Search

deleted

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 09-30-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
Anyone know who has the best price and free shipping?
Thanks
Your local hobby shop.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default I would but the budgets tight right now.

It's hard when they are nearly $25 more than what I have seen on the net. I will buy any hopups I get at my lhs as always.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't see how you let only 25 bones stand between you and laying paws on the car.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Ok...

forget it...at least I'm honest about it. So many claim to buy EVERYTHING at the lhs and yet they buy nearly everything online. I actually buy 95% of everything at my lhs.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

I just said LHS b/c they don't charge shipping. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
forget it...at least I'm honest about it. So many claim to buy EVERYTHING at the lhs and yet they buy nearly everything online. I actually buy 95% of everything at my lhs.
Everytime somebody asks this question people get all hurt and say:
"Support our local Hobby Shop!"
RCKnight asked a great question. I'd love to know as well.
Listen, I support my LHS when I can, but when they sell stuff like KO servos for $135+Tax when they are $99 tops, online?????
I asked one time and just got a "" type of answer
"its because they are KO Propo"
Seriously..........that was the answer they gave me
Old 10-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

if you have a good relationship with your LHS(most of us do, we help pay there rent) then speak to them about there pricing, but remember to include shipping in your price when you speak to them. believe it or not most value your business, i am a firm believer in supporting my LHS but on occassion, 80% of the time they are higher than what i can buy online for. i simply print off the price and explain to them that this is there price, i include shipping and can they come close to that number. i can only remember once where they said they could not, they explained why they couldn't and i accepted that. they are in business to make money, remember that, they support our local races(prizes, sponsership ect..) if we nickel and dime them to death what becomes of the next big race when we have no prizes. dont get me wrong i dont accept outragous pricing but if they can come close to what i want to pay then its worth the little extra cash. establish a working relationship with you local hobby shop

all the best
Old 10-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Road Rage in Green Bay, Wi has great pricing and friendly employees
Old 10-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default my HS will not budge on their...

pricing, otherwise I would buy it at my lhs.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kerry
if you have a good relationship with your LHS(most of us do, we help pay there rent) then speak to them about there pricing, but remember to include shipping in your price when you speak to them. believe it or not most value your business, i am a firm believer in supporting my LHS but on occassion, 80% of the time they are higher than what i can buy online for. i simply print off the price and explain to them that this is there price, i include shipping and can they come close to that number. i can only remember once where they said they could not, they explained why they couldn't and i accepted that. they are in business to make money, remember that, they support our local races(prizes, sponsership ect..) if we nickel and dime them to death what becomes of the next big race when we have no prizes. dont get me wrong i dont accept outragous pricing but if they can come close to what i want to pay then its worth the little extra cash. establish a working relationship with you local hobby shop

all the best
I agree. When the pricing is within a $10 price range, I don't worry about it, because I take into account Shipping and the fact that I don't have to wait for it. However, when you start getting into the $36 dollar range (like the pre mentioned Ko Products) then forget about it, I don't mind waiting and don't feel the least bit bad for not buying it at the LHS.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoobydo
I agree. When the pricing is within a $10 price range, I don't worry about it, because I take into account Shipping and the fact that I don't have to wait for it. However, when you start getting into the $36 dollar range (like the pre mentioned Ko Products) then forget about it, I don't mind waiting and don't feel the least bit bad for not buying it at the LHS.
Every word uttered here is exactly on point...