R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default Dual Compound tire Rule ?!

Hi all,

I'll start by saying i wanted to post this on the UK "RaceChat" (lovingly reffered to by most as RaceCrap) message board but find myself still ban'd seems if you have an opinion they'll ban you for life on those boards

Firstly can someone confirm for me that under "BRCA" rules i WILL be able to use dual compound front tires this years winter series(i.e PARMA violets).

Nextly, i would like to question the descision to outlaw these tires , I believe this was done on the presumption of excessive cost and i have to ask, would it have not been a good idea to wait until there released and a firm retail/shop price is established ?? I believe the Jaco's dual's were only slightly more expensive at the recent Vega's meeting and offered better a wear rate and much higher grip level surely off setting the increased cost?? Not forgetting no one was forced to buy them !!

Another or maybe different approach i would have been in favour of is price limiting like with motors and batteries This works very well I.M.O and also leaves the door wide open for manufactures to offer us better more effective products but within a set pricing structure.

I believe IFMAR has now also adopted this rule too next they'll be protecting me from myself by banning new cars on the drawing board because someone down the pub/bar thought he heard from a mate it would be costing 250 on release (doh........there goes the Cefx and Trinity)

Anyway i'm sure someone can put me right here ......... and the decisions were made on other grounds or something ??

Last edited by Merciless; 10-09-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i'll add some ammo to your cause from a reply in the Jaco tire thread. from what i understand this was in response to Wrap or 2-Stage tires. buffoonery i felt i had to add 2-cents to :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwide

a quote from www.efra.se:

"18 Mar On request of an EFRA Member Country a postal vote was carried out.
Due to a un-animous postal vote the proposal will be valid from March 20th.
The rule 10.8 Appendix 3 (Electric track 1/12th) will be amended with:
Each Tyre on the car must only be constructed from 1 compound (shore rating/density) of foam rubber " end quote.

my 2-cents
for 12th scale.........that's a shame that the rule thru amendment intended to not allow 2-stage tires thru verbage in amended rules also indirectly outlaws non 2-stage tires which were allowed before such as:

TRC Cyan Fronts
CRC dual compound Fronts
Parma Violet Fronts
BSR various fronts...plaid, BK/PU, etc
TRC Granite rears
etc. etc.

wonder if they are going to use use the same legal terms for 1/10 and disallow
the near same compounds: Plaid, Cyan, Dbl PK/OR?

i don't race over there but i would say a re-un-animous postal clarification vote is worth considering.....

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 10-08-2005 at 11:22 PM.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i find it hard to beleive that IFMAR is blindly falling in with EFRA, BRCA, etc. etc. without consulting ROAR, JRMCA, etc. etc. didn't know there were democrats in Europe

in sedan racing alone Plaid, Dbl Pink Orange, Cyan, or Violet compound fronts are crucial for a good set-up and make a difference in handling. they cost no more than the solid colors.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

I would love it if some of the people responcable for the ruling would state there case as to why this was a good idea !!

And why they felt it necessary to go so far with the ruling before they are even available ??

I don't know it just seems maddness to me..................
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I believe ROAR is the only one that ALLOWS foam tires for racing on touring cars. The rest of the world only uses rubber tires on touring cars. For IFMAR Worlds Touring cars are RUBBER tire ONLY. You also need to remember that ROAR is passive with anything all most to the point it doesn't exsist at times. They didn't even send an offical for the whole week to the Worlds in FL last year.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote