull but remember the tracks arnt level, including the parkinglot trackat the end of the back strait the lot goes down hill so if this is where you get the drift thats why.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:19 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Hmmm well if the tracks are on the CD, and if I remember correctly, you stated that you can copy the cd to the harddrive and play off of it. I think that was you a couple pages back. Hmmmmm, would be nice to have my hometown track on the harddrive.... Would be nice for them to come out with some add-on cds. And a Track editor much like what they have for their RealFlight series... speaking of which... wonder if their Editor would work on RealRace?! Anyways, I guess I'll play around. I'll probably measure my MR4TC Special and my Friends TC3. Then Add them to the game. Gotta figure a way to simulate oneways......
Old 03-19-2002, 08:23 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Hello again. Just learning to use the record mode. It's pretty cool. I took Rons record race on the Parking Lot Track. And ran against it. Then I recorded like 4 other races of mine. Now I race against 4 other cars. Good way to learn! I did 19 laps at 5:08.097 on Default mode using the Omega Force GS. Anyone have any other Parklot Recordings? This is pretty cool. Racing against my best! I guess I can shoot for 20 laps now!
Old 03-21-2002, 02:52 AM   #130
Ron
Tech Adept

yes use a program called fantom CD, will create a ghost image of the disk then it thinks its a virtual cdrom and run from that. you can do it with many games but it takes 2X the space. first you have to install the game then copy the full disk.

the only problem wiht recording your self and racing them is you are limited to only 4 cars, you can get a little confused using the same colors some times. but you can use the other cars also to mix in a little different flavors and body styles, that would work and change the colors. run evey color of the xtacy then run 4 of the omega

I think you can edit the .dat files if you are good at doing that. i think it takes some expensive programs and alot of time. I found a .dat editor and i opend a few .dat files and its just full of bpm images, you then have to edit the ini files to arange the bmp files to work in the order you rearange them.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:34 AM   #131
Tech Regular

what i did was do 8 or 9 single car / 7 min run using the same color and then practice with all the 8/9 recording using a distinctive different color. That way, I can simulate qualifying conditions /confusions the closest possible way without leaving the house. Now i'm doing 30min runs to simulate racing.

But i'm having this problem of recordings playing not smoothly all the way. have any of you experienced this?
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 08:44 AM   #132
Per
Tech Initiate

I will host a RealRace multiplayer Race on 2002-03-22. check my RealRace page for more info.
http://w1.237.telia.com/~u23704310/
Old 03-22-2002, 08:22 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Okay, I'm almost at my 20lap mark on Rons Parking Lot Race. So far I am 19 laps at 5:01.1 This is really helping me out. I'm learning how to take corners faster and how to approach them. Now if only I can make my local tracks!! Anyways, here is my download if you want to give it a spin...

Jimmy Mac
http://intyrestudios.tripod.com/jimmygas1.zip
Old 03-22-2002, 08:23 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, you have to Save Target as, it might now work if you just click on it.....
Old 03-22-2002, 08:46 PM   #135
AO
Tech Addict

Is that good for practicing.....? can do car setup? OR TRACK SETUP?
AO is offline   Reply With Quote