Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
[Street Jam F1] Regarding the steering uptight. >

[Street Jam F1] Regarding the steering uptight.

[Street Jam F1] Regarding the steering uptight.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default [Street Jam F1] Regarding the steering uptight.

One of the most recent test runs of my SJF01 chassis ended with a significant crash that tore apart a steering uptight to the right of the car where a pivot ball is supposed to be inserted (see attached). For this I contacted a local shop that sells spare part for SJF01, but the steering uptight parts appear to be out of stock. I don't use money online, so it left me with little idea on what to do.

With no part to replace, I tried fixing the spot temporary with tape and went on another run. However, a slight bump to the barrier caused the whole front right tire and uptight to jump out of the pivot. No parts were lost, but admitly if I continued running the car at the cerrent state, I might have damaged the car even more.

My question is whether or not it is possible to replace the steering uptights with the same equivalent from other blands, such as Serpent or Yokomo. While the sizes and shapes are obviously different, the uptights are the saperated parts of the car's fronts, and therefore I'm curious if it's possible to go for an alternative in case the store won't be restocking anytime soon.

Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails [Street Jam F1] Regarding the steering uptight.-01-damaged-front.jpg  
Old 05-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Only direct replacement is the speedpassion standard or carbon arms. The carbon arms are a little stronger.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rumor has it that the CRC WTF1 steering upright will fit. You need the upright, axle, and imperial nuts to get it to work. See the CRC manual on Petrirc for more info.

Unfortunately, CRC stuff might be even more difficult to find than the Speed Passion.