R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2002, 03:49 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Anyone know how to modify the tracks? I bought RealRace a long time ago, but it got boring very quickly. There aren't many tracks, and I'm really only interested in on-road so the parking lot track is the only track I drive. I wish I could change the track or at least add cones to change it.

Ron, do you have setups for the different cars? I want to make it realistic. With the preset cars, it's not realistic at all. It doesn't feel remotely like driving real r/c cars, even with the physics at 140%.
Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #62
Ron
Tech Adept

yes i have some setups on my web site. The onlything you can do is change the track hight. If you take the dirtbowl level down to its lowest setting you have a dusty roadcorse track.

what doesnt feel real about the cars? The only car i feel drives good default is the omega. The other sedan cars have weird drving problems. A little adjustments and they arnt to bad, i took measurements of 2 sedan cars i own and put them into the simm and they drove alot better. There are other things you need to tweak here and there to get them to feel better.

Ill say this, its most relistic R/C game ive ever seen so far. It looks better than all the other R/C games and you can learn more from it then revolt or ultra racers. I think the graphics are KILLER! the lighting and shading look great. Im really glad i bought it
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 09:40 PM   #63
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hey Ron I downloaded the cars from your website a while ago and never said thanks, the cars you have are great, I really like your mugen Mbx4-RR 1/8 buggy, pro2 and the MTX2. Great work and thanks again. I would recommend everybody to check out Rons site and download his cars.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 01-21-2002 at 10:04 PM.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 11:09 PM   #64
Ron
Tech Adept

I have a few better ones for 1/8 scale, i should of used the Axis as the base car because it seems to drive better the more i mess with the settings. Most of the cars are tweaked pretty hard (VERY FAST) if you add a little weight and lower the torque % the cars become alot easier to handle. I uploaded the best cars i ever built or did the best with. some can be a little fast to handle for most.

So when are we gona have a race? anyone getting pretty good and want to compete online multiplayer? we can run default cars or run spec if you want.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:15 PM   #65
Ron
Tech Adept

I have the new cars on my site, the Tripple R is the best for the dirtbowl. Try that one first, they are all changed but the Tripple R is the best of the 5

Also i found that if you increase the video physics to 140% (this is in the resolution settings) and lower the track to 2.0 feet with the traction on max i manadged to pull 13 laps in 5 minutes with the Tripple R
Old 01-26-2002, 04:29 PM   #66
Tech Regular

I find that if I tweak the settings, I can go full throttle around the entire parking lot track. It's just weird...
Old 01-26-2002, 08:03 PM   #67
Ron
Tech Adept

well if you can go full throttle threw the first few turns of the track on the parking lot then your car is WAY to slow. how many laps do you get in 5 minutes?

The omega car is the best car for parkinglot and my setup is so fast i have to letup in the tight section of the parkinglot track.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:15 PM   #68
Tech Regular

I ran the 1/10 touring electric car. What I did was set the weight to the lowest possible, with drag the lowest, battery and motor maximized, grip maximized. I forgot how many laps, it was a long time ago.. but speed was slightly less than the omega stock, I believe.
Old 01-26-2002, 09:21 PM   #69
Ron
Tech Adept

slightly less? jeesh no wonder. so what do you feel is weird abotu that? if you setup any car like that you should be able to go full throttle around the track. I can pull about 19 laps in 5 min with a stock omega. That car is going just a little faster than walking speed.

This game is a little weak in some areas but ohers its just AWSOME i still say its the best R/C game ive ever played peroid.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:57 PM   #70
Tech Regular

My estimate may be off, it's a long time since I played the game, and I don't have it with me right now. So what should I do to make it faster? I forgot to mention, when I mean full speed around the track, I mean most of it, in the twisty turns after the straightaway in the parking lot track, I have to slow down. It's definitely not slow... at least to me. Now that I think about it, I think I was comparing the speed to a modified Omega. To give you an idea of my set up, I minimized the drivetrain friction and changed all the settings to make the car as fast as possible. I set the weight to the lowest possible, like 1.5 pounds or something. I also have a problem with the car drifting to the side on the straightaways. I've recalibrated the controller, and retrimmed, but this still happens. It makes it so the car isn't predictable.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:56 PM   #71
Ron
Tech Adept

Thats common, if you take a car thats going about 50mph and weighs 1.5 pounds heck yes its going to be unstable.

Here is the problem with the drifting, first the controler is WAY to sesitive, you can adjust this in the radio settings on each car. second the track isnt level. Let me guess it pulls to the left all the time right? well if you take the track up all the way say 3 feet you will see the dips and pits on that track. Real tracks are like this but just not as noticable. If you want you can take the track all the way down to 0.0 and then it should handle better.

ALSO you MUST up the video physics, this is what makes the game the most realistic and then the cars really improve. its set for slower machines so they can sell to a wider range of users. If you have a faster machine CRANK everything, crank the graphics to like 1024X768, set all the shades up or on detail on high an the physics on 140% then see how you like it.

Its a good Simm and ive been into R/C for 10 years, you just need to give it a little more time. Its an awsome game dude
Old 01-27-2002, 12:14 AM   #72
Tech Regular

Thanks for the information Ron. I'll try it out!
Old 02-05-2002, 01:42 PM   #73
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to stevetc3 Send a message via AIM to stevetc3 Send a message via Yahoo to stevetc3
Cool

Hey all,

I'm thinking about starting an e-season for people who want to race online with others. I only have 2 people interested. Anyone else want in? If i get enough people i'll explain more about it. I did this before too, but only 3 people were interested.

Thanks,

Steve
stevetc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 04:55 PM   #74
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

I'd give the season a go....
TigeRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 09:31 PM   #75
Tech Regular

if you'd take a road hazard, back marker racer ... i'm interested ...

Quote:
Originally posted by stevetc3
Hey all,

I'm thinking about starting an e-season for people who want to race online with others. I only have 2 people interested. Anyone else want in? If i get enough people i'll explain more about it. I did this before too, but only 3 people were interested.

Thanks,

Steve
stik is offline   Reply With Quote