Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
See to me this is the problem. A sanctioning body shouldnt be as concerned about the 5-8% of actual National entry drivers that actually attend a worlds. They should be more concerned with the steady decline of new faces coming into this hobby because if not that 5-8% that do attend the worlds is going to slowly decline too.

I agree ROAR should be fixed.....only time will tell if it is or not. Its hard to help an organization that refuses help (not talking about my situation) but others in general.

EA
This is precisely the reason we need someone with new ideas serving in an exceutive capacity @ ROAR. Without new interest from those previously uninvolved with the racing aspect of the hobby, we'll see our already dwindling numbers fall even further; without new guidelines by which to keep those new racers interested in participating, we stand to lose many racers currently involved along with any new racers that might have shown an interest.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Everyone agrees ROAR needs to be fixed. The big question is how.

There are many great ideas out there, but no one knows how to implement them. The largest resource needed for any of the plans that have been suggested is people, and ROAR has very little of that resource. Fix that problem, and everything else becomes much easier.

If starting from scratch was the answer, someone would have done it already.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default help

before roar wants/accepts help...they have to admit they need it first....otherwise it's business as usual for them....plain and simple...
this is the intervention.....roar didn't want to listen, just ran out the room to get another hit....

I've said it before... who the hell are these people at the helm.....I don't even know their backgrounds.....I'm suppose to vote for people I can't get info on?
Is this on roar web page? Please direct me to correct page.

Perhaps there should be a rule, in order to keep your position you must provide past/current term accomplishments and new agenda for upcoming term... Does this exist? if so, please inform where in the by-laws or link to info...thanks.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jiml
Everyone agrees ROAR needs to be fixed. The big question is how. . .
Guess the first place to start is that a member is aware of when his or her membership expires. That sure would have saved a lot of drama in this instance.

I'm a ROAR member. I carry my membership card in my billfold and am aware of my membership expiration date. This enables me to re-new with overlap instead of underlap.

ROAR's representing r/c racing to the national and international community is a big responsibility. Success starts with the simple things. Like maintaining an active membership.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Not worth the brain cells for the clueless.

EA
Old 11-18-2014, 01:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
before roar wants/accepts help...they have to admit they need it first....otherwise it's business as usual for them....plain and simple...
this is the intervention.....roar didn't want to listen, just ran out the room to get another hit....

I've said it before... who the hell are these people at the helm.....I don't even know their backgrounds.....I'm suppose to vote for people I can't get info on?
Is this on roar web page? Please direct me to correct page.

Perhaps there should be a rule, in order to keep your position you must provide past/current term accomplishments and new agenda for upcoming term... Does this exist? if so, please inform where in the by-laws or link to info...thanks.
http://www.roarracing.com/executive_committee.php

http://www.roarracing.com/regions.php
Old 11-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I think Im going to renew my membership to ROAR....
that was a waste....

where is my USVTA membership...hummm there you are...love ya
Old 11-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
that was a waste....

where is my USVTA membership...hummm there you are...love ya
Myron,

If you signed up on Paypal just ask for a refund. They have been granting most of them. Some have had to file disputes but so far all have been approved for the people that signed up just to Vote for myself.

EA
Old 11-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

few hours ago I was like cool...this is a good thing....I get back on here and the world is sideways...wtf...

geez whiz....sometimes we as racers and grown azz men need to realize sometimes the truth is the only thing to rely on. And some truth may be mixed with a little lie....but its better than just a lie...
Old 11-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Think I'm gonna go hit up the PayPal site for a refund myself... Rather take the money and get a set of tires for someone that races on a tight budget than to contribute to the roar off-road nationals
Old 11-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

EA,

It may be a moot point at this juncture, but is ROAR issuing the refund, or is PayPal doing so and then looking to ROAR to reimburse? If it is ROAR, I wonder where the bylaws state that they can do this? Seems almost like paying folks to not change the status quo.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

+1 on what Myron said.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

O.K I have sat and read all of this from the beginning. It seems to me that nothing can or will be done about the decision that R.O.A.R. has made, so if you want change ,play the game they want. Let this go...for now, Eric If you want to be president and I agree ,you would be a breath of fresh air for this organization, keep your membership current and the next cycle that comes around for a vote we can do it all over again...by their rules, in their own back yard.
We won't get change posting on here but we can work now to insure that the person we all seem to want to lead this organization WILL BE ELECTED by their rules in the next cycle.
It is time for a change. R.O.A.R. didn't get this way over night and we won't change it that fast either.
Even the greatest journey starts with one step.
IMPROVISE...ADAPT....AND OVERCOME!
Just my opinion.... folks just an observation.
now back to your regularly scheduled postings
Old 11-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

I have sat and read all of the post about the nonsense ROAR is pulling. I find it ironic that 2 of the guys that made the decision to disqualify Eric are also running for president. I am a little slow, but isn't this a conflict of interest? I don't know Eric and i don't race on-road, but I voted for him. It seems to me he created some true excitement about the future of ROAR and somebody didn't like that! Then you have one ROAR official saying he didn't like the vote, but he had to go with the group. STAND UP for the people you represent! ROAR will never go anywhere like that. Then you have another ROAR official getting an attitude toward everybody that has posted comments and taking unnecessary jabs at Eric. I think the masses have spoken. If you guys really wanted to do what is best for ROAR and it's members, you would allow Eric to run and become the new president. Now, I am ready for the bs about rules are rules and I will say to that: Do not throw rocks if you live in a glass house. My ROAR membership also lapsed, but it was back dated to my original date. I am nobody, so did ROAR do me a "friendly favor" by back dating mine? Oh well I could keep going, but I will stop.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intimdator10
I have sat and read all of the post about the nonsense ROAR is pulling. I find it ironic that 2 of the guys that made the decision to disqualify Eric are also running for president.
Then you clearly didn't read all the posts as it has been said in at least two that both steves refrained from voting.

Of course, that doesn't mean they couldn't have made their opinion on the vote very clear. Not saying they would do that but you never know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.