USGT spec tires

Old 04-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 160 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk View Post
I'm not sure what anyone wants.
Five years/40,000 miles?

All jokes aside, the current tires have been great.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have been searching all day about this, so what is USGT? What chassis, what motor, most of all what tires? RC Gravity is out or has stopped making them. What body? Please do not send link to roar rules, it really does not state the answers.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

http://www.teamgravityrc.com/store1/...egory=15430106

They look to be in stock to me. As for the rules, open this link and scroll down:

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/
Old 04-25-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iketruman View Post
I have been searching all day about this, so what is USGT? What chassis, what motor, most of all what tires? RC Gravity is out or has stopped making them. What body? Please do not send link to roar rules, it really does not state the answers.
I typed "USGT Rules" into Bing. 1st result at the top. 2nd and 3rd results will get you there too.

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/

That should help you!

Mark
Attached Thumbnails USGT spec tires-usgt.jpg  
Old 04-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paco1001 View Post
Well maybe they could start putting in a quality insert that will help out the tire for a span more than 2 months. I still don't get why there is a spec tire for any class. Maybe a tc slick and a scale looking rim would be the solution. now you have a tire that will last a season or more and eventually everyone will gravitate to a tire that works for them. That would be way cheaper tire overall if i'm not replacing a set once every 2-3 months.
Spec tires exist to ensure everyone on the track has the same amount of traction. It makes the race fairer -- you have to actually be a better driver in order to win, instead of buying victory through better parts. You can tune how your car uses that traction by adjusting the alignment on the wheels and the weight balance of the chassis, the same way you can tune how your car uses the power from a spec motor by adjusting the gear ratio. Some classes even go so far as to specify which chassis you can run and which upgrades you're allowed to put on it.

$15 for a set of four tires is actually quite inexpensive compared to pretty much any other option available. And if you really think a set of tires can last for an entire season of racing, you must not race very often.

If you're destroying the outer edges of your tires, it sounds like you need to dial-in some more negative (inward) camber in the rear, and more positive (rearward) caster in the front.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

So the 4wd run with the Fwd? Type in RIE 24025 and Gravity RC comes up not available. Body explanation is crap, what bodies are popular?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I've got quite few race days and practice sessions on my spec usgt tires. Lasted alot longer than my last set. Rims and inserts go well before the tire. Yes a better insert would be nice, but it is what it is and we all have the same problem to deal with. And the price would go up.

I like the idea of rotating the older reads to the front and newish rears.

The front wear a lot faster. Due to the way we drive these cars. I now running a diff and maybe that will help some. Not hitting everything on the track but the racing line will probably help too.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

You want the ones posted in the link above and they are available in lots of places. You can get them as just the tires and inserts or premounted.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:29 PM
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Body explanation is crap, what bodies are popular?
Not so sure the rules are that difficult to understand. If you do some homework, the popular choices are fairly easy to find. If you read the numerous race threads posted on this site, those will also often times tell you what was used.

The PF Caddy and Camaros, The McAllister MX Stang and Daytona Prototypes, along with some various Tamiya and HPI bodies are all popular choices. All are good and there are many more to choose from. That's a lot of the appeal of the class. Track surface, size and layout may also be a factor for you as well.

This thread and the USGT Paint thread both have information pertaining to your question.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Got it, thanks.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Body explanation is crap, what bodies are popular?
This why I love all of you
Old 04-25-2016, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

lmao
Old 04-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by robk View Post
This why I love all of you
reading is a highly over rated skill.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

HI!
I have no experience on asphalt track with USGT/ Ride spec tires, is there any advantage or recommendation on using tires warmer ? Thanks!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pat5b View Post
HI!
I have no experience on asphalt track with USGT/ Ride spec tires, is there any advantage or recommendation on using tires warmer ? Thanks!
Tire warmers will help on cooler days. I was at a parking lot race, this last weekend and a lot of guys were using Liquid Wrench (lubricanting oil) for tire treatment. It seemed to work well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.