Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
double joint universals for tc5 >

double joint universals for tc5

double joint universals for tc5

Old 04-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Default double joint universals for tc5

I want to fit some of these on my tc5. Do they exist? Will a set for the tc6 series work? Thanks
Old 04-23-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If I remember correctly, someone posted in the TC5 thread about using HB ones including pn's and instructions. See if you can find that.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Getting the HB ones might be a bit hard to do, and the size of the ball on the bone is still not quite right.

You might be able to fit Our RSD DCJs or AE DCVs if you replace the steering knuckle with a 6.1 one. Then, you could use a 5x10x4 bearing on the outside and a 5x10x3 on the inside of the hub.

You still will need to open up the hole of the caster block to around 11mm to get it to not rub (this did not seem to reduce durability when we did it back in the day). The steering hub still might need a little trimming/sanding to get proper steering angles, but it should work.

If you wanted an easier route, which is slightly more pricey, you could replace the arms/caster blocks/ steering blocks to the TC6.1 and it would be a drop fit.

Also, if you need further help, PM me, I can get all the parts and DCJs together for you at our shop.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post

If you wanted an easier route, which is slightly more pricey, you could replace the arms/caster blocks/ steering blocks to the TC6.1 and it would be a drop fit.

Also, if you need further help, PM me, I can get all the parts and DCJs together for you at our shop.
That right there sounds like the way to go to me. Take him up on it.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for all the great tips!!!