Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Opps Fred's post disappeared.
Yep it did after I posted what I wrote and much before anything you might have wrote.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This entire situation makes roar look even more useless and less trustworthy then they already appear. I highly doubt I will be participating in any roar events moving forward.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First time logging in here since 03-11-2011, first post since 11-05-2010, EA got screwed. Sad to see that things have only gotten worse since I left....
Old 11-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Full disclosure: I am not currently a member so can't vote anyway. If I was, I would not vote for Eric because I don't really know the guy. I know only two things about him. 1. He builds some good motors and 2. He was one of a few people that sued ROAR. So I would have voted for Pond.
Pond and Mruk were involved in a series of unfortunate decisions that led to ROAR getting sued. They did far more damage than EA who was only named in the suit but not an active participant.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What a joke... I feel fuked for even taking the time to vote. Start your own sanction body that actually makes some sense Eric. I will join.. I'm sure you can put together a national event that draws more than 30 people
Old 11-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

As much as I wanted to stay out of this, I have seen enough.

Rob,
Freds post probably had something to do with the f-this ,f-that, f-roar tantrum you threw when I asked you about this on Saturday.
You have a guy in Eric who wants to make a difference. Why are you guys at roar so afraid to let him have his time?
This is the most petty bs thing roar could do. You had to search high and low to find this "issue".
Maybe it's time to set your egos aside and look at the fact that Eric has been a contributing member of the rc community for a long time. And my guess is he has been a member of roar for 10 years or more.
Roar excom needs to grow up and do the right thing for the hobby.
Give the members what they want....and voted for. .....EA2015
Old 11-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Since none of you were not there for the conversation, I'll tell you it was pretty much the same as the post I made except I was totally pissed.

Josh Hohnstein was basically questioning my integrity, and also had no idea of the internal dialog of the excomm, but he assumed he knew my intentions.

Did I question what exactly Eric would do for roar, yes, since I have yet to see an exacting plan. I also told Josh I have not heard anything in terms of a plan from the other candidates. I further told josh roar has made a bunch of mistakes in how things are handled. In the end, we have to follow the by laws and rules because good intentions and going along to get along put us in the exact situation we are in right now.

Josh seemed to think that we should just ignore the requirements.

At this point I really don't care what you guys think of me. Yes I f ing swear an f ing lot. Especially when I feel insulted. I'm just trying to follow what the rules are in this situation.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Please list your grievances. Seriously, since it would be good to hear what is wrong.
You must be really ignorant if after all the issues ROAR has had you need someone to spell it out for you. Take a look in the mirror.

Do I have other grievances? Yup I do. And I chose not to bring them up in this thread.

I think you'll find a lot more people than just Josh Hohnstein question your integrity as well as several others within ROAR.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

I can't believe this guy is our Tech director. How did that happen?

Thanks,
Drew
Old 11-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I became tech director because I was asked to after being electric section chairman for a while. I was hesitant because I wasn't sure I would do a good enough job, but I wound up being persuaded to do it. I like the idea of being involved and try to make a contribution.

I'm also seeing why I'm am one of the few roar people who is willing to talk on rctech about these issues. It doesn't seem like much good comes of it.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm also seeing why I'm am one of the few roar people who is willing to talk on rctech about these issues. It doesn't seem like much good comes of it.
No good ever comes of it.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lmfao... So glad the nonsense that is and has been ROAR is coming to light for the rest of the world to see.

And Rob... You know why/how/when those Bylaws came in?? When I was going to run for ROAR President in the Mike Queller days and suddenly this entire load of BS requirements were added to keep me out of being eligible...

And to think I've been a ROAR member since the 1986 or 87 Off-Road Nationals I raced at SEMROCC here in Detroit...
Old 11-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Just my observation Rob, but I think part of the issue is that it seems the excomm has forgotten that they are elected officials. Put in office to serve the best interest of the ROAR members. This move does not seem to be what the members are asking for. It also seems to be serving someone else's interest. I could be and hope I'm wrong but that is the impression that most people seem to be having. The excomm has all the power to prove that impression wrong though. The question is, will they?
Old 11-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Lmfao... So glad the nonsense that is and has been ROAR is coming to light for the rest of the world to see.
I'm writing in Josh for prez.

P.S. My CEFX car will be making a comeback in just a few more weeks.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
There is more than nonsense going on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.