R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-23-2005, 08:34 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din Viesel
I still currently run the first si and still have great success with it, I am really interested in the new version type 2 and will probably order one after the holidays!!
Did you run a front diff in your cars,and if so what parts to you use to make one. I have noticed with the cyclone and other cars people used a combo of the stock pulley with yok and ae parts.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

email sent.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:50 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Thanks man, got it.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:23 AM   #34
Tech Adept

I run pretty much carpet 90% of the time and I do have a front diff. When Integy was still carrying the parts for it, I was able to by the nessessary parts. The car can be a pain with foams and 7* caster but I have managed to over come that with the right droop settings. Now the problem I am having is when running 19t or lower motors the rear diff is unloading in the corners. I believe it maybe the derlin outdrives! I may have to find and buy the stock steel ones for MOd. Some of the AE TC3 drivers had the same problem with the plastic outdrives getting to hot with MOD motors. Other than that if the type 2 05' version is anything like the first si, than I have got to get one!

Seaball- I also own a Pro4 and went back to may Atlas, but some of the HPI parts are interchangeable, with the new Cyclone out maybe the caster blocks are also interchangeable with the type 2??!!

Well I just hope we can keep this thread alive long enough to get more info!

Steve
Din Viesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:09 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

so by what you guys are saying i should have something to look foward to with my siII
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Did you run a front diff in your cars,and if so what parts to you use to make one. I have noticed with the cyclone and other cars people used a combo of the stock pulley with yok and ae parts.
I bought a spare diff gear and rings from Integy when they still were stocking parts for the car, I also bought 2 pairs of derlin outdrives for it as well. Now I need to find 2 pair of the orginal stock steel out drives for running Mod class..
Old 12-26-2005, 07:54 PM   #37
Tech Adept

I can see this thread will die off soon enough!
Old 12-27-2005, 02:59 AM   #38
Tech Addict

well i guess it's up to us to keep it alive. still waiting on a new esc so i can run the car.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:54 PM   #39
Tech Adept

So you have the type 2 si? I am still running the original si. I would like to get my hands on a type 2, unfortunatley there are no importers here for Altas! You will have to keep me posted as to how it handles. I run mostly carpet with foams, the past cars were designed for asphalt and rubber so it has been a challenge to set these cars up for North American tracks!
Old 12-27-2005, 03:16 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din Viesel
So you have the type 2 si? I am still running the original si. I would like to get my hands on a type 2, unfortunatley there are no importers here for Altas! You will have to keep me posted as to how it handles. I run mostly carpet with foams, the past cars were designed for asphalt and rubber so it has been a challenge to set these cars up for North American tracks!
yep i have the si II, foams fit straight on without any trimming or cutting. if you are after an si II go to www.jethobby.com as they are the importer in hk good prices & good shipping rates, i did find a store in the states that carried them also but can not remember the name i'm looking at getting it on the track on the 8th january. i will be trying foam & rubber on ashpalt!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:33 PM   #41
Tech Adept

The store here in the States is Integy, they carry some parts for the older YM-34's, but will not be carrying the new car (they told me it was not cost effective). Unfortunately the atlas cars are not popular I have run the last 3 versions when they were being carried by Integy. I also use to have a contact person at Miwa Hobby but they are no longer there. I did e-mail Jet hobby for a price and have recieved a quote, now I just need to come up with the money!!

Let me know how you fare with your si on the 8th. I would be intereted hearing your results.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have you tried rc champ for parts and the new 05 car? They have a thread here on the retail forum.

I enquired about the new car when it was shown at the Tokyo show and they said they would stock it when it was released. They are likely to have the best price - they do with everthing else

I personally think this is one of the best tc's on the market. It is the way the Cyclone should be
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Bender- I tried them and they e-mailed me back and said that they did not have any! Jet hobby has the cheapest price right now, there ordering process is a tad expensive and wierd. Do you currently run a type 2? If so what kind of track do you run on and do you like the car?
Old 12-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry, I run a 415MSX.

I was looking to get the Atlas before but the MSX came out first (and for a great price) so that's what I went with.

I might look to running two cars later next year (so I can run 2 classes on a day) and the Atlas is a car I would consider.

What price do Jethobby have them for? Their website is really out of date it seems.
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #45
Tech Adept

Jets price was I believe $309.00 USD, I accidently deleted the first e-mail and have re-sent another, so if I am incorrect I'll post the correction.