R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-26-2005, 07:47 AM   #46
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Shane and Scotty great job on the Live IIC coverage, makes you feel like your right there....Now next year video...hehehe....I won't need it though I will be there next year...

-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I agree,

The live coverage was great!

And winning the contest was very cool to.

Thanks Guys,
Old 09-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Let us knwo what Shane send you....

Curious minds want to know....
-SHookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrent
I agree,

The live coverage was great!

And winning the contest was very cool to.

Thanks Guys,
Old 09-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Great race coverage on the net. Big Atta boy to Shane, Scotty and all the rest involved. Next year should be better yet now that you have one in the can. Thanx!!!!
r a shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:44 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to R/C Lidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by r a shoe
...now that you have one in the can.
FTGT/ MT12
BLitZ/ Castle SCT
R/C Lidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:05 PM   #51
Tech Master

The live stuff was real cool and I give props to the guys who put that together but other than live I'd have to say coverage is very poor. It is impossible to find A mains result unless you were able to catch it on iic-live.
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:33 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Let us knwo what Shane send you....

Curious minds want to know....
-SHookie <><
I will pm you Shookie.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:40 PM   #53
R/C Tech Founder

My understanding is that the results went to liverc.com and nowhere else. I can only post what I was sent and I didn't get anything. When Doug gets back tomorrow I am sure he will be able to send stuff out.

I know there were a few problems (server crashes, lack of results) but all in all I was pretty satisfied with what we did. It was and is, however, extremely disheartening to see the complaining and, most of all, the people who were being completely and utterly vulgar and disrespectful in the chat room. Nothing made me feel like more of an idiot than providing a forum for people like that.

We will evaluate everything that went on this year and do whatever it takes to improve things for the next time. I feel like we raised the bar in a few areas and we'll work on doing it again across the board next time.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 PM   #54
R/C Tech Founder

Attached are full mains results from the 2005 IIC.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Overall_Mains.txt (139.9 KB, 186 views)
Old 09-27-2005, 04:51 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureal
I know there were a few problems (server crashes, lack of results) but all in all I was pretty satisfied with what we did. It was and is, however, extremely disheartening to see the complaining and, most of all, the people who were being completely and utterly vulgar and disrespectful in the chat room. Nothing made me feel like more of an idiot than providing a forum for people like that.

We will evaluate everything that went on this year and do whatever it takes to improve things for the next time. I feel like we raised the bar in a few areas and we'll work on doing it again across the board next time.
Shane: Thanks! It was great to be able to listen to the races. I have to agree that things were out of hand in the chat room. Maybe a subscriber only feature would weed out the jerks.
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:47 AM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Shane,

I thought everything that you guys did was awesome. You, Scotty, Doug, and everyone else raised the bar on how an RC race should be run and covered on the internet. The live broadcast and chat features (except for the idiots that talked stupid and used vulger language) was amazing. Being that this was the first time this was being done I think it came of very well, of course there can always be improvements and I know you will make them, but you don't always know what they are until the problems occur. I have to give everyone involved in putting the event together an A++++++ for making this hobby we all love even better. I know you all wroked hard to pull this off and truely appreciate all the time and effort you put in, and I know that the majority of us feel the same way, there are always going to be a few people that you can never please. Don't let them take away how proud you should feel for doing such an awesome job. I never understood how people can complain when people like you go out of your way to provide a free service.

Again great job and I can't wait for the DVD and the next event you will be doing.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 09-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmunno
Shane: Thanks! It was great to be able to listen to the races. I have to agree that things were out of hand in the chat room. Maybe a subscriber only feature would weed out the jerks.
I think since they could change there name at will they would just start cursing everyone and everything....
Maybe a supcriber would be a good thing....
You know it isn't free to put it on so maybe a fee for those who want to hear it...
Although I think you would want this to remain free, Maybe a login and varification process to weed out the bad apples.
Just a couple of suggestions cause it is very disheartining when people log in as Chris Tossolini and Barry Baker, and pretend they are the true racer and start to bash people or each other...Kind of a childish behavior if you ask me..
Anyhow Shane-----Great Job....unfortunatly I will not need it next year cause I will be there...Well maybe...in between heats I will log in and chat with those on line....What a fantastic thing you did...I felt like I was in the room.
-SHookie <><
Old 09-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #58
Tech Master

I think we should have to create an account and log in to be able to chat when tuning in to iic-live. There was about 4 "BlackKat"s on there on Saturday and if anyone says something under someone elses name that kinda sucks.
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:34 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hmmmm...Although BlackKat is on my Ignore List, I decided to read his post and am appalled at his inept statement.

As usual, he trashes something without any good justification. Those afficionatos that dedicated their time reading and listening to the live IIC broadcasts KNOW the results. Geeze, give the IIC guys a chance to get themselves home before you trash them about posting the results.

BlackKat,

OK, that being said, you remain on my Ignore List. But, please know that you are the only one there...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:59 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Default props

Shane,
I was glued to my computer all three days of the IIC event. You deserve much props for your maintenance of the chat room and web site under most hectic of conditions. You probably weren't expecting everything that occurec during the long days of the event. lol.

Thanks for continually repairing the Timing Reports/ chat room, the inmates were going ape during the few down periods. At time it got very annoying with the f bombs and the homosexual innuendos. I hope to be there next year, if not I will be logged on and will be posting "Shane Help" during any outages.lol

Seriously, Terrific job for a thankless position. I look forward to 2006
I have worked behind the scenes during events of a different nature, i therefore can appreciate all the effort you put in to pull off the IIC.

Thanks again
Wayne

Last edited by nagatahawk; 09-27-2005 at 10:16 PM.
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote