Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Updating to current model RC car >

Updating to current model RC car

Updating to current model RC car

Old 04-30-2015, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Updating to current model RC car

I currently run a T4 14 and I enjoy it a lot, but its been with my for over a year now since I first started racing. Its gotten to the point where I feel like I need to replace bits and pieces in the car due to crashes and/or general maintenance (chassis a little tweaked, diff leaks a little, etc). Also I bought the car second hand as I had just started getting into racing.

Now I am looking to get a new car, but I would like to know whether 2016 cars will start coming out soon? The T4 '15 and BD7 '15 both came out in September, and I wonder if the same will happen this year?

I dont want to buy a brand new car only for a new model to come out a few months later, so I am willing to hold onto my T4 14 if it means a new one comes out in a few months time.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:07 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

X-ray is pretty good about releasing their latest touring car around October. You can count on it. Yokomo has been somewhat consistent too in annual releases now too.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would hold on to the '14 until the '16 comes out, the '14 is still as capable as the '15.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

TC6 is like a downgrade.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Most "competition-oriented" brands like TRF, Xray, Yokie release cars on a yearly basis. Because they know we are suckers and we fall for it every time

The good news is, once you get over it, 99.9% of us can still be just as competitive with a car from 2 or 3 years ago. But as you found out, maintenance matters a lot and to some extent, by buying the "car of the year" version, you are mostly getting a performance jolt behind the "new car" effect, rather than the "imroved tech" one

Do as your wallet allows!

(and yes TC6 is a downgrade)
Old 04-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Maybe try to for sale section.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zhangesh View Post
I currently run a T4 14 and I enjoy it a lot, but its been with my for over a year now since I first started racing. Its gotten to the point where I feel like I need to replace bits and pieces in the car due to crashes and/or general maintenance (chassis a little tweaked, diff leaks a little, etc). Also I bought the car second hand as I had just started getting into racing.
Cars need ongoing maintenance if you maintain the car well you can use them for year and it wont be off the pace.

IMO you should stick with your current car detweak the chassi and replace the diff seals along with anything else that needs replacing ie shock seals.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Team Magic E4RS III

Awesome car for the money.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

I have a T4 '14, I've beaten newer cars, I've had my ass handed to me by much older cars.
You'll gain more by crashing less and regular maintenance than you will by "upgrading" cars yearly.