Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
help with a slash >

help with a slash

help with a slash

Old 03-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default help with a slash

So don't pick on me too hard. But I scooped up a slash 2wd a while backand finally got around to pouring a brushless setup in it.after putting 4 or 5 packs on it I decided I don't like 2wd sct so much.can any one give me some ideas for it. It's ran on concrete and pavement. Mostly asphalt tho. I don't even want it to resemble a sct. A slammed truck maybe or something. Any advice is appreciated. Some nice Hella wide street tires. That sort.

Last edited by flou; 11-21-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Try post in the offroad section instead.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like you want a street truck, which is actually a touring car.

My suggestion: Sell the Slash.

Get this:

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/17500
Old 03-29-2015, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

You could "club" race this IF the track has a "doesn't fit any other class, class".

I race a RC10GT and RC10GT2 in "Autocross" and "Jato" class at two of the tracks I race at.

Autocross is asphalt parking lot on road and Jato is sealed asphalt oval.

A Slash isn't the best option. BUT IF I remember right JConcepts has/had a on road body/wheels thing for the 4wd Slash.

jconcepts.net

Scalpel >> https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/illuz...speed-run-body
Old 03-29-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
Try post in the offroad section instead.
Am I trying to build an off road no. So if you have no input keep your mouth closed and scroll along
Old 03-29-2015, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

I like how a guy comes to on road for on road advice and yall would rather send him away. I see why more and more people are leaving rctech.the on road section is not for racing alone. It's for on road.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Rookie

You could put the LCG chassis on it and convert it to 17mm hex which would widen your stance some. Im almost positive proline makes wider a arms that will widen the stance. Use shorter, stiffer shocks. I would probably put the XO 1 tires and wheels on it and let her rip. Hella 2wd street car.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BAMAFAN View Post
You could put the LCG chassis on it and convert it to 17mm hex which would widen your stance some. Im almost positive proline makes wider a arms that will widen the stance. Use shorter, stiffer shocks. I would probably put the XO 1 tires and wheels on it and let her rip. Hella 2wd street car.
I like where ya going!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Rookie

I would ditch the body and goofy bumpers too and buy like a car body and custom fit it. Maybe a Camaro or mustang body etc. You would have a drift car too with different tires. Also which is a must add sway bars. That's the first upgrade I did to my 4x4 slash.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by flou View Post
Am I trying to build an off road no. So if you have no input keep your mouth closed and scroll along
Relax.....
Old 03-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Put Slash Protrac arms or rustler rear arms all around. Then get some 2.2 wheels, like Hpi scorch or Traxxas 8 Hole Rustler wheels, and some 2.2 Tires, like Road Rages, Road Hawgs or Speed Hawgs. Lower it by using outer mount holes on the arms.

For a body you could try one of Parma's Muscle bodies or either of the JConcept Scalpel bodies.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Just convert it to a gt8 car
Old 03-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

A sct is pretty slammed already. The scalpel conversion is pretty cool. Used to be a class around here but haven't seen much lately.

Your other option is to convert it into a rustler or bandit. Honestly though if you don't like it just sell it to fund something you would like.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2uzferunner03 View Post
A sct is pretty slammed already. The scalpel conversion is pretty cool. Used to be a class around here but haven't seen much lately.

Your other option is to convert it into a rustler or bandit. Honestly though if you don't like it just sell it to fund something you would like.
for some reason not to many people interested in the 2wd.I scored the roller to help a good friend. The guy the actually traded me into my first real rc.my 4 pede. Anyway I dumped a chunk of change in motor esc.I drove it for 4 packs and had to rotate tires after the first 2 packs. Turned it up a Lil bit and ran 2 more packs.tires are bald and I noticed it got a bit more fun. I seem to like driving it on road. Because if its not a track.. off road is out off the questionfor a slash.and I don't race so to speak. and I would prefer to build a collection not sell. So here I am.actually taking notes from above comments it was fun sliding around. I won't call it drifting. I'm not in to much control. So I thought some on road guys may have done seen tried what I thiNk I have in mind. I have little real rc experience. And 0 on road. I have monster trucks. And really I know 4x4 slash because of my 4 pede. But I have alot of good info now. Thanks a bunch.