Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi's Proto X

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Team Losi's Proto X

Not much has been seen on this car. News has gone around that team losi will be releasing the second revised kit for the jrxs , now formally called the "proto x". The car will be released in 2 platforms ( 4 wheel drive buggy and onroad). The car was first seen at the race in itally driven by Travis Amezcua and Adam Drake. Both drivers were switching off between there xxx-4 and there new Protox's. It looks like much has changed from the old car such as the new battery and motor place ment, the topdeck, servo placement and battery placement. It has been said that losi will release the car later in the spring due to drastic testing

more info on this car will be posted shortly

pictures of the car can be seen blow

Amish
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi's Proto X-protox1.jpg   Team Losi's Proto X-protox2.jpg   Team Losi's Proto X-protox3.jpg   Team Losi's Proto X-protox-4.jpg  

Last edited by hpipro321; 09-24-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that most people familiar with the jrx-s is aware of the images on www.jrxs.net. If you are not, there are pictures of the Proto X as it appeared at the off-road worlds In Italy. I would post a link to the pics but the site seems to be down at the moment.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's been down for a few days. If it's the same pic's that I've seen, I can't see it being released. For on-road it wouldn't be as bad but for off-road, the diffs are way to exposed. No foam front bumper, and a flimsy lexan cover just won't cut it for big jump North American tracks.

We'll see how it turns out but I can't see myself buying another Losi vehicle for awhile. Considering all of my cars except my MT and 1/8th scale are Losi, that kinda say'ssomething, I would think.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd agree with you misfits. While it'd probably work decently, I think the diffs would attract dirt to easily.

Here are some pics from teamorion.com

http://www.teamorion.com/live/images...-losi-px-l.jpg
http://www.teamorion.com/live/images...si-px-fr-l.jpg
http://www.teamorion.com/live/images...si-px-re-l.jpg
http://www.teamorion.com/live/images...i-px-re2-l.jpg
Old 09-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

no, the "jrx-4" will not be produced because this prototype takes nine screws to take the top plate off in order to get the batteries in and out. Not only that the sheer amount on custom made aluminum parts are to expensive to produce. This is a total prototype in its purest form, exposed diffes and short arms that are optimized for on road applications. touring car chassis = shitty off road car chassis hence the problem of the xxx-4's poor handling. the worlds losi drivers used the prototypes in the heats and put the same chassis through tech, which meant they had to use that prototype for the rest off the event.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I saw a picture of Billy Easton JRXS that had the motor in the back and the battery just in front of the motor. It was in a mag. I can't remember which one. Anyone else see the picture?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:00 PM
SRS
Tech Rookie

Losi is NOT going to produce this vehicle. They feel they can make a much better vehicle.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SRS
Losi is NOT going to produce this vehicle. They feel they can make a much better vehicle.

not only do they feel...they know....

that right there says its all until the final car does come out....

nothin better to be said SRS
Old 09-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRS
Just like they were NOT working on a CF plate chassis car witht he batteries down the centerline????

they denied it..and berated the people that reported it for nearly a year before they oficially unveiled the prototype...

I'm sorry...but ALL of the TC manufactureres are constantly working on improvements....Losi's revisions got spotted...they still need to continue selling current kits though..what do you expect them to say?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o.s. power
no, the "jrx-4" will not be produced because this prototype takes nine screws to take the top plate off in order to get the batteries in and out. Not only that the sheer amount on custom made aluminum parts are to expensive to produce. This is a total prototype in its purest form, exposed diffes and short arms that are optimized for on road applications. touring car chassis = shitty off road car chassis hence the problem of the xxx-4's poor handling. the worlds losi drivers used the prototypes in the heats and put the same chassis through tech, which meant they had to use that prototype for the rest off the event.
Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

They are working on refinements as the JRXS is just not as good as some other cars overall. Yes the car works for some but as an overall it seems to be lacking some and parts relaiablity from all the locals running them in our area are kinda poor. Even the fully sponsored Losi driver runs a car that is totally not stock and has almost never been stock since the day he got it. To me tha means the car is just not that good overall since he runs almost nothing stock.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Even the fully sponsored Losi driver runs a car that is totally not stock and has almost never been stock since the day he got it.
Could you please tell me what are those non-stock parts?
Old 09-24-2005, 06:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74
I wouldn't know where to start but lets say it is not stock. I didn't take pics or anything but if you look at your normal JRXS it looks nothing like his JRXS.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74
what is known to be differant is the arms, suspension and chasis
Old 09-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

hpipro321
Quote:Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74Could you please tell me what are those non-stock parts?

what is known to be differant is the arms, suspension and chasis
Gee, it might as well be a new TC, JRX-S2!!! If this went into production the conversion kit would cost as much as a new kit. Might be time to look at Tamiya 415 version 4, 5, or is it 8?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.