Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree196Likes

Roche Rapide P12 1/12 Competition Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

On an unrelated note, I edited the fillable PDF setup sheet to calculate FR and Rollout if anyone wants it. Just let me know.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

I am thoroughly impressed with the Roche. In it's first ever outing, with a healthy "compromise" setup (because I don't yet have all the correct spacers/shims I need to run this car) it was as fast as my dialed in CRC, and had better manners through the course of the entire race.

I managed to qualify 2nd to a "pro" running a 7.5T motor and ended up 3rd, less than a lap from 2nd and only 2.5 laps down to the pro with the 7.5T.

I was also running a TrakPower 13.5T which is straight out of the box - no timing adjustments or anything. It feels flat compared to the D3.5 in my CRC. The 2nd place car definitely had more power than I did (and he is probably a better driver as well).

With a little tweaking of the setup this car should be pretty fast.

Mike - do you have any interest in my setup sheets for the website?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Sure... Pass it along. Pm me
Old 06-18-2015, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Can one of you guys who is more familiar with the new Japanese foam tell me where the following compounds fall in the range? I know they are different compositions so there is more to it than just durometer but I'd like a rough idea of where they fall before I run them.

Double Blue
Blue
Green

Currently I am running Grey and Greylow which work reasonably well but I have a couple sets of dbl blue fronts and a set of blue and green rears coming. Just trying to size them up. I ASSUME double blue is harder than blue which is harder than green and all in the same rough range as grey and yellow?
Old 06-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
Can one of you guys who is more familiar with the new Japanese foam tell me where the following compounds fall in the range? I know they are different compositions so there is more to it than just durometer but I'd like a rough idea of where they fall before I run them.

Double Blue
Blue
Green

Currently I am running Grey and Greylow which work reasonably well but I have a couple sets of dbl blue fronts and a set of blue and green rears coming. Just trying to size them up. I ASSUME double blue is harder than blue which is harder than green and all in the same rough range as grey and yellow?
if they are JFT
Dbl blue ~40
Blue~35
Green~30
Old 06-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

ordered mine from Apex RC Monday tracking says should be here today. Cant wait to build it and try it out.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jorge T
if they are JFT
Dbl blue ~40
Blue~35
Green~30
They are CRC (BSR).
Old 06-18-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

I have run CRC Double Blue, Blu and Greene and can't tell a difference (other than wheel size/offsets) between CRC Blu/Greene and JFT blue 35 and green 30. Have not tried the JFT Dark(dbl) blue 40
I did hear BSR Blue and Green are different that CRC Blu/ Greene. Not sure if this is correct though.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have run CRC Double Blue, Blu and Greene and can't tell a difference (other than wheel size/offsets) between CRC Blu/Greene and JFT blue 35 and green 30. Have not tried the JFT Dark(dbl) blue 40
I did hear BSR Blue and Green are different that CRC Blu/ Greene. Not sure if this is correct though.
I've heard the opposite. I heard that BSR makes them for CRC, so they are the same thing. So who knows?

I'm trying some JFT on my car next race day. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I've heard the opposite. I heard that BSR makes them for CRC, so they are the same thing. So who knows?

I'm trying some JFT on my car next race day. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
BSR makes all of CRCs tires, CRC Blue and Green will be the same as BSR Blu/Greene. There are some other slight variants out there of the BSR versions but if you get the standard ones you will be getting the same foam that is used on CRC tires.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jft is different than BSR/jaco/pro one/crc.

The Jft tires have a closer pore structure and generate more bite, however the shore hardness are "supposed to be" the same. Jft tire also have longer tire life than the bsr derived tire brands. This does not mean they are faster, but they do drive differently.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone have an accurate and up-to-date chart for BSR foams? It seems like BSR/CRC/etc stopped updating their charts 10 years ago and they offer a lot of foam that isn't even listed.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Does anyone have an accurate and up-to-date chart for BSR foams? It seems like BSR/CRC/etc stopped updating their charts 10 years ago and they offer a lot of foam that isn't even listed.
+1

JFT do wear less compared to other brands plus the new JFT rear wheel design make the car feel more planted.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

BSR Tires
Attached Thumbnails Roche Rapide P12 1/12 Competition Car Kit-1-12-tires-1.gif  
Old 06-19-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

That doesn't tell me shore/hardness/etc. which is what I am after. I don't even think the list is in order of hardness...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.