Wiki Posts
Search

TC Spring lengths

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TC Spring lengths

Running a Associated TC6.2 with standard springs, the only issue I have is I can't adjust the ride height any lower than 5.5mm. The spring adjusters are all the way up against the shock body ring at the rear end of the car.

My questions are:

Can I use a shorter (than 25mm) spring?.... and who makes a popular brand and spring weight at or near 14 in. lbs? Is there a negative side to running a shorter spring?

I've seen 23mm Serpent brand springs out there but don't know much about that brand.....any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 03-18-2015, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Just cut the shock rod ends down a bit, or use some shorter ones
Old 03-19-2015, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Cutting the shock rod ends down if the spring collar is wound all the way up won't effect the ride height. Question is what springs are you currently using? The AE springs should be short enough to achieve a proper ride height. Also depends on the wheels/tyres you are using as these do vary in O/D.

Xray also do some short springs from the T4 (be mindful that Xray springs come in linear and progressive versions so make sure you get what you need) and the Serpent springs are 23mm. I use both and all you need to do is wind the shock collars down more than you usually would to achieve the right shock length and resulting ride height. Serpent Grays and Blacks are probably all you'd need to be honest.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Seems very odd. The 6.2 has standard size shocks from memory, so all normal TC springs should work....

Can you photo your setup?
Old 03-19-2015, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Cutting the shock rod ends down if the spring collar is wound all the way up won't effect the ride height.
I should clarify; I mean the plastic rod-ends (that are screwed onto the shock shafts) should be cut down, as they are very long on the 6.2 and give too much ride-height.

The shock shafts themselves don't need to be cut. That won't help ride-height.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry about my late return to this thread.

Currently running RSD dark blue (front) and light blue springs (rear) that look to be a hair taller than the stock tc6.2 springs. With the tc6 springs I could see daylight between the adjusting collar and the end stop collar. The rears are currently maxed out, the fronts I have about 1/8-3/16ths inches of daylight between the collar and the stop.

Current ride height is just under 6mm.

Also, I'm not using the stock spring perches, using the Exotec (I think that's the name) aluminum perches. Will cutting the rod ends affect the clearance of the lower A-arm?

Saw a local with shorter springs where he had a lot of space between the collar and the stop. Seems to me that additional adjustment would be nice to have if tires vary in height.

Last edited by OttoKrosse; 03-23-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

If those exotek spring perches aren't the same as stock they will definitely raise your ride height.