R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTeased
hi may i please ask if the roar nats were run on asphalt or carpet ?
He's referring to the ROAR Carpet Nats.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

If you are interested in a link car (and you'd be nuts not to be) the Rev 4 is a terrific choice. The narrower chassis prevents the car from scrubbing and the kit includes by far the best links. Also, the old skool front end is as fast as it is simple.

I ran a T-Bar car for another manufacuter, the car was completely sound and overall totally satisfactory. The Rev 4 however has been an exemplary performer and I have been much happier with it. The quality of the machining is also the best of all the 12th scales, Bruce has a keen attention to detail and this is refelected in the quality of his kits.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforer
If you are interested in a link car (and you'd be nuts not to be) the Rev 4 is a terrific choice. The narrower chassis prevents the car from scrubbing and the kit includes by far the best links. Also, the old skool front end is as fast as it is simple.

The Rev 4 however has been an exemplary performer and I have been much happier with it. The quality of the machining is also the best of all the 12th scales, Bruce has a keen attention to detail and this is refelected in the quality of his kits.
Yup.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #19
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Just to jump in here...

I have run speedmerchant cars for the past few years, and been very happy with them. Pretty much all of the cars out on the market today work great and have proven it with their results.

I personally prefer pivot ball cars since on bumpy tracks they can isolate front to back dampening from side to side and thus can handle the bumps better (cleveland was a great example of this, since the rev. 4's in mod could take corner alot faster than t-bar cars could just because they wouldnt bounce all over the track if they carried the same corner speed). Also there is no t-bar to break, and you dont have to change side springs frequently either, i ran the same springs at the carpet nats last year, all summer club racing, vegas, cleveland and the january jam last week and they are still fine, and trust me, i hit plenty during the time i used them.

As far as set up wit a 12th scale, every pretty much runs the same set ups they have for YEARS, every race is a bit different, but nothing has really changed dramatically. What does matter a bit more in 12th scale than in sedan is that everything is mechincally well built, no slop in the front end (espically no undampened up travel) no air in the shock, body is mounted well, little stuff like that makes a bit more of a difference.

You really cant pick a bad car, although if you do choose to pick a t-bar car, i would probably skip over the AE car, their graphite is of a lower quality than almost every other car out there (it comes from the same place, and cut at the same place, but they use a lower grade than everyone else).
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

which one is best for asphalt or carpet? or are they good for both?
chris
chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yea im curious too someone has told me that the CRC 3.2r is the most suited to ashpalt out of all CRC models

although there is a deal i cant seem to refuse on a CRC 3.1 team red edition. is that any good for asphalt?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:36 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

I'am a newbe at 12th scale racing so this is just my opinion. I have a 12L4 and have hit the boards very hard as a new driver would and have yet to break anthing on this car. I find that the 12L4 has less tuning options than outher T-bar cars, but most all that is over my head anyway (plus it's less for a newbe to think about). I think for the avarage racer any of the newer or even some older modles are capable of being fast. Learn it, Tune it to what you like, and have fun. If there is alot of speedmerchant, AE, CRC, or whatever at your track run what they have. You'll have support and some set-up help as well. All I know is that this is the most fun I've had racing in any class in a long time. Good luck, and have FUN !!!!!!

Chris....
Grub_Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #23
Tech Adept

I just bought a 12L4, actually my wife got it for me for Christmas. I like the car but here are some things that I wish AE would change:

1. LOWERED POD PLATES-are you listening AE?

2. The rear pod wont allow a motor to slide in very easily.

3. No shims are included to adjust ride height in front.

4. They include a 48p spur.

5. The instructions could be a lot better, regarding setup and tuning.

6. Mine was missing some parts, and had extra of others. Plus the blue anodizing is different from part to part. Come on AE how long have you been building 12L's.

If I were to have to replace the 12L today, I'd get a CRC T-bar car. Just my opinion. Its a great car (12L), but it could be better.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforer

I ran a T-Bar car for another manufacuter, the car was completely sound and overall totally satisfactory. The Rev 4 however has been an exemplary performer and I have been much happier with it. The quality of the machining is also the best of all the 12th scales, Bruce has a keen attention to detail and this is refelected in the quality of his kits.
What that guy said ^
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Just wondering whats the difference between 3.2R and T-Force performance wise....
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have had both, and both turned fast (basically identical) laps for me. I chose to keep my knife and sell my t-force just because i felt the link car to be more consisten from track to track / day to day. It just seems to basically work, my t-force was a tad finiky.

One of the biggest advatages of a link over plate is very minor, but oh so nice. 4 cells in a row is just sooooo much more convinient then saddle packs.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Just curios which car is the easiest to change batteries in? I imagine a car with four cells in a row would be versus a saddle pack car.

After reading through this thread and looking at the 1/12 scaels out their again I am going to order a Speedmerchant at some point in the future. I really like the looks and design.

Last edited by beerbarron; 01-28-2006 at 08:05 PM.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote