Search

BMI Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default BMI Motorsports

Hey guys,

I am proud to announce that BMI Racing has now expanded and we now have our own line of blueprinted 19 turn and stock motors. Our motors are being hand built by Joe Buttacavoli (Joe B. on rc tech). Joe has been building motors for 20 years and has built some of the most unbelievable motors I have ever run or seen. He will be able to answer, along with myself, any questions you may have regarding our motors. Now for the details on what will be done to the motors

All of the motor's bushings are honed at my shop .0005(5 tenths of a thousanth) over the shaft size and also honed on center of the magnets. This eliminates the need for breaking in the bushings or polishing. The brush hoods are meticulously alligned using satin texture face, flat front test brushes of the same brand that will be used in each specific motor. Although this is very time consuming, it is the only method that would assure dead center brush, comm contact.

The armature is shimmed using high temperature, long lasting teflon washers to be centered within the magnetic field.

The motor magnets are zapped with a Thunder R/C Magnet Zapper that generates 3 times the magnetic field required to saturate the motor magnets.
All comms are cut on a Hudy Auto Executive Comm Lathe with a diamond bit that is calibrated weekly (lathe is calibrated to assure v guides are perpendicular and parallel to the tool block and the diamond bit is inspected).
The brushes are fully seated and motor spring/brush combinations are used based on application described by the customer. The motor is then Dyno tuned and tweaked on a Competition Electronics Turbo 45 Dyno. A computer printout is supplied with each motor along with an extra set of brushes that were used in the motor when we built it.
Any BMI Racing motor will be supported with "FREE" magnet zapping for the life of the motor. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask. We are here to help. Thanks for looking

Last edited by protc3; 07-29-2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default BMI Motors

What is your price for these new motors? Are they available now? I would like at least one to try.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

hook a brother up. how much and when can i pick mine up??
Old 07-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Lord

Right now we have stock motors available and ready for shipment. The cost for the blueprinted stock motor is $44.99.19 turn motors will be available soon.we will be keeping a good inventory once everything starts moving.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys, I just wanted to take a minute to Introduce myself to those of you that don't know me already....Hello all...... Like Jason, I will be here to help with any questions that you may have reguarding our new stock and 19turn motor lines......Like Jason mentioned, each and every motor that leaves the shop is hand built, blueprinted, and tuned by myself...."every" motor that any customer recieves will have "all" the tuning treatments previously mentioned.....Myself and Jason decided that when we started this motor division that there would be no expenses spared ,or corners cut in the building of any motor that left the shop.....and motors that inherently can't meet our dyno specifications will become practice motors and nothing more, these will not be sold......Thanks for looking....and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask, thats what were here for.......Also...orders can be placed with Jason (Protc3 on here), or myself (Joe B on here)....by sending either of us a PM, and soon thru the existing BMI Racing website www.BMIRACING.com that's being updated with more pictures and motor related information at this time........thanks again.........Joe Buttacavoli

Last edited by Joe B; 08-01-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

these sound good...i'm sure to give them a try.....but, need to get them BRCA legal

and i don't know how to do that..i'll try find out though.

do i still get my discounted price with these (considering its not technically the same company .BMI RACING and BMI MOTORSPORT )

anyway, please PM me with the price of shipping for a stock motor.

when are you expecting 19's to be ready?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:51 PM
RLS
Tech Regular

Great news!! Keep us posted on the 19T availability.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the kind words and interest guys.......We'll make an anouncement on the 19turns about a week before their ready to go....won't be long... ..........as far as what's built up and ready right now after the current orders are filled..... We have aproximately 25 cherry picked (monster based) BMI MOTORSPORT motors with some serious time into each of them ready to ship out........thanks again...........Joe Buttacavoli
Old 07-30-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

whats your average numbers on the 27t's?

would you consider getting them BRCA legal (i don't know the process for doing this.....not sure who and how you do it)?

also, you only doing 27t's and 19t's only or mods in the future?
Old 07-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck Jason and Joe with your motor division of BMI Racing!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

thanks john.im excited about expanding the product line.i just cant wait to get some motors out in the field.

as of right now we have stock motors ready for immediate shipment. we are working on the 19 turn motors and should have them available shortly. we will also be offering brushes,springs,and a rebuild service as well. pricing will be available very soon. thanks for the support guy.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Joe and Jason have allways had fast motors. Just ask any one that they beat on a regular basis. There is a whole list of them at our local track each week.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Lord

thanks tony.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

It's the truth!!!!! Did Joe finish up my 2 motors??? Want to see the look on Irish's face when I pass him on the straight away.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

im not sure.i will ask him later today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.