Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed Passion SP-1 - 190mm track width (Ride tyres) >

Speed Passion SP-1 - 190mm track width (Ride tyres)

Speed Passion SP-1 - 190mm track width (Ride tyres)

Old 04-29-2015, 01:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Speed Passion SP-1 - 190mm track width (Ride tyres)

ting: 0

Hi all,
I have a brand new tresrey kit and plan to compete in the Formula class at ETS in Luxembourg. The problem I am having is achieving 190mm front track width with the new ride tyres.
The main issue is with the caster moulding, will the upgrade / option aluminium version solve this problem?

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get around it?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lee150978 View Post
ting: 0

Hi all,
I have a brand new tresrey kit and plan to compete in the Formula class at ETS in Luxembourg. The problem I am having is achieving 190mm front track width with the new ride tyres.
The main issue is with the caster moulding, will the upgrade / option aluminium version solve this problem?

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get around it?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
You DO NOT need any option in order to get the front track width to within 190mm...you just need to use the most inner mounting point (check your manual carefully) and you should get to 188 189mm or exactly 190mm with Ride Tires.

One of the problem is RIDE wheel are using wide offset (very well known of this wheel)....when we are using Pit or Tamiya style wheel, the track width are always within the 190mm....

Last year Thomas Plumper is using our SP1 with Ride wheel racing at ETS without any problem.....not unless this year RIDE tires are even wider then it should be.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried the inner most setting but the plastic caster plate mounting holes are then too wide to match up with the wishbone mounts.

I wasn't sure if I needed to re-drill the caster plate or purchase the aluminium option part as this has additional holes.

I will FB message Thomas Pumpler and ask his advice.

Thanks
Darren
Old 04-30-2015, 01:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

I cant find any way of contacting Thomas about how he achieved the correct track width.

Can anyone else help please?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2015, 02:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lee150978 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried the inner most setting but the plastic caster plate mounting holes are then too wide to match up with the wishbone mounts.

I wasn't sure if I needed to re-drill the caster plate or purchase the aluminium option part as this has additional holes.

I will FB message Thomas Pumpler and ask his advice.

Thanks
Darren
Either re-drill the caster plate or get the aluminum plate that has both holes already drilled.