R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat
the front arms looks very easy to break.
I can say no. Remember I'm the world champion of crash test, so !!!
alien racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien racing
In fact, it's more simple to have a nice looking wire's position : it's just like on my 1/10 Offroad car...
really? how can it be mroe simple than a "normal" 1/12 like L4 when the ESC/receiver can be placed almost next to each other??

you got a pic of your 1/10 offroad?
yellow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:46 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=yellow15]really? how can it be mroe simple than a "normal" 1/12 like L4 when the ESC/receiver can be placed almost next to each other?? QUOTE]

On a "normal" 1/12 pan car, are on the front of the car so the motor's wires are going very nearly or uppon the batteries. It is not very easy to have something nice, I think...

Always on a "normal" car, the proximity between batteries and motor's wires in one hand and proximity between esc, servo and receiver can make a lot of interference.It's what I hadon my original Corally car but an Asso or other "normal" car i s probably the same...

On the Goldrace, only the wire from esc to receiver is going under the battery. The motor's wires are very short (decreasing electrical resistance). So it's impossible to have interference.

For a pic : Have a look on every Offroad 2WD with electronic (mine is actually an Associated B4, I am drawing an ALIEN Racing front wheel drive...) and you will see that electronic installation is very nice looking.

For a pic of electronic on the GoldRace, I will take more pics as soons as I can...
Old 10-07-2005, 08:59 AM   #19
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC

enuff talk

how can i get one in the uk?

"You aint going fast enough, if you aint Full Throttle"
Currently slow due to : Bad thumbs and no motors :P
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

Hello mi2dude,

Its easy, details on my email adress ([email protected]) or by PM.

I would be very happy to work with english guys and to come to see some english races this winter...
Old 10-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien racing

For a pic : Have a look on every Offroad 2WD with electronic (mine is actually an Associated B4, I am drawing an ALIEN Racing front wheel drive...) and you will see that electronic installation is very nice looking.
You might want to check the rule books as a FWD might not be legal. I know it is not allowed for TC so it might be best to check if you haven't.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Here in France, FWD are not illegal. They only have no chance to win cause they race with 4WD cars... But, I so like FWD !!!
Old 10-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #23
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd be interested to know the price of the conversion as well as how it does in the French Championships (are these held on carpet?). Also would like to know what parts from the SP12m are required, and which pivot balls you're using in the front.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:06 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

Hello Ike,

The conversion kit cost 100.
Corally's transmission and motor support, pivot balls and steering parts are required.
The kit contains all carbon parts, 2 rods to maintain the rear pod and the 2 spacers each side of the batteries.

As soon as the french championship will begin, I will give you news about the goldRace results... the first race is at the end of November and all french championhip races are on carpet.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #25
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

100 euro is about $120 US. How soon can we order one? Is this car related to the Fire12 that was shown elsewhere in these forums?
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:05 AM   #26
Tech Initiate

Hi Apexspeed, the GoldRace is ready to race now. Just ask for details on my email ([email protected]) or MP.

You're right, it's an evolution of the FIRE12, more rigid, more efficient on crash test (i have done it myself !!! lol).
Old 10-14-2005, 09:58 AM   #27
Tech Initiate

Default Answer to an other thread's post

All performance tests prooved that the goldRace is easyer to drive than the classic Corally 1/12. About lap time, we are 0,5sec less on our track test...

In fact, we are using a soft front beam (epoxy 2mm) instead of the original Carbon one. At the rear, the side shocks are Associated standard and the longitudinal one is a classic touring car and spring (Asso Gold).

About Tyres, we use the same than the original Corally car.

In fact, the inline batteries don't load the front end much than the classic one but the reduction of the polar inertia is the main thing to sense.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

I'm wondering, do you have any photos of the car race-ready, with batteries and electronics?

How much does the car weigh all ready to go? The body mounts up front seem pretty tall, and you mentioned that you are now running a full size TC shock in the center, do you have body clearance issues?

Maybe I'm partial to the layout of the carbon fiber parts shown on the Fire12. I'm not quite sold on this one yet.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #29
Tech Initiate

I will try to have pics with electronics next week. The car is racing this sunday.

Ready to race, the car is 840g. It's the only one to be at the minimum legal weight in France (probably due to the reduce weight of the front)

the body posts come from the original Corally 1/12 like a lot of parts. The GoldRace is just a carbon conversion kit...

The body clearance is OK even with the TC shock in the middle. I use to race a proline Ascari but there is too much rear down forces with it...

Excuse me but I'm not sure I understand the last sentence of your post... Can you explain ?
Old 10-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Maybe I'm partial to the layout of the carbon fiber parts shown on the Fire12. I'm not quite sold on this one yet.
I liked the looks of the first Fire12 that I saw, a lot. This one hasn't quite got the same effect... yet.