Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

ABC Gambado/Grid

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 12:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Drachenschorsch
You can try to superglue the side walls of the tires, this should reduce traction rolling.

By the way: does anyone have a good setup for medium grip carpet?
I will try the superglue tanks !!!
Old 12-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW)
What color springs are you using?

My local asphalt track was just re-paved, and the tracktion has gone up quite a bit. My car rolls over all the time at corners. But when I changed to white springs in front, it doesn't roll over as much.

You can also try the optional roll bars too.
the springs are of origin .

I do not know The optional roll bars is new?
where can I find?
Old 12-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aolink
the springs are of origin .

I do not know The optional roll bars is new?
where can I find?
ABC HOBBY.com
Here are the distributors and see if there is one that is local to you...
I got mine @ RCMxRT
Old 12-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by otaku521
ABC HOBBY.com
Here are the distributors and see if there is one that is local to you...
I got mine @ RCMxRT
Is that’s?
http://www.rcmart.com/hobby-25862-stabilizer-gambado-naked-2017-antiroll-p-74945.html?cPath=595_1124_1666
Old 12-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Yep.. thats the roll bar kit! BTW you need to get 2 sets as 1 set is for either front or rear.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just bought the Gambado kit for a new small track that just opened up and getting it ready for a weekly gathering next week. Since this will be going on a small track, I think this Tamiya Brushless ESC with 17.5T on blinking would be plenty enough for it.

Since the car is completely new to me and have no prior experience with this kit, I noticed a few things and have a few questions about it.
  1. The chassis doesnt seem like its meant for brushless motors. Im running 17.5T on the car and it doesnt seem like the motor would fit in the car without the solder post touching the metal brace. I had to shim the motor out 1.5mm in order to get the clearance I need.
  2. Do I need to grease the gearbox gears or should I leave them dry?
  3. How do you reduce ride height with this car? It was recommended I use blue front springs and red rear springs for the track Im running on, but the red spring made the rear end of the car really jacked up and I cant seem to get any droop from it. Right now its sitting at 8mm+ in the rear. The only thing I can think of is add shims under the "shock tower" to lessen the pre-load
  4. Is there a way to get more damping from the stock yellow friction dampers? Im already using 200K oil in the dampers and still couldnt get the car to damp enough and the car is still pretty bouncy. I have the optional damper on order but wouldnt get here in time.
  5. What are some MUST HAVE upgrades? I already upgraded the front and rear steering and toe links with turnbuckles, I really want to upgrade the steering crankarms to metal.

Last edited by disaster999; 02-25-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

These are the must haves...and unfortunately they're out of stock everywhere. The stock gears dont last very long....
As for height adjustment, it's not easy. You have to space the upper mounting plate somehow to lower the car. And the stock friction dampers? Tough luck on those, you cant improve them easily.
Attached Thumbnails ABC Gambado/Grid-screenshot014.jpg   ABC Gambado/Grid-screenshot015.jpg  
disaster999 likes this.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Reviving a dead post but I just got one of these cute little buggers for a two-hour endurance race this weekend.

Please excuse the messy table... My wife needed my usual RC table for her projects so I'm left with her small office table instead.

Nerobro, Ted Su(TW) and otaku521 like this.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

Wow.. what store is that? lots of ABC parts in the back...

I still run my ABC gambado... it is still a fun car to drive...

1) Ball Diff seems to be better as the gear diff is giving me issues (car drives shifts left due to gear of the gears inside... )
2) there seems to be a 225 version in japan... but cannot be found elsewhere... (so I custom my own instead)
3) parts seems to be very hard to come by now... even rc mart is not stocking... anywhere else nowadays? pls share...