R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-14-2001, 10:32 PM   #31
Tech Regular

i got my recording !!!! now it's twice the fun ...

and the rally on dirtbowl ... thanks ron! that sound like non stop rc sim ... any rally setup to share???
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 10:58 PM   #32
Ron
Tech Adept

ill work on one give me a few days. ill pretty much just raise the suspension and take the offroad pin tires and lower the size. maybe stiffen the springs a little.

anyone ready to put together a race?

say stock realrace cars on the parkinglot or roadcorse? or offroad i dont care really.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 12:14 AM   #33
Tech Regular

... with what? 27 laps in 5min? no way am i gonna race you man! ha ha ha ... you're a pro! but i'll take you're setup - i'll wait for your rally car. ok? thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron
ill work on one give me a few days. ill pretty much just raise the suspension and take the offroad pin tires and lower the size. maybe stiffen the springs a little.

anyone ready to put together a race?

say stock realrace cars on the parkinglot or roadcorse? or offroad i dont care really.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:50 AM   #34
Tech Initiate

What's your best race with stock motor on parking lot course?

I'm at 11 laps in 4:28... that's up from 8 laps when I started, but I'd like to know how much further I have to go before I'm in the same class as the rest of you guys.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 04:39 PM   #35
Ron
Tech Adept

na dude we are all in the same class. if we all run the same car (stock realrace cars) then its all just driving. im not ever sure what i can get in 5 min with a stock car. ill have to run a few races and see.

do you mean a stock car or an electric witha stock motor? ive had htis simm for over a year i know all the little tricks so if you are talking about a stock motor then i can build a car that will flat out smoke. stock realrace car its what ever you can get without hitting any walls. im thinking its liek 17 laps but not positive. its a teens number i know for sure though 13-17 i think.

ill run one and post pics
Old 10-15-2001, 05:21 PM   #36
Ron
Tech Adept

well this is 5 min with the Omega (stock omega)

Old 10-15-2001, 07:22 PM   #37
Tech Regular

... i've been enjoying street force with .21 that it's been time since i've tried other cars. i the like the axis too but the stock doesn't handle that well for me ... or maybe it's my jumping skills ... i get often get bounced upside down. i can't seem to handle the asphalt challenge very well any tips on that?

... i'll try the stock omega tonight ... keep posting
Old 10-15-2001, 08:25 PM   #38
Ron
Tech Adept

ok i got that rally done ill post it on my web site for a download. check my site later if its not up when you get to it.

if you want i can also post the 10 lap race i did on the (stock) dirtbowl track. the rally car i built works good on the stock dirbowl track or the lowered hight track. all i did to this car was increase the length of the shocks, lighter the springs, fluid and change the tires to the step pin. im not real good with setting up offroad so this car maynot be real good. i really dont run offroad so i dont know what to tweak really to make an offroad car work right. im more of an onraod racer.
Old 10-15-2001, 08:45 PM   #39
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I've try'd to build rallies before but there fine except the rear likes to skip around and that kinda sucks when trying to get around a course. Dude 29 laps in 5 mins my best is 23, man you must rock at the wheel .
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 08:47 PM   #40
Tech Initiate

Mighty impressive numbers... I've been running the Xtacy electric car with a stock motor, getting about 11 laps in 4 minutes. Getting better but nowhere near the numbers you're posting.

Ron, how do you get those screen shots?
Old 10-15-2001, 09:07 PM   #41
Ron
Tech Adept

ok well let me try that car its probobly pretty close 4 minutes is 1 minute less also that car i ran was the nitro super. i think its a little quicker.

on your keyboard in the upper right corner you have a key called print screen. when i get the cool shot i want i push that button then open paint and pate it. NOTE the pictures im posting ive edited. i usualy take the screen shot at full screen wich i run 1024X768 resolution in the game then i cut the time, laps and name out, i then shrink the picture and the paste the full size numbers and time into the shrank picture. i have all the recorded races to prove that im getting those laps so if anyone want me to upload them on my site i can. im not really that good i just know the tracks really well and i think that helps. also i have the track views set really good and i have a pretty decent machine so everything runs really smooth.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:11 PM   #42
Ron
Tech Adept

is there anyway you can e-mail me your recorded race? i would like to see how you are driving. [email protected]

i pulled 14 in 4 minutes but the last lap i dumped HAA HAA pretty funny you can dump before 5 minutes. but that is a BIG problem with every stock car in the simm they all are way up on drag. you reduce the drag of all the cars and they are ALOT better.

p.s. has anyone else noticed that this site is getting very slow? i have a cable modem and sometimes takes 5 minutes to load a page. wondering how slow it is for you dial up guys.
Old 10-16-2001, 12:11 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Nope no prob's here (dial up) it only takes a few secs.
Old 10-19-2001, 12:59 PM   #44
Tech Initiate

Wow - 14 laps... something to shoot for. I'm still brushing the wall at times, or going wide if not missing a turn completely, and I'm sure that's slowing me down. My goal is consistency.... need more practice, but it's gonna have to wait - I'm out of town for the next week. Gonna miss all the action but hope to have a lot of catching up to do when I get back. Later....
Old 10-19-2001, 10:43 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Sorry guys I had no idea it wasn't showing, it's fixed now. VVVV

Last edited by fatdoggy; 10-20-2001 at 05:49 PM.