Orion R10 ESC

Old 03-25-2015, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Orion R10 ESC

Hi all
Have been using the Orion R10 pro for 2 yrs now in mod and Blinky 13.5
I love the smoothness of these and I am now looking to purchase another.
Was thinking of updating to the R10.1 pro as I have heard they are even better, mind you they are pretty expensive
My question is, are there other Speedys out there with the same smoothness or better at a comparable price or better?
Not looking to start a war of words here, just looking for some helpful information
Thanks
Old 03-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've had both orions and couldn't tell the difference between them. They are smooth, but don't have great brakes.

The Lrp's aren't that smooth, but have awesome brakes.

I've just tried a orca vxx and thought it was the best. Very smooth and good brakes.

But, you will need another program card with the orca which starts to add up in cost.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Put a 4 cap board from either orca or speed passion to improve the brakes on the Orion. I was swayed to Hobbywing 12 months ago but will be switching back to the Orion before the next big event in June. Best speedies hands down!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In my opinion Orion R10 Pro's have very good brakes. At least compared to SP Reventon series and Muchmore Fleta series esc's.
Haven't tried LRP or ORCA.

The Orion is a good choice also because it is 1) small and quite light 2) works without sensors if those breakdown (LRP and Muchmore doesn't) 3) good quality made by HW
Orion R10 Pro esc BCB has HW2.5 printed on it...
Old 03-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Maybe a dumb question but does anyone know if I can run a brushed motor with the r10? I have an extra one and want to install it in a crawler.
Thanks. Please pm if you have an answer.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Will a 4 cap board make that much of a difference! Will have to try that
Brakes haven't been a problem in mod and I have found depending on motor in 13.5 Blinky that they have been alright. The D3.5 was really good with brakes but the Orion VST2 was a little softer.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

I have both ESC's, the R10 and the R10.1. I use it only for mod. I can tell you I can't feel any difference between the two and laptimes are the same.

Now I have been testing my new LRP Flow Works speedo and I must say it is the definition of smoothness...very impressive.

Both brands will offer you performance and quick laptimes. If you're on a budget, stay with the Orion. If you feel you want to try something new, try the LRP motor and ESC combo..