Old 11-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry, double post.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest

1. A year long, binding approval process. All products must be submitted by date X, approved by date Y, and would be legal until the following approval window. No "moving the bar" by instituting new equipment, or new testing processes mid-year.
Sounds like a good start.

The ultimate solution would be to use equipment that didn't require an approval process.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
okay....want to vote
but where do we find info on the names on the list.

only know two names on the list....
kinda of hard to place a vote without info

a small bio should be submitted for each candidate, at least to get a hint whom is there.
I found the following comment from Steve Pond when I was looking into who to vote for.
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.doherty.98229
Old 11-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sorry andrew it just takes us to your page. maybe a copy and paste might be in order.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Onroad needs an entry point for a new racer. Vta is not that place with full blown touring cars and nostalgic bodies.

I agree that onroad needs an entry point, but how is having a full blowm touring car not that point? When I got started racing 24 years ago, I had a full blown RC10. Pretty much the same as any other car on the track at the time. In offroad people are starting with 4x4 sct. How are these any different than a 1/8 buggy. Its not the chassis that is intimidating, its the speed and traction. I think the Kiwi's have a better handle on this than we do. They race 21.5, 13.5, and mod. Thats a slow, fast, and super fast class that someone can fit into. Here 95% race 17.5 in TC. If just getting started your thrown to the wolves so to speak. And then there is no room to grow.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
sorry andrew it just takes us to your page. maybe a copy and paste might be in order.
Zoom in and read the text

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7328703&type=1
Old 11-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
I've never figured out how to link to a URL that takes visitors to a specific post on my homepage. What I am referencing is at the top of my page and is the most recent post. I have made it public, but I may have missed something.

Anyone is free to PM me if they want me to copy and paste the quote to them.

Warning, the information is not pleasant.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I found the following comment from Steve Pond when I was looking into who to vote for.
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.doherty.98229
Wow
Old 11-21-2014, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
1. A year long, binding approval process. All products must be submitted by date X, approved by date Y, and would be legal until the following approval window. No "moving the bar" by instituting new equipment, or new testing processes mid-year.
We are all in wish list mode so the ideas are flying, and that is good. A few more things to think about. I think we are all looking at this from the end user perspective. We need to also hear/learn from the manufactures what their gripes are with roar. The Trinity D3.5 story has been beaten to death, but I am sure there are other industry partners/manufactures that are frustrated. I would bet some have opted to not sent their products for approval to simply avoid the headaches. Now, I don't know if anyone from any company will come here and discuss this. The next roar team should be listening to manufactures as well.

To expand on what Ian posted above. It might help to have quarterly submission dates for product approval. If there is only one submission date per year and a manufacture product misses that date. They miss out on a lot of time waiting a year to submit again. With the speed that new products can come to market now our ideal roar wants to be receiving submissions. More submissions mean more revenue for roar, more participating manufactures and more a diverse approved products.

Snowy.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
With the speed that new products can come to market now our ideal roar wants to be receiving submissions. More submissions mean more revenue for roar...
ROAR makes no money from product approvals. (The fees go only to the independent test labs.) That's a big problem. A manufacturer can send in as many batteries, motors, rotors, ESCs, etc., as they want, but ROAR doesn't profit from it. (Actually, there are no fees at all for rotor approvals.)

The net result is that ROAR has a huge number of products in the approval process, and far too few people to keep up with it.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:22 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
ROAR makes no money from product approvals. (The fees go only to the independent test labs.) That's a big problem. A manufacturer can send in as many batteries, motors, rotors, ESCs, etc., as they want, but ROAR doesn't profit from it. (Actually, there are no fees at all for rotor approvals.)

The net result is that ROAR has a huge number of products in the approval process, and far too few people to keep up with it.
Not that it's much but roar does make an extra 70.00 on a company affiliate membership in order to even be able to submit an item for approval. Affiliates pay 100.00 for membership instead of 30.00. So they do make a little but not like it used to be for sure.

EA
Old 11-21-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Not that it's much but roar does make an extra 70.00 on a company affiliate membership in order to even be able to submit an item for approval. Affiliates pay 100.00 for membership instead of 30.00. So they do make a little but not like it used to be for sure.

EA
Yes, thanks for the correction. Now if ROAR could make just $100 per submission, it would be very helpful to their finances.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

How much does ROAR charge for the approval of an item?
And how much does a track have to pay to host a national or regional?
Old 11-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
How much does ROAR charge for the approval of an item?
And how much does a track have to pay to host a national or regional?
It varies on the item. Motors have a set fee, batteries are a set fee and speedo submissions are a different fee. They are all listed on the ROAR website as well. All the money for the inspections goes directly to the lab doing the inspections. ROAR does nothing except read the report from the lab and EXCOM votes on adding the item to the approved list. This usually takes 4-6 weeks for a vote to happen and get added.

The labs do a great job of getting things inspected quickly. They are also very good with their communication to the manufacture. This is something that has greatly improved since ROAR started using independent labs.

EA
Old 11-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I agree that onroad needs an entry point, but how is having a full blowm touring car not that point? When I got started racing 24 years ago, I had a full blown RC10. Pretty much the same as any other car on the track at the time. In offroad people are starting with 4x4 sct. How are these any different than a 1/8 buggy. Its not the chassis that is intimidating, its the speed and traction. I think the Kiwi's have a better handle on this than we do. They race 21.5, 13.5, and mod. Thats a slow, fast, and super fast class that someone can fit into. Here 95% race 17.5 in TC. If just getting started your thrown to the wolves so to speak. And then there is no room to grow.
Offroad took a progression over the last few years. 2wd SCT was the entry point. Those guys have moved on to 4x4 sct and 1/8th electric. The 2wd SCT was a much more affordable entry point. The 1/8th electric cars are now becoming that entry point more with RTR kits. This may get offroad into the same scenario where onroad is unfortunately. To be more specific, an affordable entry point which targets the youth. Maybe I am wrong, but take a look at the age groups in the onroad scene.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.