Like Tree12Likes

Kyosho 1/10 TF-7

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Kyosho 1/10 TF-7 4WD Kit EP 1/10

30026B KYOSHO TF7 4WD KIT EP 1/10

High-end electric touring car embodies the latest in design engineering with a focus on optimal roll balance and mechanical grip.

The new TF7 represents a full model change from the existing TF6 SP, with nearly every critical component redesigned to withstand the intensity of modern high-powered electric touring car competition. The redesign has given particular focus to optimizing roll balance and mechanical grip. Under the severe stress of cornering at full brake from a 100km/h straight run, the high-end electric touring cars of today that can manage this previously impossible situation better than others by working both sides of the machine in unison for optimal roll characteristics and improved control stability, produce the ultimate result: faster times. To realize this the TF7 has symmetrically arranged screws for each part fixed directly to the main chassis such as the bulkhead and motor mount. In addition, the battery and steering servo that were fixed directly onto the main chassis of the TF6 SP have been changed to floating mounts on the TF7 to minimize their effect on chassis roll. Mechanical grip is increased by changing the thickness and shape of the main chassis together with a one-piece upper plate. Under competitive race conditions with controlled tires and power, the TF7 delivers a dominant racing edge.

Symmetrical arrangement of bulkhead and motor mount screws realizes uniform left/right chassis roll.

# 2-belt drive 4WD chassis has been completely redesigned to be at the leading edge of competitive racing.
# Equipped with double joint universal swing shafts that maximize effectiveness with front spool.
# 2nd gear ratio of 1.83:1 on the TF6 has been changed to 1.90:1 on the TF7 for improved throttle response.
# Larger pulley extends life cycle of the drive belt.
# Aluminum one-piece motor mount compatible with high power minimizes gear trouble during racing.
# Adjustable battery stopper allows various battery sizes to be installed.
# Standardized front/rear bulkheads optimize chassis balance as well as improve spare parts efficiency.
# Stabilizer is compatible with the Ultima and Lazer electric off road models.

Chassis Technical Data
# Length 368mm
# Width 186mm
# Wheelbase 255-260mm
# Tread (F/R) 162mm/161mm
# Tire(F/R) sold separately
# Gear Ratio 1.90:1 (2nd)
# Weight 1,350g (approx.)
# Motor 540 size (sold separately)

Required for operation

# 2-3 channel, 1-servo R/C System
# 540 size motor
# ESC
# Body
# Tires
# Inserts
# Wheels
# Instant glue
# Pinion gears
# Fiberglass tape
# Battery for chassis
# Battery charger
# Batteries for transmitter

Setups/Tips

Kyosho TF7 Setup Sheets - PetitRC

+ https://youtu.be/QMJ7AoJt5n0" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/QMJ7AoJt5n0"> https://youtu.be/QMJ7AoJt5n0" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

-------

Factory Kyosho Driver Christopher Krapp

Chassis: Kyosho prototype
Motor: Team Orion 4.5-turn Lightweight
Battery: Team Orion Carbon Pro 7200mAh
ESC: Team Orion R10.1
Radio: Sanwa M12
Servo: Sanwa SRG-BLS
Body: PROTOform LTC-R
Notes: According to Christopher, the aluminum pieces on the car are pretty much ready for production. The plastic parts, however, are still rough prototypes and may not necessarily reflect what's going to be sold - especially the suspension arms.

Christopher said that one of the biggest differences are the new bulkheads, which are considerably more sturdy - and that helps to keep the car more stable and carry substantially more corner speed when accelerating with high-powered brushless systems.

Without a cross brace, the front end of the top braces flexes more for greater stability. The dual-bellcrank steering system with carbon fiber brace is new, and gives the car smoother steering response.

Shorter shock towers are bolted at both ends, and the shocks have been shortened as well.

A floating servo mount is used to isolate chassis flex.

Like a floating servo mount, the new floating battery mount on the Kyosho car removes the battery from the chassis so that it doesn't disrupt any flexing or twisting of the chassis. The mount can be detached from the car with the battery still taped in place.

The chassis design and its cutouts are new, altering its flex characteristics. A new one-piece motor mount (similar to the unit found on the Yokomo car) is used, and mounted further forward than the previous Kyosho car.

Last edited by Drift_Buggy; 04-08-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

I hope they bring it to North America
Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zaraz
I hope so, or I will have to go with TRF or T.D
Old 03-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
Coming from a very reliable source, I was informed it will likely happen. I will be running one for sure along one with a fellow driver who is sponsored by Kyosho. Just no ETA or pricing yet. Was told it is still in prototyping/testing when I inquired in December. Mabye Kyosho America can be directed to this page to show there is strong interest for this chassis. I hope it comes soon because the milky blue is getting tempting again....
Old 03-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

I hope so. I'm in no great hurry at the moment but will put off buying another kit if I know this will happen.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm not really a tc fan but I would buy this car the red anodizing is beautiful.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
I'm not really a tc fan but I would buy this car the red anodizing is beautiful.
Yeah, was a fan of the Tamiya TB Evo III Surikarn Limited due to the red anodizing.
Surprised no tc companies are running green anodizing.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Yeah, was a fan of the Tamiya TB Evo III Surikarn Limited due to the red anodizing.
As a matter of fact there is. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...g-car-kit.html
Old 03-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Old CEFX stuff and HoBao.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:58 AM
LKF
Tech Apprentice

i was talking to another german guy (it was not christopher krapp)at lrp tcm in january, who is an owner of a tf 7 prototype.
he was in good shape and fighting sometimes with andy moore in the b-main modified.

they are still testing for final version - some different parts with small changes etc. .
release date and price is unknown yet.

here are some pictures (link 1 & link 2) from this race.
the white-green-orange body with the big kyosho sticker on the side is the tf 7 proto.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LKF
i was talking to another german guy (it was not christopher krapp)at lrp tcm in january, who is an owner of a tf 7 prototype.
he was in good shape and fighting sometimes with andy moore in the b-main modified.

they are still testing for final version - some different parts with small changes etc. .
release date and price is unknown yet.

here are some pictures (link 1 & link 2) from this race.
the white-green-orange body with the big kyosho sticker on the side is the tf 7 proto.
Thanks for the details.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i know this is technically the thread but the tf5 thread seems dead...would anybody know how many teeth the tf5 diff gear has ?
Old 08-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

An update on the TF7

http://www.redrc.net/2015/08/kyosho-...r/#more-100161
Old 08-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ooooh very very interested....
Old 08-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default TF-7

Anybody think it will break $600

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.