Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
new to rc, getting a tamiya ta05 vdf >

new to rc, getting a tamiya ta05 vdf

new to rc, getting a tamiya ta05 vdf

Old 04-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new to rc, getting a tamiya ta05 vdf

Hi guys im new to the rc world but I've been wanting one for a while now and have decided to get a tamiya ta05 vdf kit because i like building my own things but i don't know what i need to get after i build the chassis to get the car running, so if anyone could give me list of things i need to complete the car that will be very helpful, any help would be great thank you
Old 04-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The TA05 VDF is a drifting chassis. If that's what you want to do, then it's not a bad choice. If you want to race on tracks, maybe consider a TT-02 Type-S or a regular TA05 or TA06 instead.

After the chassis, you'll need a radio, steering servo, speed control (also called an ESC), motor, batteries, charger, and probably a body (and paint for it). Your local hobby shop should help you get going, or you can order stuff from one of the many online shops.

Here's a good website to look at for reviews and information: http://www.thercracer.com
There is a build-up of a racing TT-02 which is a great starting point for beginners.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes I'm looking for a drifting car. Thanks for the help, but do i need other things likes heat sinks and smaller electrical stuffs? That's where I'm really stuck is the small things