RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit >

RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit

Like Tree14Likes

RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit

Old 02-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Hey guys. We have a few new versions of the car out there, but honestly, we don't have much time to produce them right now. The Gizmo Project keeps us very busy as it is. If anyone is interested in getting a newer kit, drop me a line, however the lead time is a bit long.

The plan right now is more to focus on the Gizmo. As this builds out capital, it will allow us to invest in fully outsourced 12th scales as well. The cash flow that the 12th scale generates is simply not enough to dedicate much time to it. But as stated, I have a new model out there already. They are made on demand only though,
Can you share any info as to whats new or different vs the T2 car? pics are always enjoyed as well
Old 02-11-2019, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't have pictures at the moment. Don't want to share much as we don't want out ideas to be stolen before we are able to release them ourselves. If you contact me at the store I may be able to share a pic or two.

We changed the front end to use 2 dampers instead of a single unit. New is also a narrower chassis with some pretty neat side links that mount more inboard than before. O ring mounting for the battery, and a few other features. Car runs really good on black carpet with a spool. We can offer conversions for previous RR12T2 owners, but no full kits for now. Depending on how sales keep going, we may try to release a new car in the fall, but it is very tentative. We also have an F1 that is done the same way. Conversion only, special order only. Lead time 2-3 weeks.
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I don't have pictures at the moment. Don't want to share much as we don't want out ideas to be stolen before we are able to release them ourselves. If you contact me at the store I may be able to share a pic or two.

We changed the front end to use 2 dampers instead of a single unit. New is also a narrower chassis with some pretty neat side links that mount more inboard than before. O ring mounting for the battery, and a few other features. Car runs really good on black carpet with a spool. We can offer conversions for previous RR12T2 owners, but no full kits for now. Depending on how sales keep going, we may try to release a new car in the fall, but it is very tentative. We also have an F1 that is done the same way. Conversion only, special order only. Lead time 2-3 weeks.
Which F1 is the conversion for?
Old 02-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Price for conversion?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
Which F1 is the conversion for?
The best donors are Xray and Speed Passion. I have a conversion for each. However, the cars must be mailed into me and I will personally build the F1 and ship back. The build is quite different, so it's best to send them assembled for the time being. I also enjoy the quirks of every car line we offer to be a little different and "off the menu". It allows us to customize the order a little more and make each build a little more special.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Price for conversion?
12th scale conversion should be like $160.00

It includes all new carbon and/ or aluminum plates (except for the front upper tower bar), new arms, new front dampers, new side links and all other parts necessary to complete.

clint likes this.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Got my old T2 back, cant wait to run her again
LonnyJ1950 and VanBee like this.