R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece

I love these threads.

All cars are good. If you know how to tune and maintain a car, then you will be fast with that car. At my track, 6 guys run within a few tenths per lap, and everyone has a different car from a different company. Only cars I would stay away from is the Yokomo LCG on carpet and the Losi on asphalt. LCG is too soft for carpet and Losi is too stiff for asphalt.
YeP!! Thats why Pro4 and the new HB Cyclone are the fastest and best cars out there because people who drive them maintain them properly to keep them on the edge(the peak proformance).
Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Web-Master make a Forum called "Product Reviews", then the "Best Cars, Best Motors, Best Paint, and other over and over discussed items can be placed there. Sort of one stop shop.

You folks noticed a brand new thred entitle "Bearings"
Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Xray05

with a BMI chassis.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:32 AM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Just curious, do you guys want to start an "official" what car to buy thread? I see this same question asked over and over again every week, while it does get frustrating at times, but there are some that just need more input/opinion/view/suggestion to help with their purchase. So instead of a thread being started everytime someone needs that kind of information, we can consolidate it all to one thread. I'm sure the thread will stay on the first page visibly with no problem considering how many times a similar individual thread is started each week. Let me know what you guys think and I can get one going

Steve Wang
Great Idea steve....

Manybe have it locked and sticky at the top? and have one post on each car out there, with the pros and cons of each posted.... taking input from people who drive them. Just an idea.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:12 AM   #35
Tech Regular

buy a Cyclone or a FK05. both awesome cars.

you should just choose whatever you think you will like or want any of the top cars out there will do you good!
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:23 AM   #36
Tech Regular

sometimes new people dont even know what the "top" level cars are....

for example... tamiya has so many toureres going around that is hard to know whats good or not ta04, 415, ta05.... even withing a certain chassis there are different kits... e.g 415, 415ms, 415msx ...etc etc....

i know xray make great cars coz i am familar with the xb8 they got.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:31 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

which companies might come out with new cars???
josh short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:18 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofey
I love my X ray....best thing I ever bought...was kinda funny seeing somebody install there diff backwards in there pro 4

Like Chad said there all good just need there time put into set up and trying diffrent things...Just try to get what your local hobby shop supports so you have access to parts...
yea yea it up goofey it wouldn't have happen if i didn't work 12 hours before raceday and be in a rush to get the car ready with out sleep iam lucky that's all that i missed up
Old 09-21-2005, 07:29 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Quote:
Yeah, that really is funny. Isn't it Joey I'm just playin man. I wouldn't rag on you if I didn't you think you'd return the favor in the pits.
yeah you can count on that chad i think i might just loosen the setscrew on your pinion gear or maybe just loosen the nuts on your wheels before the main or maybe both haven't made my mind up yet will just have to see next raceday
Old 09-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn
yeah you can count on that chad i think i might just loosen the setscrew on your pinion gear or maybe just loosen the nuts on your wheels before the main or maybe both haven't made my mind up yet will just have to see next raceday
You can loosen the set screw, just don't touch my nuts. I don't what any more wheels coming off. That was a big reason why I gave up the Xray (and the shocks suck)

ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Quote:
You can loosen the set screw, just don't touch my nuts. I don't what any more wheels coming off. That was a big reason why I gave up the Xray (and the shocks suck)

hey now chad it wasn't all the cars fault there was about three of us running the xray at one time and you where the one having the most trouble out of it you could fixed the wheel coming off after the first time it happened with a touch of locktite just sounds like poor race prep or maybe i was lurking around the corner with a screwdriver just trying to help you free up the wheels for you so you can get better freespin
Old 09-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn
hey now chad it wasn't all the cars fault there was about three of us running the xray at one time and you where the one having the most trouble out of it you could fixed the wheel coming off after the first time it happened with a touch of locktite just sounds like poor race prep or maybe i was lurking around the corner with a screwdriver just trying to help you free up the wheels for you so you can get better freespin
I did have alot of freespin...and you did say that you'd relieve pressure on the axle bearings. It's all starting to add up
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have personally tried several of the cars listed and they are all good cars but my favorite is the X-ray FK05, probably because it is the closest to the FK04 I previouslt drove.

If you have been happy with your losi and like the way it drives I would suggest trying the JRX-S. The car is fast, easy to drive, and replacement parts are always available and inexpensive.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:

I must be the black sheep or something but I actualy like the x-ray shocks and have had fewer wheels come off on my x-ray in the last 2 years than I did on any of my AE / Losi / HPI / Tamiya sedans in 1/2 that time.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:24 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Quote:

The XRAY-shocks... nightmare. I can build 2 more Yokomo shock sets with the time consumed to built one Xray shock set. I even experienced once new XRAY shock membrane with little hole in it. Damn!!!
Best Car : Yokomo (if you don't hard crash it too often or she will be your "shopping" car).