Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Read more about it here

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...=391384&page=9
Old 04-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hmm... have they changed the ODM ? the new tab design is very different from the old one.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

With so many OCD racers out there I can't be the only one that finds the Revtech a little hard on the eyes.

A simple black stator with various colored endbells would rock! Plus, it would be another first from Trinity! lol

Sorta like this.
Attached Thumbnails Trinity kill shot motors-ks1.jpg  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Wow, thats a lot of vents.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

I take it they're still quite sore about the D3.5 crap, announcing when it was submitted to ROAR is a not so polite gesture directed at Ron Schurr and the rest of ROAR.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

I guess the move was so they don't have another repeat of the d3.5 situation again... We'll see how fast this new motor will be compared to the original Revtech , but I can see a motor extreme (80°+) timing war coming in the near future...... I guess it's the new turbo !!! Maybe an intelligent motor timing chip will start the Car at 30° and ramp up to 80° even with the esc in blinky mode !!! Gearing will need to be low (6.2fdr) , just like the turbo days..... Roar will have to limit motor timing then, just like they did in the brushed motor days......
Old 04-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I guess the move was so they don't have another repeat of the d3.5 situation again... We'll see how fast this new motor will be compared to the original Revtech , but I can see a motor extreme (80°+) timing war coming in the near future...... I guess it's the new turbo !!! Maybe an intelligent motor timing chip will start the Car at 30° and ramp up to 80° even with the esc in blinky mode !!! Gearing will need to be low (6.2fdr) , just like the turbo days..... Roar will have to limit motor timing then, just like they did in the brushed motor days......
There is no such thing as infinite timing. The ad simply means it can be adjusted infinitely but it wont work past about 65 degrees. They start cogging and will reverse rotation if you go past that. Most manufactures recommend no more than 60 degrees total (Between endbell and speedo timing). Some speedos will start cogging worse than others at 60-65 degrees.

EA
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe it was a marketing move....
Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
With so many OCD racers out there I can't be the only one that finds the Revtech a little hard on the eyes.

A simple black stator with various colored endbells would rock! Plus, it would be another first from Trinity! lol

Sorta like this.
+1, Best idea EVER.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
There is no such thing as infinite timing. The ad simply means it can be adjusted infinitely but it wont work past about 65 degrees. They start cogging and will reverse rotation if you go past that. Most manufactures recommend no more than 60 degrees total (Between endbell and speedo timing). Some speedos will start cogging worse than others at 60-65 degrees.

EA
If you talk 60 deg total between speedo and end bell , which speedo timing are you referring to , boost or turbo timing ?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gerrie
If you talk 60 deg total between speedo and end bell , which speedo timing are you referring to , boost or turbo timing ?
Total timing with all timing included. Boost, turbo and endbell timing.

EA
Old 04-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So Eric, you must have done some testing on these. How do you think they stack up to the D3.5?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I take it they're still quite sore about the D3.5 crap, announcing when it was submitted to ROAR is a not so polite gesture directed at Ron Schurr and the rest of ROAR.
I have to comment here. Ron Schuur does NOT and NEVER has done the motor inspections. I get informed that a motor PASSED or FAILED, check availability if passed, review with EXCOM and have the motor posted on the approved list. Just this simple - I never even see the physical motors.

The previous independant lab that tested the D3.5 is NO LONGER used by ROAR.

The "Kill Shot" has been sent to the NEW ROAR motor testing lab.

Ernie and everyone else involved at Trinity knows the above facts.

Not everything you read on the internet is true and this could be determined if anyone took a few moments to verify.

Regarding the date being public - there is ZERO issue, in fact this will become the APPROVED date assuming everything goes well
Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rocketron
I have to comment here. Ron Schuur does NOT and NEVER has done the motor inspections. I get informed that a motor PASSED or FAILED, check availability if passed, review with EXCOM and have the motor posted on the approved list. Just this simple - I never even see the physical motors.

The previous independant lab that tested the D3.5 is NO LONGER used by ROAR.

The "Kill Shot" has been sent to the NEW ROAR motor testing lab.

Ernie and everyone else involved at Trinity knows the above facts.

Not everything you read on the internet is true and this could be determined if anyone took a few moments to verify.

Regarding the date being public - there is ZERO issue, in fact this will become the APPROVED date assuming everything goes well
You need a serious chill out session. I've done this toy car racing a long time and never saw anybody announce when a piece of tech was submitted to ROAR, it was an absolute first, and this is coming from a company that was determined to have broken the rules and had a motor declared illegal a few months before, if that's not a none-to-subtle insult I'll eat my next motor. In my opinion its a bit of a low shot, and will not be for the best in terms of mending fences.

Last edited by DesertRat; 04-17-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.