Search

2015 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 08:42 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Boom! Talk about t Fun Class
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-bmw-e-30-car-16.jpg  
Old 02-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Great

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
A USGT/GT10 funster class would be more interesting to me than a 17.5 class, which looks the same, but slower than 13.5

I'm sure it will be an EPIC event either way

I am all for a class that is just for Amateurs at this event USGT. It would be a great idea ! Something the guys that run mod and 13.5 would not be able to run.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus
Me personally, I'm not interested in seeing a 17.5 class.

I'd like the Reedy Race to showcase the elite racers who run in the Invitational Class and fast guy in Modified. 17.5 is fun, but I'd rather not see it for this event.

Looking forward to seeing this race go down. Should be awesome.
Things have changed so much in on-road that a modified only race is not an option. There are simply not enough racers that race modified regularly or who are willing to step up to modified for a single event. Stock racing is king and an event like this must break even which means including at least one stock class.

I apologize to those that have been waiting for the announcement. I am awaiting the last piece of information before the official announcement can be made. Once I have this there will be a press release distributed, a Facebook event page created, and the TC section of the www.reedyrace.com website enabled.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This topic comes up every year. Which class should be added to the RROC? I hope that they stick to the program. Leave this event what it is, a touring car race. I don't see them adding a side class to the Reedy offroad race and I hope they don't. The RROC should be the best of the best. If you are an amateur and want to participate in this race, run the classes that are offered. That's how the offroad race works.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Things have changed so much in on-road that a modified only race is not an option. There are simply not enough racers that race modified regularly or who are willing to step up to modified for a single event. Stock racing is king and an event like this must break even which means including at least one stock class.
I agree. The tough thing I feel is there is not much differentiation between modified and 17.5. So to casual fans of racing and maybe even racers themselves. I like the idea of something like USGT with a slower motor (spec?) or F1. The F1 class in ETS is so much bigger now and more manufacturers have released cars. In the past, F1 ETS results could never been found. Now it's included in the news feed for Redrc.

In any case, I know this event will be great regardless of the classes being run. Racers race so it's always game on.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
This topic comes up every year. Which class should be added to the RROC? I hope that they stick to the program. Leave this event what it is, a touring car race. I don't see them adding a side class to the Reedy offroad race and I hope they don't. The RROC should be the best of the best. If you are an amateur and want to participate in this race, run the classes that are offered. That's how the offroad race works.
I agree with you. Leave the program as it is. The speed of TC is just that, speed.

It has been done at least once that I remember. I think it was 2009 when a RCGT class was added in Sacramento at Speedworld. It was fine but TC is where the on road racing is.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Leave the goofy classes, GT, Trans Am, and F1 for club racing.

The Reedy race is for fast Mod and 13.5 touring cars.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I hate to say it.....even though I don't run any "goofy" classes, their are a lot of idiots that don't realize that the state of touring car/Onroad racing is what it is because you don't realize that these touring car "foster" classes are indeed these so called goofy classes. It's your bread and butter you dimwits. ETS has it right. Inclusion. You want greater participation, you can't expect the average masses to run Mod at a big event. Get your heads out of ass. We get the real show with Invite. It was already admitted to, that the RROC Onroad edition is no longer the Premier event it use to be. It WAS the event to be at for many years. Times change. And what hasn't been working needs to follow change. This is not to bag on the organizers because I know what exactly it takes to run a race of this magnitude. Scotty and AE know what needs to happen. Others should keep their opinions to themselves.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

My local favorite track doesn't even have a mod class.. even 13.5 isn't reliable. Real estate is very expensive to have huge and amazing track facilities like I've seen in Europe and elsewhere. I think that's why there is more talent abroad with mod because they simply have more venues to race at locally.

(says the Los Angeles/USA based racer guy)
Old 02-19-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

I have stopped club racing because of these goofy classes, a bunch of classes filled with three cars because everyone wants to get a gold star for winning.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

13.5 is goofy, if you think you are fast run mod
Old 02-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rick, Have you guys decided on a spec tire yet?
Old 02-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
When On-Road was booming, yes there was a lottery.
Now days it hasn't been needed.
Any idea when the entry will be opened for sign-ups?
Old 02-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Realtek
Rick, Have you guys decided on a spec tire yet?
The tire has not been determined yet. Testing will occur in the next couple of weeks and when the details are sorted out, it will be announced.

Originally Posted by Racer26
Any idea when the entry will be opened for sign-ups?
It was supposed to have happened last week but some unexpected complications with the sign up site has delayed things. I will not say when in case it is delayed again but we will be posting the info in this thread, on Facebook, and on both the Reedy and AE websites simultaneously.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Can't wait... got a TC this year just for the race. Got it cleared with the Mrs. and the Boss... it's game on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.