R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2005, 07:26 PM   #76
Tech Adept

Ordered an RDX 2 and a half weeks ago then heard some kits came in havd my LHS call them and some how they LOST my order. They said might be a week or two before more come in. I told them to cancel it and ordered an Xray T1FK 05 and it will be here in 3 days
F1ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to anthony390

if u ask me i would get a car that you can always get parts without any hassle so if somthing happens your LHS would have parts!
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:46 AM   #78
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony390
if u ask me i would get a car that you can always get parts without any hassle so if somthing happens your LHS would have parts!
You forgot one:

Traxxas
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:26 AM   #79
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
I'm trying to look for a very rock solid car as I aint a very good driver. I've just found out that my AE TC3 will break apart from just kissing the boundaries. The current kits ran at my track are the Xray, Pro 4 and AE TC4. I'm currently leaning towards the Pro 4 since at my track, the top drivers run it. My question is, is there any big difference between the Pro 4 and the Hara Edition? Are the upgrades between both cars noticeable?

What parts are you breaking often? If you're breaking alot of hubs and carriers, you may want to start using Losi parts. Those are more durable.

Personally, I like the TC3 only because I just got into this hobby. It is relatively dirt cheap compared to buying a new kit and parts are still readily available.

When you become a good driver, then you can upgrade to a better car and not worry about breaking stuff off of a $400 chassis. lol... I'm still waiting for the day that I get that good too!!!
Aries326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:11 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries326
What parts are you breaking often? If you're breaking alot of hubs and carriers, you may want to start using Losi parts. Those are more durable.

Personally, I like the TC3 only because I just got into this hobby. It is relatively dirt cheap compared to buying a new kit and parts are still readily available.

When you become a good driver, then you can upgrade to a better car and not worry about breaking stuff off of a $400 chassis. lol... I'm still waiting for the day that I get that good too!!!
I broke a left front arm from touching the wood. It wasnt even my fault because the battery was a bit faulty and it lost all power in a curve going straight with some speed against the wood.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:22 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Is there any difference between the T1FK05 and the FK05? Or are they the same car?
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #82
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Is there any difference between the T1FK05 and the FK05? Or are they the same car?
yep
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler
yep
hehe, that's like saying "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Then Rodney says "Yes"

hehe

Riteksu-same car
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #84
Tech Elite

What do you think about that eXpress race Rodney? or how about the ROAR region 3 race? The ROAR race is a shorter drive.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #85
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
What do you think about that eXpress race Rodney? or how about the ROAR region 3 race? The ROAR race is a shorter drive.
Haha I decided to answer the last question. Yeah I would like to travel up for one or both the Express race especially.
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #86
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to thedudeaturdoor
O...

well should i get the RC10 TC4
is it any good
b/c im trying to get into the whole 4wd parkinglot thing
thedudeaturdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #87
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

JRXS............what hobby shop can't get Losi parts!
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:30 PM   #88
Tech Rookie

Default pros and cons

josh short,,as most here has said all the cars are fairly equal,,tc/3 tc/4ros of this car are its fairly consistant,,easy to repair,,not real expensive,,
losi jrsx:excellent car, battery position is in perfect place,,2 major drawbacks,,losi's aftermarket replacement parts ,,haha,,hard to get,also i dont think you need to cut the car to make the batteries fit in,,3300's has to have car cut to fit them,,3700"s in this car?
corally,,drawbacks ,,battery position,,shocks(stock bladders are usually replaced with alternate brand)
price tc/3 tc4,,aprox 250
losi jrxs,,325
corally ,,425
in short i just bought the losi would trade for a tc4,,sorry mo and rob,,i do prefer the tc3,,/4
kctcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:03 AM   #89
Tech Apprentice

Default Which Car??????

