Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17.5 blinky ESC??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 17.5 blinky ESC??

Hi all im just getting back into R/C racing after a few years and a bit lost as to what is the best ESC for 17.5 blinky class. I will be running outdoor tracks one of which has a long straight and overall is a 'speed' track. Any advice would be great i want to get the best that you guys in the know recomend so any advice will be much appreciated . Thanks
Old 03-04-2015, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I have used the Hobbywing Justock as well as the Hobbywing Extreme Stock speed controls in the blinky classes and they've worked flawlessly and provide excellent throttle response and control. I recommend them highly.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Id go for a hobbywing extreme stock and lcd program card. Cheap but brilliant.

Has tons of different software available, one of which is blinky mode, but also has software available for if you wish to run upto 10.5 boosted class.

Or if your on a budget maybe a hobbywing justock. Still a great esc but doesnt have options for running boosted.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
I have used the Hobbywing Justock as well as the Hobbywing Extreme Stock speed controls in the blinky classes and they've worked flawlessly and provide excellent throttle response and control. I recommend them highly.
+1
These are great speed controls and are very reasonably priced.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Speed Passion Reventon S. Can handle motor s down to 10.5 turns and has advanced timing options for when you're not running blinky. You can get the ESC and program card for $45 on eBay.

Added bonus of Speed Passion ESC's that's often overlooked is the SP Bluetooth module. Once you've experienced programming your ESC from your phone you'll never want to go back.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Tekin RS SPEC Gen2 8 )
Old 03-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up Speed Passion

Originally Posted by hairless_ape
Speed Passion Reventon S. Can handle motor s down to 10.5 turns and has advanced timing options for when you're not running blinky. You can get the ESC and program card for $45 on eBay.

Added bonus of Speed Passion ESC's that's often overlooked is the SP Bluetooth module. Once you've experienced programming your ESC from your phone you'll never want to go back.
^^^I concur. I run the Reventon R, Pro and Pro 1.1 in my touring cars. I use the bluetooth option as well to program it for blinky, timing, boost etc. There inexpensive and work well!