R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2001, 10:15 PM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

ey can you guys help me I've been tyrying to time myself for agaes but have no clue how to do it. how do you?? I guess it's in the race setup but where? Thanks.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 11:08 PM   #17
Ron
Tech Adept

First you need the latest patch from the realrace site. you click racing and go to recorded race. choose a color you dont normal choose (of your car) and run a full race. then go into the recorded file and select that race then race against the race you just recorded. it is a pretty cool feature that i used to get my lap speed up. you can run multiple recorded races at ones and kinda race 2-3 of your recorded races. it can be pretty fun. you can run different cars also run like an open class but its not as fun as running a same class race full of cars.

also dont forget you can set the track condition up so the cars handle ALOT better and for god sake change the default view. this is what looses people the most from this simm is the default view. push the F4 keys and get the view up where you would normaly be if you were on the drivers stand. dont ask my why they choose that view for the default but it is horable.

Here is another site that has some useful tips and things. also he is planning a race so sign up and lets get some racing going for this winter. ill kick up some prizes and stuff if you guys wana do this.

http://w1.237.telia.com/~u23704310/

Last edited by Ron; 10-11-2001 at 11:22 PM.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 11:39 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Thanks Ron I'll go check it out now.
Old 10-12-2001, 03:13 AM   #19
Tech Regular

... i haven't tried recording ... can I do it without the patch????
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 04:00 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Nope it didn't work it still says <not racing> at the bottom left of the screen. Any idea's?
Old 10-12-2001, 10:38 AM   #21
Tech Regular

... how to race against the clock? ... press r when racing solo, press t when you turn over, press shift + x to cancel race ....

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
Nope it didn't work it still says <not racing> at the bottom left of the screen. Any idea's?
Old 10-12-2001, 11:04 AM   #22
Ron
Tech Adept

If it still wont race then you may need to go into the race properties and chang ethe time. i think the default time for a race is 4 minutes but im not sure. i do know that you MUST get the new patch to race online the stock game wont work online it had some bugs or somthing. and you also CANT record unless you have the patch.

even the slowest dial up modem runs great online racing, some how they have managed to only send the video data of the car (wich is VERY small) and this doesnt require much comunication threw the modem. i played a guy from a different country (That RealRace Per guy from europe) and it wasnt a bad race its alot like racing a recorded race in my opinion.

i think that when you start adding a track editor problems will start with online racing. but i think they should design different ones that we can DL or run the tracks backwards or somthing.

i would still say this is the best R/C racing simm ive seen so far. if you have a geforce video card you can CRANK the resolution and then the video really looks good.

check this out.

Last edited by Ron; 10-12-2001 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:23 PM   #23
Tech Regular

how to record ???? i can't find the record option? i have the patch installed and still no record option ... help ...
Old 10-12-2001, 08:47 PM   #24
Tech Elite

I've got the patch. Or well dosn't matter.
Old 10-13-2001, 01:04 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by stik
... how to race against the clock? ... press r when racing solo, press t when you turn over, press shift + x to cancel race ....

Thanks Ron and Stik it's working. Sorry for the slow info transfer on my end, (I'm just not that quick ). Awsome lots of fun. Cheers and thanks again. Have you guys tryed FWD it's pretty cool.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 10-13-2001 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2001, 07:30 AM   #26
Tech Initiate

The more I use this simulator, the better I like it. Anyone have tips on setups that work well with Xtacy and parking lot track?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 01:11 PM   #27
Ron
Tech Adept

if you go to my web page and read the "how to make a fast car" you can really have some fun. i found that after i found a view that i like it makes the Simm alot better.

my favorite is the parkinglot track and the Omega based car. for some reason that car is the best handeling car on the whole simm (and the only real car duratrax didnt build) HAA HAA

I need some better offroad setups i cant seem to build a decent offroad car that handles worth a damn.

i heard a roomer on another forum that Knifedge was building a realrace 2. cant wait to see that.
Old 10-13-2001, 01:48 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Cool a real racer 2 I'd buy it as long as it has some different cars and some more tracks. I agree the omega car and the parking lot track are the best but I like my omega electric Rwd with a 2 speed and in 5 minute races so you have to pit twice. FUN
Old 10-13-2001, 04:30 PM   #29
Ron
Tech Adept

you can get really funky with the setups. try putting the wheelbase at max. or put larger tires on the car. rembmer the larger the tire the less rotations it needs to turn and the faster it goes.

what about changing the weight to near 1 pound? wana talk about sharp steering?

here is a cool one i read. go into the track paramiters and lower the dirtbowl down to the minimum high. you have a road corse dirt track a little loose but DO I SMELL RALLY?!!!
Old 10-13-2001, 09:38 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Ok sorry about this your not talking to the smartest guy alive but how do you get to the track peramiters?