R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2002, 05:20 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

My First one was a 5645MG for Throttle on my serpent. Had it for 2 weeks and it just died out, would not move or anything. End points were adjusted right and never spilled anything on it. Sent it in and got it fixed. I had my 2nd 2143 for throttle. Never had any problems with it even when it had Nitro Dumped on it and getting smashed from the side. (Serpent Impulse Pro)

I then got a Nitro TC3. I decided that since both 2143 were killing my receiver pack I would go back to the Hitec. Put the Fixed 5645 in it and adjsuted everything and it did good the first tank out. Brought it into the pits and did some adjustments and turned the car on and Radio on and the servo would not work. Just sat there buzzing at me. Thought it was the receiver but it wasn't. I did not have any other servo so a Freind gave me a 525MG. I ran that for the rest of the day and gave it back to him. He put it in his other car to sell and a week later the guy that he sold the car to said that the Servo died

One of my friends had a 5925 I think. It lasted a whole weekend in his car.. but he did have a hugh crash when he got radio interference, but we would have thought that the Throttle Servo would have survived since his whole front of the car was smashed... His JR Servo came out clean.

I really don't mean to bash. Maybe I bought the low end of the Hitec Servo Line. I know one guy that uses it in a 1/8th scale car and it does fine... but from what I have seen and people have told me they say to stay away.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:04 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to fireblade

Well first of all, I think the one u bought was plastic. Well as newton law says "A object in motion will want to stay in motion" Well, when you have a car come flyin into the side of you what do you expect. I have many JR servos JR are not good at all, they work for throttle but NOT for steering, they brake WAY TO EZ!
iam not tryin to get onto you but what you said didnt really make any since. You also said that it started buzzing at you,well,nitro could of gotton into it or some other foreign material to make it stop. Buzzing means that the servo is tryin to push but can't or the circut board is fried. Send the servo back to Hitec,they are more than happy to fix it for ya
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:05 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

When I said "Never had any problems with it even when it had Nitro Dumped on it and getting smashed from the side. (Serpent Impulse Pro)" I was talking about the KO2143 Servo .

Also not to get into a pissing match but no Nitro got into the Servo the second time. I put the fuel in at my pit bench. Started it, took it on the track, ran it, brought it back in the pits to adjsut some stuff, put a little more fuel in, not spilling a drop, and when I turned the on/off button on it just buzzed. I think it is jsut bad luck.

Sorry

Last edited by mike_Webb; 10-08-2002 at 06:08 PM.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:24 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to fireblade

Could of been. Many things can happen, that still dosnt mean Hi-Tec are bad, Ive gotton a few bad servos. Thats like my Airtronics servo goin out and me doggin airtronics about the servo. Hi-tec make good servos (kinda slow but they do the job) I have won many races with hi-tec's before goin to a super fast 757. But for starters or just wanna have fun people. Ide recommend hi-tec
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:32 PM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

I just put KO 2123s in both of my Missions and they are great. I got the 2123 because it is meant to be used with 7.2 volt power instead of 6.0. Not sure if it matters, but the 2143 and the 2123 were the same price, so I got the one meant for my application. I would suggest you spend a few extra bucks and get the KO.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:45 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When the FET servos came out they performed great but didnt last to long, burned up fairly quick. I've heard of a few problems with the Hitecs with others, I had one. It was slow and it didnt center well but it worked. It was the throttle servo in the GT, every once in a while it would just start "twitching" back and forth, real small motions in opposing directions not far from center. I tried all kinds of things thinking it was something other than the servo but any time a different servo was installed they worked like normal. I've never been a fan since then but almost bought a 925MG with my order last night but switched at the last minute to the 357. I've just had great luck with the Airtronics servos, much like all of you have with other servos. From what I'm gathering people have had mixed results with JR and Hitec but everyone has had great results with Airtronics and KO.
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 08:01 PM   #22
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

gator, are you using the new Mars R with KR-301F receiver?

If you're, then you can not use any other aftermarket receiver because of the high response system, that 40% thingy...

If you use KO radio, why not get a KO servo too...hehehe
TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 08:38 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

gator: obviously there are a lot of servos being recomended to you but to be honest I dont think you can go wrong with most of them. Personally among the one's mentioned ive tried the KO 2143, Futaba 9450, both are great and are among the best for the job. Currently i have one of Sanwa's (known as Airtronics in the US) Expert Racing Gear series servos the ERG-WR. Only reason im using that now coz it gives me the most speed at 0.07s/60deg -- i just like them really fast and responsive since a fast servo gives me the option to slow or tone things down if i have to using my radio...... Basically it gives me a wider range to play around with. Each of the top servos mentioned above have there own little advantages i guess but nothing to drastically set them apart from each other (maybe price?). The Futaba's are really tough and last years and also center very nicely. The KO I dint have that long coz I switched to Sanwa about after a year so i cant comment on long term durability, but responsivenss is great and centers nicely too. The Sanwa/Air well, i love it alot and will stick with it (and is cheap too - $66! Got mine in HK).

oh, and TFR is corect, with the Mars-R, the 301 rx is the only thing you can use to take advantage of the 40% faster response.

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/

Last edited by ROBORAT; 10-08-2002 at 08:41 PM.
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 09:31 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Default re:

yes , i have the 301 reciever but i was woundering about the novak xxtra 's but i got a servo today and i got the ko propo 2143
thanks alot for all the help and info guys.

gator is offline   Reply With Quote