Hi guys,
Thou i might not be the best around here, i have been setting up and driving alot of different car lately. So i thought i'll share my opinion on them.

ae ft-tc4 (shaft)
I have run a full blown team kit before and i have to say the ft kit is nothing like the team kit. thou it's double deck cf, it is still as stiff as the graphite tub chassis with the option of tunning it's stiffness (nice for people who races both carpet and asphalt) resulting in a lightest chassis from ae ever. couple with tc4 shaft drive train and the car is very punchy and power is instance (ppl who are trigger happy have to watch out). As with all ae car, out-of-box setup is very neutral for most asphalt track, with a tad bit of urgency feeling in chicanes. My complain with this car would lay in it's shock and diff. Thou the car has come a long way, it's shock needs revamp. The shock might be a bit tough on new comers as it require both cap and body to fill with oil before screwing them on. For these a set of yokomo damper kit can replace the ae shock and still use ae spring with no problem. Diff is next, thou ae has supplied both alloy outdrift and a plastic ones, it's a bit of a nightmare if tension is not set right. but these are only minor problems and i would still regard this car as a very formidle weapon of choice.

Losi jrx (belt)
This car is a revolution on it's own, a super weapon in a capable hand. with it's main weight down the center, it gooble up chicane with ease. building the car was smooth and it even has a body shell included as well (have not tried the shell yet...). As well with this design the car is really stiff, making it an exellent contander on carpet races. When i first build the car i thought the battery slot will have a hard time fitting in the 3700 cell type battery and i was right, luckly losi made an alloy battery holder for 3700 cell type battery, but as an option.
Down to testing and i started with the standard setup, the car is nothing like i have driven before. Like i mention before, chicane to losi is like fish to water. but that is also it's downside. the car somewhat feel abit nervous around fast sweeping corners and long continous radius corners. But with a bit of setup this car will do just fine. Acceleration wise, is not quite as harsh as some other making this a smooth car but to some, this may feel somewhat lazy.

Tamiya evo4ms (shaft)
Tamiya car has always been known as one of the easiest car to build and the evo4 is no exception and the damper is one of the finest i have ever build. Got them perfect 1st time easily and silky smooth too. that aside, this car is quick too as expected of a shaft driven car. Part wise is shared with most other tamiya car so part are interchangable. but i feel somewhat dissapointed with the standard kit setup as i can see there are potential in the car setup. With standard setup on a medium grip lvl track the car doesnt feel confident car is not consistent in either front or rear end grip. but as with setup this can be changed and this car can no doubt race against the best out there.

Tamiya 415msx (belt)
What can i say, It's the car that won the 2004 ifmar tittle. As with all tamiya car this car is also easy to build. And like the evo4, parts are shared with most other tamiya cars. Initial drive with this car is it's neutral, like the tc4, but as a belt car it's smoother on the acceleration and more forgiving to those who are a bit trigger happy.

Hpi pro4 2005 spec (shaft)
This i known to be one of the top car in stock class. Many have claim it's has the best out-of-box setup and i dont doubt that at all. silky drive train with almost zero work done, stable, consistent.... But that just stock. With a mod motor thou, it's a whole different car. Like an angry bull let loosed. Acceleration was killer, probably over kill as it easily over power the tires and charging around the slower corners is always a struggle to keep the car balance and finger under control. setup can change this..... Thou it will be somewhat annoying as the pro4 is one of the harder car to change it setup.
it's bevel gear is also a bit on the weak side(probably due to the amount of power going through it). a slight head on collition can break a teeth or 2. But this is only with a mod motor. I still highly recommend it for intermediate driver who drive in stock class.

Hot bodies Cyclone (belt)
Havent tried this car yet so i can really give any comment on it

Yokomo SD lcg/world kit (shaft)
Like the pro4 and the tc4, this car has some quick acceleration. It's also suprisingly very stable even thou it has a very aggresive steering. servicing on this car is quick, only requiring to pull small amount of screw out. but this car does have it's weak point as well. It's chassis is very flexible, thus carpet racing is not recomended unless u can get your hand on some stiffer chassis. A hit on the car also causes the car to tweak. The universal joint is also very tempremental (pin will drop out if the grub holding it is not thread locked and tightened). All in all, a very fast car but not recomended for beginners or drivers that tend to run into something hard (wall, barriers, other car, etc).

Yokomo bd (belt)
Belt version of the sd. Shares 80% of part with sd. Like the sd, it has similiar problem with the universal joint and a very flexible chassis. So it's not a carpet car as well. Despice all it's problem, it is still a very fast car, very stable throughout with a hint of understeer, but like the sd, it's not a car that can take hit very well.

Well that's all for now. I'll put more in next time.
muahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:22 AM   #90

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

3.2R or the T-Fource? what should i get?
teamride is offline   Reply With Quote