R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2002, 01:34 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by stevetc3
Hey all,

I'm thinking about starting an e-season for people who want to race online with others. I only have 2 people interested. Anyone else want in? If i get enough people i'll explain more about it.
I'm definitely interested, please keep us informed...

Thanks,

Trips
Old 02-06-2002, 01:44 PM   #77
Ron
Tech Adept

Ide be interested lets do it. What about the RRIW? have you guys all logged into there and submit you info so we can all get intouch? i have a few people on my buddy list who have signed in and we race about 2-3 times a month. I have a couple of pretty good offroad cars on my site now go check em out. Im turrning 13 laps now on the dirtbowl with 1/8 scale.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 02:55 PM   #78
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to stevetc3 Send a message via AIM to stevetc3 Send a message via Yahoo to stevetc3

For everyone interested in the Real Race Season,

Heres an update-
Hank off of www.teamrcv.com is also interested, so we may have somewhat of a sponser or something.

Everyone who wants to give it a go e-mail me at [email protected]

I'll keep you updated.

Steve
stevetc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:09 PM   #79
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to stevetc3 Send a message via AIM to stevetc3 Send a message via Yahoo to stevetc3

Ok,

I got a bunch of e-mails so i'll reply to them ASAP. I've been working all day figureing out how to fix the calibrating. Its shaky when i'm done calibrating it. Just started do it too.
ANyone kno whow to fix it?

Heres the website- www.geocities.com/realrace/

need to fix a few kinks in it this weekend,

later,
Steve
Old 02-10-2002, 02:05 PM   #80
Tech Rookie

Hey,

Ok, now that the site is up, we can start to sign people up. Go here http://www.geocities.com/realrace/

Please Read the Rules before Joining. If you don't, you won't know what to do.
Heres what we'll be racing
-Racing Electric TC- stock and mod (XTACY, STREET FORCE, OMEGA FORCE)
-Spec Pan Car (OMEGA FORCE)

thanks,
Steve
Old 02-11-2002, 04:13 AM   #81
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

That looks awsome I'll check it out.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 01:13 PM   #82
Tech Elite

I have read the rules but somethings not in it.

2 speeds where are they allowed and not allowed?

I hope there allowed in mod cause if there not it will be very very boring/slow on the parking lot track.

and also is it 2wd/ 4wd optional for all? i.e. can I run a 2wd pan in mod ?

Last edited by fatdoggy; 02-11-2002 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:32 PM   #83
Ron
Tech Adept

Set your steering to 100% see if that takes out some of the twitch. Ive been looking for a software program that you could possibly run in the startup and rename the controler to run threw this program first but i cant seem to find anyting. Its a combonation of manything.

1. the analog control ports and get "gritty" with use. The more use the more grit can get in and loose some of its reliability.

2. poor quality game ports, even though i have a $200. sound card the game port isnt a big focus on the support of the card. so they dont put much focus or driver support into the driver on the game ports.

I wonder if there is any INI file in the simm or in windows or even in directX that we can tweak to crank down some of the sensativity of the game port.

one thing i do know is this, the realrace controler uses 500K pots, i tried to build my own controler using a futaba controler and the pots were 5K and it was so sensative that it wasnt usable. if we could find a 800K or even a 1000K pot it might make the controler alot better. Or even a program to apply a "deadband" section to the center spot on the controler.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:43 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron
Ive been looking for a software program that you could possibly run in the startup and rename the controler to run threw this program first but i cant seem to find anyting.

I wonder if there is any INI file in the simm or in windows or even in directX that we can tweak to crank down some of the sensativity of the game port.
Surf on over to http://home.att.net/~stickworks/ and hit the "files" link, then download "ctfjv320.zip"

Read the docs, it should take care of what you're after. Lets you recenter and set the gains for all the joystick axes.

Trips
Old 02-12-2002, 07:38 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
I have read the rules but somethings not in it.

2 speeds where are they allowed and not allowed?

I hope there allowed in mod cause if there not it will be very very boring/slow on the parking lot track.

and also is it 2wd/ 4wd optional for all? i.e. can I run a 2wd pan in mod ?
????????????
Old 02-12-2002, 10:05 PM   #86
Ron
Tech Adept

how about we run spec? everyone run a spec class car. its alot easier to setup a "quick setup" car then to go full out and build one with all tyes of changes. It would be more fair for you guys i think.

Remember ive had this program for over 3 years.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:50 PM   #87
Tech Elite

I've had it for a year and I think that there should at least be one class with custom (mod) cars and no limits so you can do anything to the cars except make it nitro. Yes it should be fare with spec classes but there should also be a class with people who have had the game for a while and have customs that they want to race.
Old 02-13-2002, 01:01 PM   #88
Tech Rookie

well i updated the rules yesterday. i'm gonna revise them this weekend when i have more time.
Old 02-14-2002, 01:49 PM   #89
Ron
Tech Adept

ok its up to you ill race anything you want to race. Are we going to keep the cars to "ROAR" rules? engines? weight? all the "ROAR" type rules?

If so then ok, but a .21 in a 10th scale set to 2.0 lbs is hardly "ROAR" if you ask me
Old 02-14-2002, 02:09 PM   #90
Ron
Tech Adept

One more thing on the rules? how will the recorded races be sent? will we choose a deadline? and then all races be sent in by say the end of the week? or do we get to DL each race and race against the first sent file?

say i run a 17 lap race and send it in, will that race be posted so driver 2 can race my first run? or do we all just run the best run we can, send it in by a deadline and the host will post the winner?

will the times be posted or anything? what about like a best of 2 or best of 3 submited runs?

just a few things im not clear on yet.