R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #16
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

RW gears are machined out of Acetyl Engineering Plastic (AEP). It is harder than Delrin and unlike Delrin and Nylon...AEP is completely temperature and humidity stable. This means that the day they wear out they are just as flat and round as the day they rolled out of the milling machine.

All RW gears are gauranteed to be concentric to 1/1000" or they will not leave the factory.

They fit all cars including Xray spur adapters.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
have q about thoseprs pinions... since they are aluminum are they easy to strip? (I actually stripped the threads on the pinion gear... where u screw the grub screw in) that's why now i am hesitant to buy more aluminum pinions...

seems that if i don't tighten the grub screw enough, the pinion won't stay attached and if i tighten it too much, then it strips... maybe i did something wrong?
Although the pinions are aluminum they are hard coated and are very strong. I have been using aluminum pinions( 64 pitch) outdoors for over 3 yrs now and have had no problems at all. These PRS gears and the Robinson ones I use are the newer versions which have a 5-40 set screw and last 100 times longer than my old ones with the 4-40 set screw. Good Luck

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:07 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

Does anyone know if the RW-Racing spur gears will fit the tamiya ta04 spur gear hub??
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:16 AM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

I have to disagree Adrian,

I bought two of the RW gears for my RDX...they do not fit.
Although quality is there, they are just like .5mm off on the screw holes.
The PCS from EA fit everything I have tried, the RDX, the Yok BD the Yok LCG...
The new one from EA the 104 fitted for pan car fits the RDX the best.
-Shookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
RW gears are machined out of Acetyl Engineering Plastic (AEP). It is harder than Delrin and unlike Delrin and Nylon...AEP is completely temperature and humidity stable. This means that the day they wear out they are just as flat and round as the day they rolled out of the milling machine.

All RW gears are gauranteed to be concentric to 1/1000" or they will not leave the factory.

They fit all cars including Xray spur adapters.
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #20
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I have to disagree Adrian,

I bought two of the RW gears for my RDX...they do not fit.
Although quality is there, they are just like .5mm off on the screw holes.
The PCS from EA fit everything I have tried, the RDX, the Yok BD the Yok LCG...
The new one from EA the 104 fitted for pan car fits the RDX the best.
-Shookie <><
The locations of the hole circles on the RW gears are industry standard (Kimbrough) dimensions. I have heard (from Corally drivers) that the RDX bolt circle dimnesion is what is a bit off.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
The locations of the hole circles on the RW gears are industry standard (Kimbrough) dimensions. I have heard (from Corally drivers) that the RDX bolt circle dimnesion is what is a bit off.
Most likely true...LOL
Still though...that new camber guage is the shizzle....I think I got like four guys lookign to get them...LOL...sure does beat taking out the whole setup system...and if you lay it flat you can even get a very close toe in or out....
Just wish it were black or blue...Purple just messes me up...Might have to do a little oven off work...LOL
-SHookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:32 AM   #22
Tech Addict
 
Shane Reinink's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Longmont, CO.
Posts: 732
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Shane Reinink
Default

I have an RW 108t spur on my RDX and it fit perfectly.
Shane Reinink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #23
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Well maybe its just the 104 that didn't fit.
-Shookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Reinink
I have an RW 108t spur on my RDX and it fit perfectly.
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #24
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

The Pro-Lite Oval gears are the ones that fit the RDX perfectly with no modifications at all. They are machined and perfectly round. They will not break teeth off in hard wrecks either. I know of several factory guys that run the PRS gears in 64 pitch even on asphalt using full brakes!

All other touring cars take the standard PRS TC gear. They are made the same way as they others but just have a differnt hole pattern.

You wont be dissapointed in these gears or thier prices.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:51 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

WORD.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The Pro-Lite Oval gears are the ones that fit the RDX perfectly with no modifications at all. They are machined and perfectly round. They will not break teeth off in hard wrecks either. I know of several factory guys that run the PRS gears in 64 pitch even on asphalt using full brakes!

All other touring cars take the standard PRS TC gear. They are made the same way as they others but just have a differnt hole pattern.

You wont be dissapointed in these gears or thier prices.

EA
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:55 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mountain Home
Posts: 76
Default

Where would be a good starting point for 64 pitch pinion and spur on a TC3 and XRAY EVO2. I race both stock and 19 turn. The tire diameter is 59mm. Thanks for the help.

Kevin
KevinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic
 
minicooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
Does anyone know if the RW-Racing spur gears will fit the tamiya ta04 spur gear hub??
Don't know about the RW-Racing Spur gears but the PRS gears fit perfectly on the TA04

Last edited by minicooper; 10-13-2005 at 03:13 PM.
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

I don't mean to be rude... I love the way this RDX conversation is going... but the poor guy (me) here needs to know does tamiya follow the industry standard... (i hate them for making everything slightly different so u can't interchange your parts with other companies sometimes).




Thanks once again.
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:54 PM   #29
Tech Addict
 
stonedgti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

JWerks RC is coming out with one that is pretty similar to the RW, except it's a tiny bit thicker, thus a bit more durable. It's also made from a new Delrin like material called Moxinyethen. It's suppose to be stronger and lighter than your regular Delrin because of the tighter molecule stucture. It's suppose to be out soon...so we'll see.
__________________
Team Powers | ORCA | OD 12 Racing | NorCal Hobbies | JWerks | Sonic Racing | Team Gayzer | AYO Racing | Team Hastings | Uncle Larry Concepts | Moonlight Toys
stonedgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:39 AM   #30
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
I don't mean to be rude... I love the way this RDX conversation is going... but the poor guy (me) here needs to know does tamiya follow the industry standard... (i hate them for making everything slightly different so u can't interchange your parts with other companies sometimes).




Thanks once again.
Yes, Tamiya does follow the industry standard. One of my race buddies has a 415MS an he uses RW gears.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"WTB" RW 108 Spur Gear BSchorr R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 12-17-2007 04:49 AM
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-13-2007 07:20 PM
"""NEW""" Collari .21 3 port buggy motor lc21-b3 goneRVing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 12-20-2006 06:25 PM
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 10-22-2006 09:49 PM
""" XRAY FK05 """ excellent cond/super clean/stock evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-29-2006 10:04 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:33 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net