Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
having issues measuring up! >

having issues measuring up!

having issues measuring up!

Old 04-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default having issues measuring up!

hello i am trying to measure up my first gen rs4 for vta racing and i am kinda having issues i may be over thinking thinks so please help! with 6mm offset wheels i am right at 190mm and i need to fit this body for vta: https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/17531?show_disc=false which is 200mm all around now for the rear i have found these wheels and if i measured up right they should bring me to roughly to 200mm: https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/3810 now the front is where the issues are! hpi only offers 26mm wheels in 0mm offset which will narrow the front of the car! by 12mm total but they only offer 2mm total i return so i lost 10mm am i missing or overthinking something? any help would be enjoyed
Old 04-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thatguyyouknow View Post
hello i am trying to measure up my first gen rs4 for vta racing and i am kinda having issues i may be over thinking thinks so please help! with 6mm offset wheels i am right at 190mm and i need to fit this body for vta: https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/17531?show_disc=false which is 200mm all around now for the rear i have found these wheels and if i measured up right they should bring me to roughly to 200mm: https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/3810 now the front is where the issues are! hpi only offers 26mm wheels in 0mm offset which will narrow the front of the car! by 12mm total but they only offer 2mm total i return so i lost 10mm am i missing or overthinking something? any help would be enjoyed
How many millimeters is your wheel adapters?
Old 04-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Tech Champion

On the text:

It fits 200mm touring cars and can also be used on 190mm touring cars with the use of wide offset wheels.
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/3298
Old 04-13-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thatguyyouknow View Post
You need the front to be narrower to allow the front wheels to turn L/R without hitting the fenders. You'll most likely run into more problems fitting those rear tires under the fenders without tire rubbing issues...
Old 04-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC Passion View Post
How many millimeters is your wheel adapters?
3mm
Old 04-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
You need the front to be narrower to allow the front wheels to turn L/R without hitting the fenders. You'll most likely run into more problems fitting those rear tires under the fenders without tire rubbing issues...
so i am going to need narrower offset rear wheels but still i am loosing 4mm in the front i think i would atleast want to be at 190mm
Old 04-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Go to 5mm wheel adapters then it would still be safe to use 1mm wheel washers getting u an additional 6mm.

Last edited by RC Passion; 04-13-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC Passion View Post
Got to 5mm wheel adapters then it would still be safe to use 1mm wheel washers getting u an additional 6mm.
thanks well that solves the front i will math out the rear my self and report back with what i got so i can make shure i am right
Old 04-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

wait how do the rear wheels i selected not measure up? that makes the rear of the car 195mm or did i mess up?
Old 04-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Are you looking to set up a VTA car to run as per the USVTA rules, or simply looking to use a '69 Camaro body on a touring car chassis? If you're planning to race VTA with a club that follows the USVTA rules, you have to use the 0 offset wheels in the front. If you're building a car with Vintage looks but not holding yourself to the established rule set, some of the USGT-style wheels made by HPI might fill the wheelwells, but use different tires/inserts and won't be USVTA legal...

Unless your car has been modified in such a way that really narrows the track width, using the prescribed VTA-specific front/rear rims and tires will fill the wheel wells properly.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
Are you looking to set up a VTA car to run as per the USVTA rules, or simply looking to use a '69 Camaro body on a touring car chassis? If you're planning to race VTA with a club that follows the USVTA rules, you have to use the 0 offset wheels in the front. If you're building a car with Vintage looks but not holding yourself to the established rule set, some of the USGT-style wheels made by HPI might fill the wheelwells, but use different tires/inserts and won't be USVTA legal...

Unless your car has been modified in such a way that really narrows the track width, using the prescribed VTA-specific front/rear rims and tires will fill the wheel wells properly.
i was going by usvta rules so i will just buy the rear wheels that are proper offset and faff with the front once i get the wheels i dont have much of an option