Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ff01 upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Ff01 upgrades

Hi don't suppose anyone knows of any upgrades I can get for my vauxhall vectra jtcc tamiya ff01,metal parts suspension or any other parts that will fit.thanks
Old 01-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stewharrison
Hi don't suppose anyone knows of any upgrades I can get for my vauxhall vectra jtcc tamiya ff01,metal parts suspension or any other parts that will fit.thanks
There are a range of parts that will fit the FF01, although the chassis is quite old now so some of the more exotic parts are harder to find (The twin deck carbon chassis being one of those).

It all depends on why you want to upgrade it? The original kit didn't have bearings so I would fit those and service the shocks (assuming they are still Tamiya CVA's) and go from there.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Upgrades

I want to change the suspension for blue ones and all the shiny metal bits like arms and things.but can't find any
Old 01-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

I want to change the suspension for blue ones and all the shiny metal bits like arms and things.but can't find any
The blue TRF shocks are great! Metal arms are not really much cop, plastic is better as it's lighter. Also it's hard to find metal arms, but check asiatees they stock loads of that stuff.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks mate just bought the jjtc vectra 1995 all original,just looks boring under the shell want to make it look abit nicer.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Thanks mate just bought the jjtc vectra 1995 all original,just looks boring under the shell want to make it look abit nicer.
That's a top shell for the car

The FF01 shares a some parts with the TA02, so you can use the alloy TA02 front and rear hubs and the C-Hubs. I think the arms are slightly different (I will try to dig my old one out and take a look).

The steering is also the same so you can get the alloy steering set
Old 01-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks a nice car,I paid £100 for and that came all ready to run with all original manuals car charger as well as home charger,and futaba control pad and a alloy carry case that it all goes in.thanks for that mate real help.do u know what boady shells I can't put on it as there's quite a few Iv seen but not sure on fitment.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Looks a nice car,I paid £100 for and that came all ready to run with all original manuals car charger as well as home charger,and futaba control pad and a alloy carry case that it all goes in.thanks for that mate real help.do u know what boady shells I can't put on it as there's quite a few Iv seen but not sure on fitment.
Just about all 190mm 1/10 shells will fit (with 257mm wheelbase) there are only a few 190mm shells that do not have these dimensions
Old 01-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did you check http://www.tamiyaclub.com/ ?