R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2002, 12:10 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default ETCv1

http://www.robitronic.com/robitronic_e.htm

1/10 Scale Electro 4WD Touring car
Finally here! Robitronic's new 1/10 scale touring car. The car was introduced during the 2002 Austrian Touring Car Championships and succeeded immediately. Throughout the year a minimum of two ETC cars made the A-final and almost reached the podium in the highly competitive Austrian Touring Car Championships.
This expert car could prove its potential in an impressive way and further extensive development will ensure a place at the top.

Does anyone have this kit yet?! How does it run and what the cost in american $$$$$$$$$$$$$?!!?!?!

Thank You
Usagi
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 12:32 AM   #3
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Wow, this is a car I have truly never heard of. Looks impressive at first glance.

Wait a sec... Euros use the dd/mm/yy format, huh? I was thinking, wow, this has been out since January and I'd never seen it! haha

Anyway, car looks durable, and I like the single belt system. I guess I'll wait for Macky to get one to get a full report.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:00 AM   #4
Tech Regular

This is a car that seems to be contracted out to a 3rd party builder. It does seem very intersting from first looks. I should be able to see this car in person at the tokyo show in a few weeks. I post some detailed pictures of the car then.
Usagi
Old 10-08-2002, 02:03 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Exclamation

That "01.10.2002 " date/month/year ........date is (Oct 1, 2002 in normal way of writting)
Old 10-08-2002, 03:19 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The suspension, shocks, and the towers look identical to the Ofna OB4, but it has a new drived train, the old car was pretty good in the handling department, although the drivetrain was extremely ineficient. So with the new single belt setup, and mid mounted motor should be very interesting. Over here in Australia Ofna products are very reasonably priced
Old 10-08-2002, 08:45 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Thats what I thought too. Its going to be intersting to see the prices In Japan on this car. Its its not bad, well I might get one. It will make a nice show piece in my collection.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:39 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Macky Send a message via Yahoo to Macky

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Wow, this is a car I have truly never heard of. Looks impressive at first glance.

Wait a sec... Euros use the dd/mm/yy format, huh? I was thinking, wow, this has been out since January and I'd never seen it! haha

Anyway, car looks durable, and I like the single belt system. I guess I'll wait for Macky to get one to get a full report.
I think you guys are getting to know me to good. As a matter of fact I am hot on the trail to getting one of these. The car is available but extremely expensive. I was quoted a price of around $400 USD. According to the Robitronic forums rumor had it that Hong Nor(sp) made some of the parts for the car. It will probably a couple of months before I get mine. I'll keep everyone posted.
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 11:44 AM   #9
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The car indeed uses suspension from Ofna but itīs not designed or built by Ofna. Itīs designed by Robitronic. I doubt it will be that good as a TC3, XXX-S or a Mission as it uses the ball suspension. I had the Ofna car with that same suspension and itīs not really good. I canīt imagine a different drivetrain or chassis makes this suspension work better.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 12:43 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Its funny how different some cars can look and how similar some can look. The TC3 and XXXS are similar looking pan chassis type (I suppose the HPI too) and most of the others are like this one.

I do like the zebra looking chassis, thats kind of cool. I cant imagine why it wouldnt perform well though, it looks like all the other higher quality cars out right now. How much of an advantage can the chassis be when you get to this level?
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 01:28 PM   #11
R/C Tech Founder

There are a handful of electric cars that use the ball-pivot suspension (which we see in 1/10th nitro everywhere now) and they are as competitive as anything...
Old 10-08-2002, 01:38 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I imagine a lot of the problems could be caused by the tuner as well. With such a wide range of adjustability it would be easy to have things out of whack. I would think that the ball cups would wear fairly quickly though but I have no evidence to back that up.
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 02:32 PM   #13
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It seems the ball-pivot suspension isnīt working as smooth as the conventional system used by the TC3 or XXX-S. It generates less grip as well. I know this from a factory driver who is trying different systems on the same chassis. I think itīs not a problem with nitro cars as these use foams with much more grip. With the rubber tires on electric cars itīs a bigger difference.
I had one of the Ofna cars with the ball-pivot suspension for one year and I never got this thing to work as I wanted. Now I have both the TC3 and the XXX-S and I never would go back.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 04:48 PM   #14
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Nuno
Default etcv1

Hi,

I already sold one of this cars to a customer of mine, he will be testing it next saturday most probably, will let you know of the outcome.
In fact there are some OFNA/Hong Nor (same as the GM car) parts in the car as the arms, shocks and diffs. All other parts like chassis and drvetrain are new parts designed by Robitronic.
The retail price for the car is 460 euros, if anyone wants a full pricelist of the car and optional parts drop me an email to [email protected] or visit the online shop nunocarrico.com
I'm giving 10% discount for orders trough the website so it will end up being 414 euros. I guess for you guys in the US it will be costly to ship but for anyone else in the EU it will be cheaper.

regards

Nuno
Nuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:21 PM   #15
Tech Regular

No, I will wait until after this month to first look at the car in person at the r/c show. Then I will decide if I want it. Cost here will be around 31,000 yen or $280.00 US. I might be making a trip down there to pick one up in person.