R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-14-2002, 02:25 PM   #91
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send in the races by a certain date. It would be easier that way. How do you send in recorded races? Is it just in the real racer folder or is it something different? I don't mind either way Roar or not roar. What ever you guys want.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 05:29 PM   #92
Per
Tech Initiate

I have made a tutorial for sending Records to RealRace Internet World.
Check this out. If you don't undersand it tell me. (by e-mail)
My English is'nt that good.

http://w1.237.telia.com/~u23704310/
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 03:55 AM   #93
Tech Elite

Hey thanks cheers mate

stevetc3 - Thanks for clearing up the 2-speed thing in your rules.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:56 PM   #94
Ron
Tech Adept

ok lets do it, when is the first date?
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 08:11 PM   #95
Ron
Tech Adept

Check this out, RealRace isnt real popular so there isnt much stuff on it. It uses a program called safe disk, with that you have to use the CD to play the game or you get an error. I found this program called Fantom CD and you can copy the disk to a folder on your drive and it acts like a cdrom, you create a new shortcut running the game from this "fantom cd drive" and you dont need the disk anymore. It creates a "image" and runs from that.

Pretty cool only one small problem, it uses 500 megs of your drive beacuse it copies the whole disk. It loads the tracks in no time.

check it out, Fantom CD, on www.downloads.com
Old 02-17-2002, 09:38 PM   #96
Tech Initiate

i am thinking about getting this game but am wondering if after you bought this game did it increase your driving skills?
vodo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 12:14 AM   #97
Ron
Tech Adept

it helped me, also tought me ALOT about setup. There are things that are just a given on some cars that you cant change that make all the difference. You can race anytime and no one ever takes you out. You never have a DNF from a broken part or a lapper. You can race in your undies, or when you cant sleep. This is really a good program anyone that says different didnt give it any time.

There are alot of things that i didnt know about in the biging and once i ready and messed around i figured out the "lingo" they were using and it became ALOT better. I always rush into somthing and never read and that was the problem here in the begining.

There are still a few multiplayer issues that need fixed but its still the best R/C game out there so far.

I give it a 9 only because it has a few bugs still, if the multyplayer was flawless then ide say its a 10.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:12 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I got back into racing a couple of years ago after a long layoff when a friend at work bought himself a TC3 and got me hooked...

I got back on the pace pretty quickly, but since we didn't have a permanent track in our area he wasn't getting enough racing time to learn as fast as he wanted. He picked up Real Race and spent a lot of time racing the parking lot course. I'd do a fast run and he'd race against the recording. Every time he got to where he could beat the recording I'd make a faster one. Two weeks of that and the next time we raced for real he qualified second just a few seconds behind my TQ when prior to Real Race he was a couple of laps off the pace.

I can't say for sure that Real Race deserves all the credit for accelerating his learning curve that much, but I'm sure it had some effect.

Trips
Old 02-19-2002, 05:07 AM   #99
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron
it helped me, also tought me ALOT about setup. There are things that are just a given on some cars that you cant change that make all the difference. You can race anytime and no one ever takes you out. You never have a DNF from a broken part or a lapper. You can race in your undies, or when you cant sleep. This is really a good program anyone that says different didnt give it any time.

There are alot of things that i didnt know about in the biging and once i ready and messed around i figured out the "lingo" they were using and it became ALOT better. I always rush into somthing and never read and that was the problem here in the begining.

There are still a few multiplayer issues that need fixed but its still the best R/C game out there so far.

I give it a 9 only because it has a few bugs still, if the multyplayer was flawless then ide say its a 10.
does that game have on road cars or just off road?
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 05:14 PM   #100
Ron
Tech Adept

if you give it time you will figure out there is both, you can also build a rally car. you can use the offroad tires on the sedan cars and resize them. You can adjust the track hight of the tracks and the 3 offroad tracks become good rally tracks.

I will agree it can help driving skills, if some on isnt good with driving an R/C car this will help them and they dont break anything. Also you cnat blow the engines, there is no wrong setting to cost you money.

Say you have a son or nephew he has decen cordination but when driving the R/C car twards him he gets the controls backwards? this is a good tool to help get use to the direction change without tearing up a $1000. setup. specialy if its a gas car that does 40 mph +, there is no danger of hitting people and you can reset over and over.

It has a setup instruction section that tells what changes do what this would take pages and pages to read and you dont get the hands on that this simm has. Then you can apply what you learn to your actual racer.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:08 PM   #101
Tech Initiate

is there a carpet track? what about an oval course?
vodo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 02:04 PM   #102
Per
Tech Initiate

No carpet track. But you can change the grip of the track.

Yes. There is a Oval track. "Asphalt Challenge - Oval".
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 01:27 AM   #103
Ron
Tech Adept

lets race? what are we waiting for? my controler is nice and broke in and im ready to rock.

Is the racer list on the E-racing web site the actual players or is that just an example? ive never herd of any of those people.

I will host a multiplayer race anytime this weekend if anyone wants to race e-mail me. ill need a time and your AIM name so we can transfer IP and data.

[email protected]

multiplayer would work if everyone had a decent speed connection. I race good with Per all the time and he lives in sweden
Old 02-23-2002, 09:17 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Need Help

Ok here's the deal, I loaded RR onto my internet machine that is running with Win ME everything is fine except that I can't run the RR controller, I've try'd alot of stuff trying to get it to work but it just won't. I have no idea what to do? Everytime I go into Joystick in control panels it says it isn't connected(and yes I have pug'd and unpluged a million times). Any idea's. Anyone else running it on ME?

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2002, 09:56 PM   #105
Ron
Tech Adept

uninstall your sound card drivers and reinstall them.

If you dont know what your doing what im about to sugest may leave you with no sound.

**READ THIS ALL THE WAY THREW FIRST**

go into device manager find your sound card click it then click remove. then click refresh, it should refind your sound card and reinstall the drivers. If you have the drivers for your sound card reinstall them.

Reinstall direct X, go to www.downloads.com and search Direct X, download the newest version and install.

Last option, repeat step 1, remove the sound card from the device manager list, turn off machine, remove sound card, reboot machine (without the sound card in) let windows load all the way. Shut down PC replace sound card and reboot.

Final option, if all else fails change the slot for the sound card the slot could have failed, pretty slim change but its still possible.

still nothing, time to buy a new sound card. I sugest a SB live value for under $50.

If your sound card is onboard (sound not in lower horizontal slots) then you may have a IRQ conflict with a new device. scanner? camera? any paralell port device? possibly a printer. If thats the case you may need to take it in to a shop.

i still dont know how to change IRQs i have an IRQ problem with one of my machines now and cant figure it out.