Xray
HPI
HotBodies
Schumacher
Corally
Old 09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just a perspective from someone who is still pretty new at this. A lot has changed in the 15 years since I was last in this hobby. How about a sticky with more advanced info like soldering basics, tuning your car with toe, camber, caster, shock oil basics, maybe some info on springs and their color codings (im not even sure yet if all manufacturers use the same coding system), foam tire selection, achieving proper gear mesh (like how am I supposed to set the gear mesh when I cant even see the gears in my tc3), etc. I know theres a lot of basic info there that is all kind of new to me. Some of us previously experienced guys dont know jack about on road racing.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
<----------
<----------
<----------
Duh!!! Guess it shows I don't pay much attention to anybodys avatar. My bad.... Sorry!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All the cars mentioned here are really good. Pick one then stick with it. I see guys change cars all the time and they never figure them out before they switch.

I am partial to the Schumacher Mi2
Old 09-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

what i would get is the FT TC4
Old 09-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Wow, I bought a Tamiya Evo III SL where the idiot who had the car before me installed the front diff backwards. Made for a funny moment when I took it out and gunned the throttle
EDIT: Wow...I'm replying to something 2 pages ago...I must have missed pages 2 & 3....LOL
Old 09-23-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all the cars meantioned above are great. I run a Schumacher MI2. I run it cause I wanted something different. even though my local shop doesnt' have parts for them on hand. But they can get them in 1 or 2 days. That I can live with.

X-ray either the 04/05 are great cars. an 04 is the top car at my club in point Manly cause the driver is so freaking good. I seem to belong to an x-ray club. ( about 75% of poeple run them) I drove an o4 didn't like it felt to loose for me.

I would mentioned the tc3 and tc4 but your looking for a belt car. But for people that are curious. I would recommend both the tc4 is the newer car and a good cost factor against the x-rays.(cheaper to buy). If you starting out there are a bunch of tc3 out there with tons of spares. Most of these guys' that are selling are either leaving the hobby or decided they wanted to move on to something different(like a belt in stead of shaft) And you can get a used tc3 for a good price. Plus another good point about both the tc3/4 that you can get it in a rtr kit, and at a good price.
Tamiya kit a strong too. NOt to familar with them.
Seen a few Integy cars. Pretty fast once dialed but here part are hard to get.
All I can say is pick a car that you think will work and stick with it. As it will take some time to get the car dailed for your driving style.

Another thing you will notice in mag. that this racer won the world with this car. or won with this car. you have to remember these racer a dam good, If he won with brand x give him a couple of day with brand y and could of won with that car instead. In another words it's alot with driving the car and having it set up the way you need.
I never seen an pro 4 or a rdx. seen a losi jrx-s but not to familar with it so can't comment on them
Oh well my 0.02 worth.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'm trying to look for a very rock solid car as I aint a very good driver. I've just found out that my AE TC3 will break apart from just kissing the boundaries. The current kits ran at my track are the Xray, Pro 4 and AE TC4. I'm currently leaning towards the Pro 4 since at my track, the top drivers run it. My question is, is there any big difference between the Pro 4 and the Hara Edition? Are the upgrades between both cars noticeable?
Old 10-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I'm trying to look for a very rock solid car as I aint a very good driver. I've just found out that my AE TC3 will break apart from just kissing the boundaries. The current kits ran at my track are the Xray, Pro 4 and AE TC4. I'm currently leaning towards the Pro 4 since at my track, the top drivers run it. My question is, is there any big difference between the Pro 4 and the Hara Edition? Are the upgrades between both cars noticeable?
I used to run a Pro4 w/ alot of the hara upgrades, then about half a year later, I bought a bone stock Pro4 and was just as quick with it. You'll do fine with a stock pro4. Also, get the P-dub front bumper. It will save you front-end parts if you hit the wall or a pipe. I've been running my new Pro4 for 4 weekends and still haven't had a DNF or broken a single part.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

http://pdubracing.com/
Old 10-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
My opinion is that any car from these companies can win:

AE
Losi
Tamiya
Yokomo
Xray
HPI
HotBodies
Schumacher
Corally
don't forget Alex Racing

i had an Alex Racing R2/3 back in the day(Stinger is their new car)...it has the potential
of making National A Main appearances and it looked awesome!
(most consistent car i ever drove)
Old 10-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

But you have to wear ear defenders on the main straight :P :P
Old 10-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

And put up witht the Active castor! LOL

The castor blocks have more slop than you grandma!
Old 10-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew_Carter
And put up witht the Active castor! LOL

The castor blocks have more slop than you grandma!
LMAO!!!

Well said!
Old 10-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Riketsu
If you hit the boards a lot the pro4 might not be good choice as it will break diff gears if abused,
You might be better to choose a belt drive, such as HB Cyclone or Yokomo BD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.